The online racing simulator
Le Mans 2008 *** SPOILERS ***
(222 posts, started )
Quote from bbman :Apart from Klien's beaching the car in a gravel trap, both drivers were VERY quick, and certainly not bad like you want to make it out...

Typical case of you blabbering without having any clue whatsoever... Can't you return under the rock you've been the last months? It was so peaceful...

Take pride in your nationality?
Nah, just his inane comments everywhere since he's back, I would've said the same about Villeneuve...
Quote from BlueFlame :when you are stuck with inexperienced drivers like Kristian Klien and F1 TestDrivers like Alex Wurz, you know it's gonna be tough,

I would not call Alex Wurz inexperienced. He won at le mans with Joest Porsche in 1996 and raced the mercedes GTR car in 1997.

However, I agree some of the drivers in the line up are not of the endurance racing breed.
intentionally so since the peugeot like all modern lmps is very similar to a formula chassis with more aero bits bolted to it
Quote from Joris :I would not call Alex Wurz inexperienced. He won at le mans with Joest Porsche in 1996 and raced the mercedes GTR car in 1997.

However, I agree some of the drivers in the line up are not of the endurance racing breed.

Montagny and Sarrazin are both Le Mans veterans too. Peugeot had the right driver line-up. Their car let them down - fast over a single lap, but can't last the distance.
Quote from BlueFlame :It's been 2 years now, the first year the Peugeot HDI "FAP" (lol) was racing...

Glad to see I'm not the only one immature enough to laugh at that!
Do Team Essex have anything to do with the English county of Essex??
Quote from samjh :Montagny and Sarrazin are both Le Mans veterans too. Peugeot had the right driver line-up. Their car let them down - fast over a single lap, but can't last the distance.

Sarrazin and Montangny were solid indeed but I did expect more from Villeneuve. Especially in terms of pace.

I think the car did pretty well for a Peugeot. They usually do not come as reliable as this.
Quote from MR_B :Do Team Essex have anything to do with the English county of Essex??

It's actually a danish team sponsored by the danish concern Essex.
Quote from BlueFlame :The Peugeot has 100more bhp, and the car has been developed, INTO the ACO regulations, the R10 was created a few years before the Peugeot, so Peugeot already had the advantage.

Few years = 2 years. And not much has changed since 2006 in the regs...

Quote from samjh :Montagny and Sarrazin are both Le Mans veterans too. Peugeot had the right driver line-up. Their car let them down - fast over a single lap, but can't last the distance.

Couldn't stand the weather...
By the way, Dome clocked 358 km/h

It's supposedly official because its on the ACO site, altough in only in the French version (thus this google translation).

edit: there are some reports that ACO's trap speeds are fubar
bah slow... i want the hunaudieres back in its original state that makes 400+ possible
Quote from bbman :Apart from Klien's beaching the car in a gravel trap, both drivers were VERY quick, and certainly not bad like you want to make it out...

Typical case of you blabbering without having any clue whatsoever... Can't you return under the rock you've been the last months? It was so peaceful...

I really don't care what you wish to opinionise on, but I am rather glad someone noticed I HAD been gone. I did not say the Peugeot drivers were not quick, I just said they crashed and made errors alot. Which they did. Not so Inane now.
Quote from deggis :Few years = 2 years. And not much has changed since 2006 in the regs...

The Peugeot is already a closed roof prototype, ready for next years rules (i think it's next year) So, it just goes to show what can happen, if you are planning ahead, and for 100 more hp, I think there should be more of a time advantage for the Peugeot.. Don't understand how they lost
my understanding is that they are throwing away the forced closed cockpit car idea now.
Quote from BenjiMC :my understanding is that they are throwing away the forced closed cockpit car idea now.

yup.
Why can't they just make up their damn minds? This is getting stupid.
"Only coupes" idea was probably dropped long time ago. Apparently Audi said nay. But the LMP1 "Evo" plan still exists.
how come they scrapped the coupe plan? will they still be allowed are will they have to go back to open cockpit
Both will be allowed. Best way to go imho. More variety. Altough "P1 = Coupe, P2 = open" would have been nice in a way too, at least would have been a clear difference between the classes.

What the LMP1 Evo will specifically be, will be cleared in Novemember when ACO publishes regs, but all current cars will be legal into 2010.
Quote from BenjiMC :I predict the peugot to lead for say 12 hours then the audi to run pretty much near bullet proof and take the win. Also Aston will pwn vette nuff said. In GT2 its gonna go to the ferraris i think. Although porsche are putting in a LOT for this year of le mans so look out for the factory team. LMP2 is gonna go to the porsches. There is simply just nothing comparable to them, even with the ACOs attempts to slow them down they still frequently beat some of the LMP1 cars. Although i dont expect that to happen on a track like le mans with the long straights.

omg are you a sicik
Quote from BenjiMC :I predict the peugot to lead for say 12 hours then the audi to run pretty much near bullet proof and take the win. Also Aston will pwn vette nuff said. In GT2 its gonna go to the ferraris i think. Although porsche are putting in a LOT for this year of le mans so look out for the factory team. LMP2 is gonna go to the porsches. There is simply just nothing comparable to them, even with the ACOs attempts to slow them down they still frequently beat some of the LMP1 cars. Although i dont expect that to happen on a track like le mans with the long straights.

Wow. This bears repeating; Ben is sick with the prediction. Very well thought out, and incredibly accurate!
xd, Did i say that? damn... I should of placed bets!

Le Mans 2008 *** SPOILERS ***
(222 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG