The online racing simulator
Update 09.06.2008

I gave up idea of High-quality preview..takes too much time, best preview for You will always be testing my sounds on your sound system Engine sounds... i will post them later maybe
Thanks for your work friend
Excuse my ignorance but, as there is no readme, what are we supposing to do with the Real Skid folder ?
Quote from josepmaria :Thanks for your work friend
Excuse my ignorance but, as there is no readme, what are we supposing to do with the Real Skid folder ?

sorry i forgot to remove this
Karl, ur sounds are getting better and better testing new sounds now!
They are great, if u want a tester for next version PM me!!
Update in optional downloads
-engine sounds for S1 cars to use with my soundpack
-skid sand and skid dirt by Gills4life tweaked for my soundpack, and louder skid major, minor and light
Enjoy and please comment it
Regards
Karol Andrzej Karolczyk
Quote from Karl Morytz :Update in optional downloads
-engine sounds for S1 cars to use with my soundpack
-skid sand and skid dirt by Gills4life tweaked for my soundpack, and louder skid major, minor and light
Enjoy and please comment it
Regards
Karol Andrzej Karolczyk

What's there to comment, they're just brilliant
Damn I like that tyre sound. Drifting and racing is definitely better now.
-
(Karl Morytz) DELETED by Karl Morytz : self-advertising
-
(Karl Morytz) DELETED by Karl Morytz : Cleaning...
wow this seems interesting, funny to see how this thread fills like a bitch while my soundpack seems totally neglected. Anyway, i'll check these out for sure. Maybe we should team up together :P

[edit]

hmzz, they seem a bit low on quality though, and they tend to annoy me. I think it has no connection with the car or something, like you hear a sound that has nothing to do with the car you actually drive.

But anyway, improving or changing sound is something really fun to do! So keep fiddling around!

We actually need some high-grade mic and record these sounds ourselves with the mic connected to the car itself. It's wrong to record sounds from a standing position while the car moves around that person. But I know how hard it is to find something decent on the internet. I don't blame you for using these youtube sounds, it seemed like a pretty good idea. What seems quite hard is to get rid of the engine sound. We should use an elektric car that's doing some long steady drifts.

I also use sound in a different way in LFS, since i got a very decent self-build soundsystem i balanced everything differently and made things much less loud so there is more room for dynamics. In my opinion sound may not ever collapse on it's own weight so to speak. keeping control of situations where lot's of sound needs to be mixed. It's not only your own car you hear. But the problem is almost no-one likes sound this way. People really like distortion and overpowered speakers with bass turned to the max. You hear it all the time everywhere. Seems like most ears are so damaged already they can't hear the difference anymore. If you want loud sound, get a decent AMP which can deliver enough power. Someone ever tested LFS on a tube-amplifier? Could be that natural distortion of tubes can make LFS sound really nice. But anyway im going too far again, i need to accept it's not a thing the majority of people would use on their PC's, so definitely the over-exaggerated sound is what most are after.
Quote from BruTaLysT :

Great comment and i agree most of it
Just a few things: I did not used ANY samples from added video odf skidding car its just an example;P
did U use settings i recomend, and followed install instructions?
Sound sample is very lo-fi I agree, but they are not from youtube they are from here and its redone by me truth is, that i need something better ...

... i think i just clen up my thread and post new complete version here, too much mess with installing and downloading
Great sounds !!!

But I don't understand your hint:

"when online, u may want to turn down your engine sound a bit ~25% (~ 0.6 instead of 0.8) using shift+a so all other sounds are louder, and other cars can be heard from greater distanc"

by pressing "shift+a" I can't read exactly "engine sound", what do you mean?
There is no option which has the value "0.8"...

THX
Quote from Zimmi :Great sounds !!!

by pressing "shift+a" I can't read exactly "engine sound", what do you mean?
There is no option which has the value "0.8"...

THX

I mean exhaust volume. Values I gave are just egzemples.
Sorry for confusing You.
-
Even more work (Karl Morytz) DELETED by Karl Morytz
-
(Karl Morytz) DELETED by Karl Morytz : cleaning...
Kool sounds bro. Keep up da Gud work
Nice sounding noise. Will download, give a try

Edit: Wow nice sound man loving it, So real now :P
-
Real Life Sounds Complete Pack v1.2 Full Install (Jamesisinthehouse12) DELETED by Jamesisinthehouse12
Using your sounds since you released them. They are great, thanks mate!
-
(Karl Morytz) DELETED by Karl Morytz : cleaning
-
(Jamesisinthehouse12) DELETED by Jamesisinthehouse12
nice sounds..

really like your loud skid sounds
I can't believe I've been using LFS without these...

...absolutely incredible. My friend put it perfectly: A lot more depth to the sounds. It actually sounds like a REAL car.
Really awsome sounds !
I've been using these for some time now, and i have to say they are amazing. Absolutely great job man.
Good stuff
Tire squeal is much more realistic along with the contact sound (wall hit). The 'thud' sound is a nice realistic patch for the original which sounds kind of clunky and low-fidelity.
Thank You very much for such a good comments. It is a best and only reward i can get from You
I think you did an awesome job and its the most realistic skid sounds so far.
-
(Karl Morytz) DELETED by Karl Morytz
Just downloaded the skid sounds right now, haven't tried them yet but thank you for providing the skids.
A big bump for great skid and collision sounds
-
(Karl Morytz) DELETED by Karl Morytz
bump!
Quote from Karl Morytz :bump!

im sure that anyone that wants the sounds can find them without you bumping the thread

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG