The online racing simulator
Why not use what you got??
(22 posts, started )
Hi there Im fairly new, but not too computer stuff lol, I had played this game ~ 2 days with an old analog gravis eliminator pro (modded by me) which just stank, but I had a universal ps/xbox/gamecube steering wheel. I did a little bit of research and found out that XBOX used a glorified USB adapter so Microsoft could make money on selling xbox stuff and computer controllers. Do I took the chance and merged an XBOX steering wheel on my computer, and thinking about modding an old xbox with a removable USB adapter! Anyway if you have an XBOX steering wheel and want to use it for LFS I will post instructions, some are straight forward and some is, well not. Just gotta love Microsoft, SOMETIMES!!!!!
most of the common steering wheels are based on poti wheel axes (x) they arn't really precise and poti die to fast on ~2hrs a day use..
the dfp and G25 are the only wheels that i know working with opitcal axes for the steering control. of curse there are other brands that produces optical axis controlls aswell but they are scaled at a much higher prize. (frex, vpp etc)

cons
dfp and g25 WONT work on Microsoft system due differnt incompatibilities..
As I said, I would love to get a g25, but who needs one when you could have an XBOX steering wheel with a mini sequential shifter and paddles, and making a connection to USB isnt hard and the wheeel is surprisingly accurate, I am using the MC2 wheel, and have the option to go to a game pad, how awesome is that??
yeah... thats awesome dude *sarcasm....

i started with a cheap 40 DeutschMark no ffb wheel with gameport conection, crappy pedals more like suited for a sewing machine..
changed to dfp
now happy with g25

and construting a new interface..
> new wheel, more wheel pushbuttons, ffbshifter, race seat
Quote from ThaBobsta :As I said, I would love to get a g25, but who needs one when you could have an XBOX steering wheel

You surely can't be serious? "Who needs to have a house when there's plenty of cardboard boxes on the street?"...

Quote from startkapital :i started with a cheap 40 DeutschMark no ffb wheel with gameport conection, crappy pedals more like suited for a sewing machine..
changed to dfp
now happy with g25

and construting a new interface..
> new wheel, more wheel pushbuttons, ffbshifter, race seat

You can afford to build an entire racing cockpit, yet you won't buy LFS? Some people...
Cardboard boxes are warm an fuzzy, believe me.

If I had $50 CAD to convert to euros and a paypal I would buy this game, but I cant. No paypal -> no credit card
Quote from ThaBobsta :If I had $50 CAD to convert to euros and a paypal I would buy this game, but I cant. No paypal -> no credit card

I didn't mean you lol...I meant the guy who can spend €500 on a rig, and not spare €35 to buy the best racing simulator for it...Kinda sad really...
Yes I releazie you didn't mean me I was just stating I wanted to buy is and I couldn't... wonder if there is a way I can contribute enough to make the devs think i am worthy enough to give me the game LOL!!!!! Probably not going to happen....
Speaking of, anyone know of any sites etc that you can make money on??? like free money or something that I can buy my s2??
There are, but it will take you almost 2 years to make the cash needed to buy LFS...I'v already tryed...lol

But with the Xbox wheel thing, Im using an Logiteh DriveFX which is for the 360 and works perfectly fine, you will need the XBCD360 drivers to use it.
what about you getting a job a couple hours a week and save up for the game ?? everyone wants something for free , there is no pride in that lmao
lol Had a job interview for the summer a couple of weeks ago and got shot down in flames, self esteem for jobs is pretty low, lol
#13 - halo
@ThaBobsta
Good luck to you.
FYI; sometimes, somebody decided to arrange S2 Voucher competition like this.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :
You can afford to build an entire racing cockpit, yet you won't buy LFS? Some people...

i just discovered lfs 6 weeks ago, running dem0 thats fine for me i have rfactor.. ^^
but with my next salary i guess i m gettign s2 license
#15 - wild
Quote from ThaBobsta :Cardboard boxes are warm an fuzzy, believe me.

If I had $50 CAD to convert to euros and a paypal I would buy this game, but I cant. No paypal -> no credit card

Why don't you come to an arrangement with one of your mates. Like give them the money and they use there paypal to buy you and S2 account?
Quote from startkapital :i just discovered lfs 6 weeks ago, running dem0 thats fine for me i have rfactor..

When will demoers realise that the demo is not a game. It's a demonstration of the full game. There are demo users here who have been demoers for 3 or 4 years. Fair enough, you only joined last month (I didn't see the join date :shy, but there should definitely be a time-limit...

E.G., £24 = €35. Over 6 months, that's just over €0.19 a day. I realise some people may not have very good jobs, but if you look hard enough, you'll find €0.19 on the ground...I worked for €2 an hour doing bloody hard manual labour last summer, and bought S2 out of it. You can surely even work for a relative, and spare €1.33 a week for the single greatest racing simulator ever!!!
Ok, tbh I have no idea so its 24GBP? or 24 Euro's? btw I think I might have found a way, you can use debit via paypal correct?
It's £24 Sterling, which is €30, which is $46 Canadian Dollars.

I'm not sure about using a debit card with paypal. But what you can do is get someone with a credit card to send money to your paypal account. Then you can use this money to pay for online purchases. You must surely know someone with a credit card?
#19 - Jakg
Debit Cards + PayPal work fine.

Even if you've not got a debit / credit card setup with your bank you can still do PayPal but you'll use "eCheques" which take 10 days to clear and are the bane of my life.

Some banks in the UK charge to convert currencies (Halifax do at least), which may bite you in the US - no idea if you get this, though.
Yeah I live ove here in canada eh?

Stupid paypal wont accept my debit, wonder if I can go to my bank and get the to transfer the $50?
Hehehehehe I have found it I will be buying S2 tonight, just gotta find my key pay someone and whala!
Good...Very good :>

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG