The online racing simulator
FramesPerSecond
(67 posts, started )
Quote from lei1634 :DHRammstein- that was my mustang..I sold it. Im in the process of saving for my 08GT500..but My friends dad has 5! count it 5 shelby mustangs in his garage. Including Eleanor. and my other friend has a 800hp 04 Cobra..there is a few others around but they dont compare to these..Im still a part of the mustang club of America..i just have to wait till i can get a used one for a decent price.

Nice car, yeah, I'm selling mine too. But for good reason, I'm picking up a '04 Cobra this summer, takin my time, wanna get one real mint. My only plans are a kenne bell whipple, not sure what size, probably a 600rwhp conservative setup and tune, and a few other minor things. They're a real blast, especially with a really good suspension and brakes, which will be one of the first to get done. I love straight line power, but I want a mustang that can take the corners and brake, I guess I'm more of a corner burner than a typical mustang owner. Although, I love drag racing, spend a lot of time at my local tracks. Right now I'm driving my VR6, but I don't drag race it, it's setup for corner burning, would be a dog at a drag strip, lucky high 13's.

Wow I can't believe the cars you listed! 5 of them, including Eleanor, that's just, heh, incredible! Is he a collector? Wow, he could have had 2 of them, and a Ford GT!!!

Yeah I love the '03/'04 Cobra's sooo much, everything about the car, the supercharger whine, the ability to make insane power with a few modds and a nice tune! Totally badass cars. I kind of prefer the model I'm looking for over the Shelby's, but only because of how heavy they are. My buddie's father just bought one six months ago, he let me take it for a spin, only a few miles, but how excited, switched off the traction control, had it sideways through third! It seriously fealt like 0-60 in around 4.5. The reg GT Limited I'm selling could bang out about a 5.1 0-60, and that car fealt much quicker. My only complains were the weight, and the live axle. The terminators are IRS, and factory whipple, "I'm sold!!!!!"

Have you had the chance to whip around the Eleanor treat?? What an absolutley sick car, in every way.

Apologies for the temporary hijack, if I did.

Lei1634, hit me back, if not on here, PM. It would be dope if you're local, we have a nice club down here, very much open to muscle, imports of all kinds, and everyone's respectful, and know their place, for example, we don't have kids with stock honda's talkin shit on Cobra's
Quote from slen :Back in the Quake days.... the more FPS you had the further you could jump.

Very true, but I actually think the issue was people were able to jump higher, although, if they could jump higher, then they could likely jump further as well so, it was an issue, although I'm not sure if the bug made it's way into W:ET. I think with the Doom3 engine they finally got rid of the bug, capping the FPS at 60, although it actually runs at closer to 63 with a very high end machine. I believe this bug no longer exists in Quake4(Capped same as Doom 3, @ 60FPS) and ET:QW, where it's capped at 30fps out of the box, and although it can be unlocked, server side prevents any advantage. It seems no matter how far you set your FPS (mine is locked at 90) it makes no difference, likely because the servers run at 30fps/30hz.
You lucky fellows, on good scenarios i get 20-30 fps (on my own!) on this pc, and online round 10. (20ais undriveable)
laptop gives up to 60 when driving alone, round 10 with much ais
ok now me

my laptop can do ~80 while spectating (sometimes)
max is 55 while driving with few cars in view
average is ~25 i think
on the grid i get ~15
and sometimes i suddenly get 8 FPS
and when my laptop is very hot, it can even reach 4.1 FPS

*all this is with all settings on very very very very very low, screen resolution 640x480 16bit 60Hz NICE

normally i played at 1024x800, but last days its going bad with my laptop
well, i limited my FPS to 60, and i never had less, everything high, 6x AA 18x AF, full grid..
Quote from G!NhO :ok now me

my laptop can do ~80 while spectating (sometimes)
max is 55 while driving with few cars in view
average is ~25 i think
on the grid i get ~15
and sometimes i suddenly get 8 FPS
and when my laptop is very hot, it can even reach 4.1 FPS

*all this is with all settings on very very very very very low, screen resolution 640x480 16bit 60Hz NICE

normally i played at 1024x800, but last days its going bad with my laptop

Try to keep the laptop cooler, the heat can cause the computer to throttle down, which is what causes the major drop in FPS. I bought a little foldable plastic thing, it had grooves across it, dropped the cpu 5*c, you can even get one's with one or two fans, they plus into your USB port, and they have a backward jack, so even tho it's using the USB port, the back of the plus has a female on it, so you're not wasting the slot.

Anyways heat is probably your major FPS drop, but it sounds like your CPU is too weak, with the lowest settings it's pretty much on the CPU to get it done, kindof an annoying upgrade, and expensive, for a laptop. Now days you can find laptops for 3-400$ with X2 AMD's, a gig of DDR2 and onboard video that will actually run the game.
Full graphics, high res pack, and get 90 all the time ??

Mick
Quote from DHRammstein :Try to keep the laptop cooler, the heat can cause the computer to throttle down, which is what causes the major drop in FPS. I bought a little foldable plastic thing, it had grooves across it, dropped the cpu 5*c, you can even get one's with one or two fans, they plus into your USB port, and they have a backward jack, so even tho it's using the USB port, the back of the plus has a female on it, so you're not wasting the slot.

Anyways heat is probably your major FPS drop, but it sounds like your CPU is too weak, with the lowest settings it's pretty much on the CPU to get it done, kindof an annoying upgrade, and expensive, for a laptop. Now days you can find laptops for 3-400$ with X2 AMD's, a gig of DDR2 and onboard video that will actually run the game.

well i have an Acer Aspire 5633WLMi
Intel Centrino Duo T5500 1,66Ghz
Intel GMA 945 chipset 224Mb shared
1GB RAM

but i ordered a new pc that will run lfs just fine, getting it this week(i hope)
i pulled outta the pits today with the new patch, 1400x900, all options maxed and front view (just the wheels) I was pullin 500fps. It was crazy. Chase veiw was at 330 but then with a full grid at start was 40ish. Such a dramatic difference.

q6600 @2.4
8800gts 320MB
4GB ram (dont recall the speed...ddr2)
vista premium
That's odd, the only thing I get like that is when I have FRAPS open and at the title screen I get over 900fps lol
Quote from DHRammstein :That's odd, the only thing I get like that is when I have FRAPS open and at the title screen I get over 900fps lol

and i have 90
I skip between 40fps 100fps 200fps 300fps and 400fps.
Quote from G!NhO :and i have 90

Really? You should be able to get it into the hundreds if when you play you get 90fps, which is fairly good, about average.

--------

Quote from Luke.S :I skip between 40fps 100fps 200fps 300fps and 400fps.

Can you explain?

Random question, is there a cap(not that this matters at all) to the LFS graphics engine, or if you had the power, could you actually hit like 500-1000 fps? I've never broken 1000fps on anything except certain load screens, but still not 1000, always near it, cause I guess it's only rendering a jpeg. I know with 3dmark 2001SE, the oldest one, on certain tests I hit 7-900 but never 1k, is it possible, I guess my question is.
#39 - Jakg
Theres a cap of 333 FPS in one view, 500 FPS in another view and 1000 FPS in Heli-View. You can't get higher.

I did post screenies on the forum about that once, but I can't rememeber where they were (and taking a screenshot of 1000 FPS actually took some FPS away due to load so the screenshot only shew 990 FPS). Haven't tried the same experiment with my new PC yet.
Have 333.3 on my desktop pc (16xAA 16xAF), and only 60fps on laptop.

In full grid, laptop is 30 fps, desktop - around 120.
Quote from DHRammstein :
Can you explain?

If i'm on a busy server in traffic it will drop to 40fps if i'm in a not very busy server in traffic i get 100fps. If i'm in a busy server miles away from trafic i get around 200fps. If i leave my car parked at a certain spot on fernbay i get around 300fps and i get 400fps if i park my car facing a wall and look at the wall on single player.
i had 33 FPS in main menu screen
I uncapped mine the other day and was getting about 140fps solo. I've not checked what it's like on a full start grid since the Z changes.

But I run mine capped at 100 anyway, so it sits there. I use a flat monitor anyway, so it's probably pointless having it any higher than about 60. Maybe I should lower the cap and see if I get any improvements on full grids.
Yeah the graphics and physics are on seperate threads I beleive, so more fps = no advantage. Unlocked fps, online or off, doesn't seem to make a difference for me. I had it maxed 8xaa/16xaf@1680x1050 and it's always around 80-200~, the only time I've hit 333 is with the aa/af off.
Just gone to 3 monitors and a softh setup

I am getting 45-60 fps AAX4 AFx16

resolution is 5040x1050

8800gtx stock
2.4 c2d at 3.2
I run a 3.2ghz P4 prescott HT and an ATI Radeon HD2600 and I get a caped and stable 60fps ALL the time, no matter whats on screen.

And this is at 1280x1024 with 4xAA and 8xAF with all the high res packs installed.
Now that I installed my 9800GTX+ 1GB OC and replaced my 3GB of 667mhz ram with 4GB 800mhz ram, my frame rates have doubled. Regular racing, it sits just under 300, in other views well above that. These video cards are no joke, I've never been happier with an upgrade, and I'm glad I waited, the prices are great. - Settings: 1680x1050, 8Xaa, 16Xaf.
Quote from Jakg :coulda sworn NTSC was 29.97 FPS and PAL was near that. Ooops.

I thought the interlacing WAS the blurring?

You always find a way to start an arguement...and usually end up failing hardcore at it
Actually I heard the exact same thing as Jakg, and would have said the same thing. It must be a misconception, and a common one.

FramesPerSecond
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG