The online racing simulator
LFS Intro
(32 posts, started )
LFS Intro
here's my latest movie, an intro to LFS, featuring all cars and tracks of lfs more or less often. it's mean't to make want to you play S2 - or buy S2 if you didn't do that already

I'd be glad about praise and critics, both here in the forum and on youtube

HQ version (73.9 mb, 848x480)
liveforspeed.se direct download! thanks to FEL
uploaded.to

MQ version (35.7 mb, 720x408)
liveforspeed.se ddl!
uploaded.to
Zippyshare (please don't use the stream which appears but the dl-link right beneath it)

Stream
YouTube not too great quality :P
Nicely done! Altough the FPS seems to be low at times (XRR@FE clip, ~00:54). I like that you covered all of the S2 vehicles. Great footage, too.

Too bad there's no engine sounds though. The music reminds me of Battlefield 1942.
Yarhg, shiwer me timbers and a bottle of rom . Raise the PIE flag and set sail.

Loved the footage lots of torsdagsrace action in there.
#4 - ergin
Well Done Jens. Really Nice Video, again!

Pirates Of the Caribbean

HARHARHAR!
from jensO?
Straight download to HQ, not even touching streaming
Great to see some footage from TR. And also it's always fun to see yourself in a vid made by others. (I'm the XFG with the yellow renault skin at 00.12, that race went straight to hell for me btw, lol.) Only "negative" thing I have to say about the vid is that it's a bit short, although there's alot of action packed into it so that makes up for it, me thinks. ;o

Good work. :]
well, hate to burst the "whoopie what a movie" bubble, but here goes.
it's average

1. The music is quite over used, and you didn't do it justice (Video clearly isn't as good as the music)

2. Pretty average camera work, nothing done to increase the intensity of the video.

3. No special effects what so ever, combined with no color filters, and pretty regular cameras made me feel like I'm watching a regular replay using shift + U.

Conclusion : Sorry mate, good attempt, but only 6.5/10 from me...which isn't bad, it's just average

to everybody who hasn't seen it yet - if you're a "raw footage, racing action" fan - go for it, it's not bad...
thanks for the comments so far

Quote from felplacerad :Too bad there's no engine sounds though.

ye I prefer the game-sounds too, but when not capturing in realtime I'm not really able to manage dubbing the sound :\

Quote from Stigpt :from jensO?
Straight download to HQ, not even touching streaming

stop it, you make me blush

Quote from [SWE]RE :it's a bit short

yep when watching it is, but I've run out of ideas and material, so I just left it this short and called it "intro", imo it's in the intro's nature to be shorter than you like

Quote from squidhead :
1. The music is quite over used, and you didn't do it justice (Video clearly isn't as good as the music)

2. Pretty average camera work, nothing done to increase the intensity of the video.

3. No special effects what so ever, combined with no color filters, and pretty regular cameras made me feel like I'm watching a regular replay using shift + U.

4. you're a drifter
I don't complain about the content of your comment but I'd like comments to show that their just some person's view, this sounds like "the judgement has been made, amen."
Quote from Jens O. :4. you're a drifter

And you're a German, so what?

If you must know, Im a movie maker, not a drifter, and not a racer
if you think that me spending time on drift servers in the past makes me bash every "non drift video" then think again, since I loved Lynces' racing videos...
if that's not enough and you just wanted to bring it up to make you feel better since "drifters aren't people and racers don't have to take criticism from them" then you're a RACEist.

My comment was clear
do note that I have made my points by telling that you couldn't do the music justice, you didn't choose original music, you didn't do good with the camera work, you didn't do anything to make the movie look better than "average".
and never I said "the action is bad since it's racing"

and to conclude, you got one point right :

Quote :"the judgement has been made, amen."

yes it has, and it is : you had all you need to make an exceptional movie (experience, footage, software) and you haven't with no apparent explanation why
well don't take my drifter-comment too serious, it's just your video(s?) I saw were about drifting and on my last vid you commented "solid 8/10 from me since Im not racer, if I was - 9/10" which made me think you're a drifter.

Quote from squidhead :you couldn't do the music justice, you didn't choose original music, you didn't do good with the camera work, you didn't do anything to make the movie look better than "average".

put an "in my opinion..." in front and I'd be perfectly fine, that was my second point... let's not start a war about drifting, racing or bad videos now since that would be OT and not what I wanted to score.

Amen.
Quote from Jens O. :well don't take my drifter-comment too serious, it's just your video(s?) I saw were about drifting and on my last vid you commented "solid 8/10 from me since Im not racer, if I was - 9/10" which made me think you're a drifter.

put an "in my opinion..." in front and I'd be perfectly fine, that was my second point... let's not start a war about drifting, racing or bad videos now since that would be OT and not what I wanted to score.

Amen.

dont annoy the squidhead, last time i did i was almost put in a banana suit and set on fire...

but i do agree with you, it is his opinion, not 'what i say is fact'

IN MY OPINOIN, i think its a good movie, showing all the cars in lfs =]
I loved it - but I hate you. I wanted to do a movie with that song, now I cant.
I wanted to do a movie with "requiem for a dream", you also broke that

I liked it, and for comparison, I dont like squid's movies
I like more of the "racing action movies", not the "special effects movies cause we can" movies.
Squids are even worse for me - the storytelling movies.
For example, I usually nod off during lynce's movies, but this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAvj0iY1Zig
Is bookmarked, is on my PDA, and is watched all the time.

This is not to say they are bad - lynce's are easily the BEST movies I have EVER seen in ANY game.. but I dont like the... lets say ...script.
I prefer the "Wow" moments - then again, Im a racer, not a moviemaker, so I like racing, not moviemaking
Summing it up, I prefer the content, not the skill in the making of. (though obviously both are important, its a matter of priority).

I have spoken.
Quote from Stigpt :I loved it - but I hate you. I wanted to do a movie with that song, now I cant.
I wanted to do a movie with "requiem for a dream", you also broke that

tell me what other songs you got on your mind, so I don't need to think about a song for my next video
no seriously, I don't mind if someone uses a song I already used. I've spotted several videos in which "requiem for a dream" is played lately, but that's okay since I am not the owner of those songs. maybe it has even been used before my Impressions-video and I only did not know about it, who knows

Quote :I like more of the "racing action movies", not the "special effects movies cause we can" movies.

I totally agree on that, and that also makes me know that not everybody has to love my videos. I'm not too skilled using the software, I (mostly) just want to share the good racing I had or in this case I wanted to make an into.
Ok.. a classic look...classic cameras...classic racing.
Some low fps, but nice to watch, altough one filter or something to give it a different look, wouldn't kill anyone.
Quote from Stigpt :I have spoken.

And you spoke very well, I agree 100%.

Except that I like "Just Racing" just a little bit better than "why I play".

Both videos actually give me goosebumps.
Lots of pirates in there. Nice vid Jens!
Ahar, me harties. That brought back memories of my pirates of Fern Bay video, although there weren't any pirates in this one. But hey, a pretty good video if a little short and random.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxh-8KBr_A
Quote from felplacerad :There - Took the liberty of correcting your spelling!

Heh? Don't modify my post in your quote! :chairs:
8.5 / 10,

First of all i liked the camera views, all very realistic and not too overdriven. Then i would have wished a bit more effects, its all just lfs recorded stuff. But all in all a quite nice movie.

Worth to be the LFS Intro
#21 - [d9]
horrible! (sweet dreams)
Quote from FOX 1977 :Ok.. a classic look...classic cameras...classic racing.
Some low fps, but nice to watch, altough one filter or something to give it a different look, wouldn't kill anyone.

Same opinion here . 7/10
Well done, I really like the onboard cameras on the single-seaters! FPS could be higher, though.. And effects? I don't care about them if content itself is interesting.
Quote from squidhead :And you're a German, so what?

If you must know, Im a movie maker, not a drifter, and not a racer

then what are you doing in LFS? If you aren't a racer or a drifter I see no purpose for you in LFS
Quote from mookie427 :then what are you doing in LFS? If you aren't a racer or a drifter I see no purpose for you in LFS

To answer your stupid question - Reading is what differs us from the animals. If you were trained in that rare and complicated art you would notice the words "movie" and "maker" and then, you could link them to find out the heavily guarded secret Im about to reveal to you.

I make... shhhh... don't tell anyone.... movies.... in LFS... can you keep a secret? I also edit videos of real life people and buildings and cars... but to get paid you can't edit how you want to.....that's why I make LFS movies, since it's camera controlls rock... Just don't tell anyone

If that was hard for you to think of on your own, then you found a perfect team, it's name suits you. Now tell me... what's YOUR purpose in LFS?

LFS Intro
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG