The online racing simulator
#26 - aoun
I like this idea alot. +1.

Would be awesome to have proper bump/jump racing. Bumps and nudges etc, without the crashing and bullshit noobs cause.

But don't forget, only about 40 people in the whole LFS community have Red Licenses. If there is only 10-15 people max in the WHOLE LFS community, how many would be in the 2nd server?

Then you could say, ok, blue roof. But at the same time, blue roof is easy to get to (not for me im still on yellow roof lol :razz, but there still may be crashers or people who don't understand the way BNJ is ment to be.

Hard to sort out something good and effective here IMO. I think when more people have Red licenses, then open up a 2nd server.

And where are the UF1's in all of this?
Blue roof is WAY too easy to obtain. And yes, a fraction of CTRA racers uses BnJ, but I guess the reason for this is that they can't stand the aweful quality they get on BnJ-server. If there would be "a better" server, maybe they have more motivation to obtain that red roof -license..?

Same goes to CTRA Race. Compare Race 1 and Race 2. Notice anything between them (Well, I don't, because I don't have access to Race 2, but that's not the point)? Sure. All those who doesn't meet certain criteria are not allowed to join and race among "better drivers". This is because these "better drivers" wants to have quality races with talented drivers. As do I in BnJ.

I can see daily good drivers on BnJ. For example ihmelapsi, johnboy, dan12s, pepemola, töki, etc etc. I have lots of fun with them. Probably 25% of the BnJ traffic is caused by these "active users". That means that if there would be BnJ 2 -server, it wouldn't be empty.

And take a look to Single-Seater 3. How many has international B or A -license? Not many.

Edit: I guess UF1 isn't on BnJ because now it uses 100% S1-material
#28 - aoun
Proved me wrong, i agree with you . Your probably one of the only clean drivers I find on BNJ, would be good to see more in a new server.
Let's clone Gekkibi!
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Let's clone Gekkibi!

Bad idea. Imagine a situation that Gekkibi #14 hits the Gekkibi #19 and #19 thinks it was a malicious act. He gets angry and says something to #14. He gets angry and says something to #19. He pisses off and says even more to #14. He pisses off and says even more to #19. Now #19 starts to flame really badly to #14. Then #14 starts to flame really badly to #19. Then the original Gekkibi, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #15, #16, #17, #18 and #20 all says at the same time "FFS watch the report and accuse afterwards!". Because all these said it at the same time, whole server gets disconnected.
Layouts for something like GTR and Formulas? Would be cool, willing to go for red roof also soon.
I would prefer if they stick to the S1-material on BnJ-server. However, if there is going to be another BnJ-server, it could use S2-material. I would love to use UF1, UFR and XFR on BnJ (Probably not other GTR-cars and defenitely not S-S's! )
#33 - aoun
Yes i dont understand why there is no UF1
MRTs at Champagne would be fun :-) or Tulip Rose... (not sure I have the name right)
Quote from JohnnyFX :MRTs at Champagne would be fun :-) or Tulip Rose... (not sure I have the name right)

Oh no it wouldn't without a broom or over-sized leg to help you get to back on track, because it doesn't have reverse.
Quote from JohnnyFX :MRTs at Champagne would be fun :-) or Tulip Rose... (not sure I have the name right)

yeah sounds good BUT it is very easy to crash straight into the wall and then you havent got any reverse so it would be harder to get round there oh and it is tudor rose i think
One problem in BnJ is the T1 mayhem. Every time it happens, I save a replay. If I am lucky, there is someone (Only one) who to blame. Unfortunately, that have never happened. Should I report half the racers?

That is one we can't change with rules. The problem is the driver itself, and his attitude "I shall overtake em all in T1".
Hey guys take a look at BnJ server right now. First time I see BnJ server full.... Maybe it's time to think more about getting another server soon .
I have seen it full multiple times (Okay, not daily, but multiple days per week). Usually around these times.

Did you finished the race? Or were there terrible T1 mayhem? :rolleyes:
nice i will be on tonight but for now i got stupid school .
hope we can get it full again tonight
Quote from Gekkibi :I have seen it full multiple times (Okay, not daily, but multiple days per week). Usually around these times.

Did you finished the race? Or were there terrible T1 mayhem? :rolleyes:

You all know the answer, mayhem/madness on T1. And this is difficult for higher licensed drivers to survive cause everybody from behind (most often dedicated wreckers) using cars in front as a brake. That's why I'm +1 for a new server...
Quote from [GR]Evolution :You all know the answer, mayhem/madness on T1. And this is difficult for higher licensed drivers to survive cause everybody from behind (most often dedicated wreckers) using cars in front as a brake. That's why I'm +1 for a new server...

The problem is that some wants to overtake on T1. I try not to. I always go along outer side of the turn, so I give room to those that are inside. It is better to let someone overtake you on T1 rather than hit him. I can always (Or at least try) overtake him later. I try to keep maximum safe distance on first lap. Unfortunately, I can't change the distance to the guy rear me. The problem occurs on crusial braking points, like 2nd jump on figuratively. I brake really early to avoid making contact on the car in front of me, but then the driver in rear will ignore my braking, hit me and force me to hit the driver(s) in front of me.

In other words, it is because (some) drivers are ignorant.
This is true. Hence, this is considered a racing server as well.. Real racing attitude should be there and enjoyable + clean fights could occur. Nobody should let the others pass him because he feels afraid of them hitting him. What I'm trying to say here is that people think that this is a server for crashing each other, not for racing. If there was a second server for more "professional" Bump and jumpers, it would be much better and there could be more strict rules than the public one, right?
Quote from [GR]Evolution :This is true. Hence, this is considered a racing server as well.. Real racing attitude should be there and enjoyable + clean fights could occur. Nobody should let the others pass him because he feels afraid of them hitting him. What I'm trying to say here is that people think that this is a server for crashing each other, not for racing. If there was a second server for more "professional" Bump and jumpers, it would be much better and there could be more strict rules than the public one, right?

+1. Just like on other CTRA servers: The rules are more strict. If you break rules on CTRA Race 3, you will get bigger penalty than someone new on Race 1 (I have studied reports, and found out that more experienced racers gets penalties more easily, because they shouldn't make them. Not with their experience and skills).
I think if another B+J server was made for higher level users, we'd have the same scenario that we have with Race 1. Those who should be using the higher servers are using Race 1, meaning those who are supposed to be in Race 1 can never advance without becoming WR holders. IMO it's fine as it is, what I would prefer to see (and I'd say CTRA would be more likely to go with this) is another entry-level racing server. Or else another license should be added to CTRA between red and blue, so that there's enough users for a higher B+J server. But that's just awkward
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I think if another B+J server was made for higher level users, we'd have the same scenario that we have with Race 1. Those who should be using the higher servers are using Race 1, meaning those who are supposed to be in Race 1 can never advance without becoming WR holders. IMO it's fine as it is, what I would prefer to see (and I'd say CTRA would be more likely to go with this) is another entry-level racing server. Or else another license should be added to CTRA between red and blue, so that there's enough users for a higher B+J server. But that's just awkward

If there isn't BnJ 2, then these red roofers will populate BnJ even moer than if there would be another server, thus making it harder for newcomers to earn points.

As far as I know, you will earn points if you finish, no matter what is your position. It isn't like on CTRA Race, where you'll have to be 8th or better to earn any points...
Quote from Gekkibi :+1. Just like on other CTRA servers: The rules are more strict. If you break rules on CTRA Race 3, you will get bigger penalty than someone new on Race 1 (I have studied reports, and found out that more experienced racers gets penalties more easily, because they shouldn't make them. Not with their experience and skills).

True.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I think if another B+J server was made for higher level users, we'd have the same scenario that we have with Race 1. Those who should be using the higher servers are using Race 1, meaning those who are supposed to be in Race 1 can never advance without becoming WR holders. IMO it's fine as it is, what I would prefer to see (and I'd say CTRA would be more likely to go with this) is another entry-level racing server. Or else another license should be added to CTRA between red and blue, so that there's enough users for a higher B+J server. But that's just awkward

Reading this you just can't make sense. Why would higher licensed drivers go there, when they all agree in making another server in order to avoid the entry-level one? We are only talking about bnj here, in which as Gekkibi said, you earn points just by finishing a race, not having to beat the WR (even if there's not one..).The use of Red roof as an entry level is the best solution here IMO cause as previously said it's hard enough to be obtained by wreckers, yet it reflects your ability to survive on BNJ servers and your experience in such (difficult) races.
Quote from Gekkibi :If there isn't BnJ 2, then these red roofers will populate BnJ even moer than if there would be another server, thus making it harder for newcomers to earn points.

As far as I know, you will earn points if you finish, no matter what is your position. It isn't like on CTRA Race, where you'll have to be 8th or better to earn any points...

Nothing more to add here.
Quote from [GR]Evolution :Why would higher licensed drivers go there, when they all agree in making another server in order to avoid the entry-level one?

That's why I mentioned Race 1. There are higher level servers, but they still choose to go onto Race 1, as that's where everyone is. Same thing will happen if there's a B+J 2. At the start, all of the red roofs may agree to go to server 2. But how many red roofs are on consistently? Not enough to keep an entire server going, that's for sure. So when a red roof wants to race with others, he'll have to go to server 1. Which defeats the whole purpose of having a server 2. As was said, there's something like 40 red roof drivers. Taking into account different time zones, I would be very surprised if there was more than 10 red roofs all online at one time. And then they won't all be on B+J, so that's more of them gone. When you factor it all in, there's normally no more than 3 red roofs on B+J at any time...There's only 1 on at the moment...

Maybe in a few months, when people progress to red roof status, then another server might be able to survive. EG: Look at Race 1 at the moment. There's 20 drivers connected. 8 of them are Copper licensed, while 12 of them are at least Silver. UF-BR is empty, Race 2 is empty, Race 3 has 3 people connected. See what I mean? Even though there are loads of higher licensed users, they still go to the lower server, because it's the most populated...The same would happen with a higher levelled B+J server
Only "catch" for higher servers are that they quarantee cleaner racing. Nothing more.

There are fewer international B+A than Red+silver roofers. Still, they have their server.

And currently, there is no "catch" on BnJ. Ok, you can upgrade your license class, but for what purpose? You don't obtain anything from it. Your joining costs increases, that is the only difference between higher and lower classes. If there would be another server, there would be a purpose to increase your license, and thus there could be more racers on BnJ (Because now there would be a purpose, and they try to obtain it).
Quote from Gekkibi :And currently, there is no "catch" on BnJ

What?
You get this shiny red bar in your sig and you're not satisfied?
Want a cookie?

/more OT - Gekkibi I wonder if you exist in the real world. You may as well be our imaginary virtual friend from the posts / races amount you get lately

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG