The online racing simulator
Quote from blackbird04217 :The test even is not mandatory although HIGHLY recommended for testing the system, learning about it, and all of that other stuff, as well as to practice the MRT which will be an evident event whether people practiced or not. NONE of the other events conflict with IGTC or things that I know of, at least it didn't when I made the schedule.

thats al and well but u should include me on the participants list
Sorry for double post but i can't race the first race becaus,
for the first time in recent years im going on vecation
bah, saw the time only right now. Is it ok if i only come to the last race?
A quick little bump and a change to the first post...

This is likely to be the last Head to Head Series in 2008

There will most likely be more in 2009 but that is some time off so try it out while you can!
Hello, I would like to sign up, but I'm not 100% sure if I will be on every event.

First Name: Michal
Last Name: Saidl
Username: Drift King CZ
Team Name: Exedy Team

Racing Experience: ANTIK Sport Cars Cup, ANTIK Formula FBM Cup, Turbo Coupé Championship, 4 hours endurance Westhill @ GTR, some 1 night events...
Other unique / interesting facts: Logitech G25 user, clutch, shifter, 720°, I play LFS 1,5 year
And don't be scared of my lfs username... clean racer.
First Name: Jakub
Last Name: Šimek
Username: Kdovi
Team Name: Dynamic Racing

Racing Experience: IGTC, GTTC, Antik Turbo Cup, PCOSOC, Intercars GT...
Other unique / interesting facts: Still in my second team (10 months) - interesting, eh? Simracing addict since GPL - got it for 8th birthday
First Name: Martin
Last Name: Sahlström
Username: Martin.S
Team Name: Nordic Racing Group

Racing Experience: Torsdagsrace, SCC Cup, Gentlemen's Cup and some smaller Swedish cups.
Other unique / interesting facts: S2 since 1/1 2007 and been a member of NRG team since march 2007. Raced in lots of swedish events but now I want to try something new.
i dont know if i will be on every event

First Name: Dan
Last Name: Kovář
Username: hadesko
Team Name: D-Max. SunRISE team

Racing Experience: ANTIK TBO Cup, ANTIKdemo Cup, Turbo Coupé Championship,and some events...
Other unique / interesting facts: Logitech DFP, 540°, I play LFS 1,5 year.
First Name: Patrik
Last Name: Seidler
Username: zeugnimod
Team Name: [noobs]

Racing Experience: ATC Mini League, Get Wrecked (), OLFSL, Gentlemen's Cup

Other unique / interesting facts: 100.000 miles and still hopelessly slow
First Name: Felix
Last Name: Funke
Username: speedway
Team Name: [noobs]

Racing Experience:
- Road Sport Summer Cup
- Road Sport Winter Cup
- Unity Mini League
- RMR GTR
- Gentlemen Cup
- [RM] 16h of Aston Historic
- Battle of the Teams
- AR MRT Challenge
- Noobs Grand Prix Season 1+2
- LX Clubsport Challenge
- one or the other ATC 60lapper and various other single events

Other unique / interesting facts:
- has his own special and unique throttle help
- stalks ziggymon through all his leagues
- stalks him just to beat him whenever possible
- has probably forgotten to list some more participated leagues a bit further up this post
- had severe problems to read through the first post, since it was way too long and there were no pictures in it
I would hardly call it invading :P They are welcome to join...
-
(pilotman) DELETED by de Souza : same post as below
h2h summer series
First Name: Ben
Last Name: Battaglia
Username: pilotman
Team Name: TRA

Racing Experience: N/A
Other unique / interesting facts: Played for a year, use wheel, used to use keyboard and was about the same speed as a wheeler
Lots of people signing up, how nice! Some really good drivers as well, looks like the competition will be very tough.
Just wanted to tell, im not in a team anymore
-
(Mp3 Astra) DELETED by Mp3 Astra
Head-to-Head: Summer Series '08 - Notice
NOTICE: A few small changes are being made to the announced rules.

Qualifying system will consist of the Warm-up, Qualify Session 1 and Qualify Session 2. However session 1 will contain the faster drivers from the mandatory warm-up. Also the sessions will include half the field however no more than 15 of the top drivers get into Qualify Session 1. (IE: 35 people show up to the warm-up session, top 15 people will get into Qualify Session 1 and the other 20 will be in Qualify Session 2, still only 5 minutes to complete the Outlap, Hotlap and Cool-down Sector 1.).

Another change from the previous season is that there will be 1 thread per event. Titled: "Head-to-Head: Summer Series '08 - Event #". The very first post will consist of the confirmed racers, which is going to be used in the event of a popularity increase. Upto 45 people will be allowed to compete in a single event, however reserves will be used if those people do not show up BEFORE the warm-up session. If there are less than 45 people on the server, and someone is signed up for the Head-to-Head Summer Series '08, they will be allowed to compete even if they did not confirm. (Please confirm so you can reserve your spot just in case more than 45 people show to a single event.). On this topic, make sure you give us a notice if you won't be able to make the event as there is a 15pt Penalty for not doing so.

There may be a few minor changes as I develop the Automated-System but we may be announcing more great news soon! I just wanted everyone to know, and all current sign-ups will be sent a Private Message about this as well.
Quote from blackbird04217 :On this topic, make sure you give us a notice if you won't be able to make the event as there is a 15pt Penalty for not doing so.

I won't be at the pre-season event, Event 1 or Event 2.
I wont be at the 28th of June Warm Up Event because it's in direct conflict with the KY500.
There will be no points, or penalties or anything given at the test/pre-season event. It is mainly used to get people practicing and prepare for the upcoming season. Also the MRT will be one of the trickier events and it will be VERY evident who put some effort in during practice time so please do so for all the events, it will make the series a lot better.
you say you will split the field into 2 so having two qualifying sessions but will the "slower" drivers in session 2 be able to compete for pole or will it be thos in session 1 will be top 15 and those in session 2 will make up the grid from there?
The qualifying results will be combined and mixed up at the end. It is a big advantage to have a good time during the 10minute warm-up as there may be less people on track, and the reason for the split is to make it so the alien drivers have the clean hot-lap since the qualifying sessions now only allow 1 hot-lap to add more pressure to qualifying. As normal the top 16 players will compete in the event. (If there are ever 27 players or more than the top 32 people from the combined results will make it into Round 1 of the event). I hope this explains it a bit better. Just because you are in Qualifying Session 2 doesn't mean you can't still get the pole during your hot-lap.

Just so you know, the Automated System will call all the names in the session as it starts and allow a 30 second join period. At the end of the 30 seconds you will NOT be able to join, and therefor you will not get your qualifying time. The system will give everyone without a qualifying time a 60 minutes time and I am unsure how I will handle multiple racers with 60 minute times, but it won't be in anyone's best interest to do this. Also if you show up to a race late, (after the first Qualifying Session starts), you may or may not get into Qualifying Session 2.

Quick Example:

Session 1:
Racer1 - 1:00.00
Racer2 - 1:01.00
Racer3 - 1:01.02
Racer4 - 1:02.00
Racer5 - 1:05.00

Session 2:
Racer6 - 1:01.50
Racer7 - 1:03.00
Racer8 - 1:04.00
Racer9 - 1:10.00

The final qualifying results will be:
Racer1 - 1:00.00
Racer2 - 1:01.00
Racer3 - 1:01.02
Racer6 - 1:01.50
Racer4 - 1:02.00
Racer7 - 1:03.00
Racer8 - 1:04.00
Racer5 - 1:05.00
Racer9 - 1:10.00

First Name: Ariel
Last Name: Hartung
Username: haiel-HUN-
Team Name: GET

Racing Experience: H2H, LFSCAR 360, LFSCAR Stormcup, CTRA, CTRA SS
First Name: Kenneth
Last Name: O'Keefe
Username: racer hero
Team Name: Rising Phoenix Motorsports (www.rp-motorsports.net)

Racing Experience: IGTC 2007, 6/8 races. IGTC 2008 Round 1 with TDRT and Round 3 with Rising Phoenix. Also have raced in Storm Cup Round 1 and 2, getting ready for round 4.
Other unique / interesting facts:
-I currently hold 6 world records.
-9th place in standings in Storm Cup. One race driven by a substitute.

Thanks,
Kenneth
#48 - AMB
First Name: Matthew
Last Name: Beattie
Username: AMB
Team Name: spdo

Racing Experience: IGTC, GTReMix, UK eTM
Other unique / interesting facts: Wheel user, Started playing LFS November 2007
Hello guys, I've been talking to Blackbird and we decided to change ONE thing about the points system.

Currently we have, without considering bonuses, 50 points for winner, 40 for second, 38 for third, 34 for fourth etc. That's because you receive 10 points for reaching the finals plus 10 for winning it, but nothing for losing it. Since we have points for everyone that gets eliminated in any round (to avoid draws), we think it's fair to give a small amout of points to the second place. Precisely 4.

That way the points are 50, 44, 38, 34... For more detailed information take a look at the rules section at our website.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG