The online racing simulator
Brake pedal doesn't affect brake lights
(22 posts, started )
As you can see in the following screenshot, while in the UF1 I pressed the brake pedal just a little bit, but the brake lights didn't come on. If I pressed it a little more the lights do come on. IIRC this problem has always existed and i think it's about time it gets fixed.
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
#2 - Jakg
Are you sure it's not a dead-zone issue (i.e. when the pedal press is not being registered).
In my options it says "Remove deadzones: yes" so I assume that this is not the problem. Btw, the pedal press is being registered, the car does stop, but the brake lights simply do not turn on.
#4 - Jakg
A replay really would help here...
I dunno what's so hard to understand...I was pushing very little on the brake pedal as shown in the screenshot. The red bar was very low, and the brake lights weren't on. That's all there is to it. If I press the brake a bit more the brake lights turn on, but they should turn on a lot earlier.
I have G25 pedals and when I step on brake pedal very little, the lights wil turn on...
In real life there is a switch somewhere between the brake pedal and the main cylinder. You touch the brake and from a certain point your brake lights are being switched on. In the old Mini I could brake fairly hard (compared to your screenie) until the switch was shut and the lights turned on.
So please keep calm, and if you've got no RL experience don't tell us that something needs a fix.

greetz

der butz

Edit: PLUS you've got nd4spd on your plate... REMOVE THAT FFS! XD
der Butz is right - this is just like real life, and isn't a bug. Perfectly possible to use the brakes without the lights coming on - how do you think race drivers (of cars with brake lights) brake test each other?
Quote from Jakg :Are you sure it's not a dead-zone issue (i.e. when the pedal press is not being registered).

You can see the red thing on the right which indicates braking.
Well I don't know anything about race car drivers, and a mini is certainly not a race car, but in my car the brake lights come on as soon as the pedal is pressed and before braking takes effect. And don't bash the nd4spd license plate, I've never been a fan of that series of games, I simply like the effect it gives.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :(...)and a mini is certainly not a race car(...)

i dont agree, just 1 example: mini won monte carlo rally in the past:bananadea
In most cars I've driven and every car I've worked on the brake lights come on before the brakes take effect, the only way to slow down without the lights coming on is to pull the parking brake. This is so that you can't slow down unexpectedly and have someone rear end you.

People sometimes left foot brake and rest there foot lightly on the brake pedal when not braking, so there lights are always on even though the car isn't slowing down. And they arn't draging the brakes.
Perhaps it's another one of those "stupid people protectors" that are prevailent over the pond?
Quote from tristancliffe :Perhaps it's another one of those "stupid people protectors" that are prevailent over the pond?

your probably right. If we didn't have immediate brake lights, the roads would be one huge fender bender.
Ahhhhh, it's phrases like "fender bender" that make us Brits want to pick you all up and give you a cuddle... Sooo cute in it's strangeness
Quote from tristancliffe :Ahhhhh, it's phrases like "fender bender" that make us Brits want to pick you all up and give you a cuddle... Sooo cute in it's strangeness

We'll, we are adorable. And EXTRA cuddley from all that McDonalds.
Quote from DragonCommando :In most cars I've driven and every car I've worked on the brake lights come on before the brakes take effect, the only way to slow down without the lights coming on is to pull the parking brake. This is so that you can't slow down unexpectedly and have someone rear end you.

People sometimes left foot brake and rest there foot lightly on the brake pedal when not braking, so there lights are always on even though the car isn't slowing down. And they arn't draging the brakes.

You do realise that 90% of cars allow for adjustment of the brake light switch? There's not really a definitive right / wrong value (at least not until you reach the permanently on / off ones).

As for 'only way to slow down without the lights coming on is use the parking brake'.. WTF are you on!? Far easier to go down through the gears and certainly won't illuminate the brake lights.

Looks more like a control config issue.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :As you can see in the following screenshot, while in the UF1 I pressed the brake pedal just a little bit, but the brake lights didn't come on. If I pressed it a little more the lights do come on. IIRC this problem has always existed and i think it's about time it gets fixed.

bosche made parts.... every since they started on alfas there products have been getting worse....

my advice: cry and moan till a mod locks your thread... or get a more responsive set-up....
Noticed myself, very little pressure, it shows the pedal as braking in a red bar, but doesent turn light on, i hate it cause i cant freak out the guy behind me by activating brake light in his face :P
Brake light turn on when brake pedal is about 10% pressed.
On every real car brake light turns little after car really start braking, which seems pretty normal to me, so for me its more like addon

I recorded replay where you can see that its really true that what shiny_red_cobra said
Attached files
brake light.spr - 4.9 KB - 366 views
I do think this needs fixed. Its so annoying that's when just slowing down a bit in LFS the lights never come on. But about the American car thing that's not really true,my VW golf light comes on before any slowing down happens so its not something they add in for the yanks
I run some tests about brake light on my car. Lifted my front wheels, spined them to ~100 kmph ( in 1 second ), and then gently braking. Its easly noticable that it start braking before brake light turns on.
I often use 580 Nm brakes on XFG, 10% of that is 58 Nm. I bet you can't even notice braking.

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG