The online racing simulator
SimTools
(99 posts, started )
can you make it work for PDAs? it would be verry usefull IMO
hmmm... If it doesnt work out the box, Ill make it my next project
I got a pda, and 3 screens, so I cant use it on a secondary screen, BUT I CAN use it on my pda
Quote from Stigpt :hmmm... If it doesnt work out the box, Ill make it my next project
I got a pda, and 3 screens, so I cant use it on a secondary screen, BUT I CAN use it on my pda

Make it to work in Nokia E61 cell-phone and I buy you a beer!
I just ordered a windows mobile PDA yesterday

it should run on .NET compact Framework too!
we will see

There is a control in the SimAdapter SDK, the SimAdapterClientControl. SiMView uses this Control too.
This control manages the connection over network and retrieves tha data. I want to make a similar control for the .NET compact Framework, so everyone can make his own application like SimView on his PDA
let me try it on my pda

later edit : it dosen't work..it says it can't install .msi :\ it runs windows 2002
ofc it wont work - you need to code the SimView client to work on the PDA. Which is gonna be my next project, provided I can find the API and an example
Of course SimAdapter and SimView will not run on a PDA.

To run a SimAdapter client on a PDA we need all interfaces from SimAdapter.Framework assembly. but this assembly has a lot of types, that are not supported by the .NET coompact Framework.
So, i thnik for next releases, i have to Spilt this assembly, and create a own assembly only for the interfaces. this assembly would run on both frameworks!

Whats the clue on the network data? Why wee need the interfaces?

The netowrk data is binary serialized instance of the type SimData from SimAdapter.Framework.
To deserialize it, we need this type on bith sides
@Sixpack:
Would it be possible that you include indication lights also? For example shift light (Gear indicator turns to red when shift light is activated. Also, some kind of wav-sound would also be great)? I'm using shiftbuzz made by Nick A for that, but if you would include that feature, I don't have to have so many programs running.
I have an improvement suggestion: Option (On/Off) to hide cursor when on fullscreen. After I steal a touch-LCD from work, I don't want to see the cursor where I last pressed.
Would it be possible to get support of Phidgets in SimGuage? I was working in a dashboard project with them but my programmer disappeared on me

th reason i ask is that they are a pretty good start for engineering your own cockpit. all i have for now is the text 8/8/8 but you can display plenty of information between a 2X20 text LCD and 8 led's
@Gekkibi

What dou you mean? the cursor should dissaper after 5 seconds! Do you want to disable it permanently?

@KeiichiRX7
With the SDk you can create you own output plugin to use phidgets! its not hard, and you cann use the free available Visual C# (or VB) Express!
Quote from Sixpack_cmb :@Gekkibi

What dou you mean? the cursor should dissaper after 5 seconds! Do you want to disable it permanently?

Yes. It looks pretty silly when using touch-LCD and the cursor is visible (Even those 5 seconds). Nope, don't have the touch-LCD here home, but tested the interface using touch-LCD at work.
Ok, for SimView 1.2, i will add an option wich permanently let it dissapear!
Quote from Sixpack_cmb :Ok, for SimView 1.2, i will add an option wich permanently let it dissapear!

Hmm... Realized that probably it should be behind a key-comination (For example shift + other key) to prevent users accidentally select the feature from options and then have really hard time to find where to press to get the cursor visible once again.

Other improvement suggestions:
- As said, throttle and brake bars should be other way around.
- As said, it is possible to get other useful information from LFS via outsim (If I understood correctly that it is "outsim"?), such as lap times, positions etc.
- Fuel meter is little bit odd. If I put 5% fuel, it is 0.05 (Yes, 5 percent, because 1% is 0.01). Wouldn't it be easier to set it to display whole percentages (5% = 5)?
Quote from Gekkibi :
Other improvement suggestions:
- Fuel meter is little bit odd. If I put 5% fuel, it is 0.05 (Yes, 5 percent, because 1% is 0.01). Wouldn't it be easier to set it to display whole percentages (5% = 5)?

Fuel in % or an option to switch display in liters.

But, what I really want, is a tutorial, to make easy my own SimView. Because the actual, only arrives to 9.000 RPM, and what about F1 BMW? It has 19.000RPM, and the speedometer is in color no LCD.

The street cars, like FZ5, XRT, RB4, etc. The speedometer is a needle, it will be very nice, one SimView layout for each car

Ah! And a light gear shift indicator
This with the fuel is right! All other sims show the amount of fuel, but in lfs we only get an percantage! i will change it t0 be from 0 - 100!

@napalm
from all other sims we can raead out the max rpm value, but not from LFS! because of that, i set it to 9000!
I will set it to an calculated value, so if you rev high, the max rpm will be automatically set higher!

simvew rterieves the max rpm value from SimAdapter, so its already ok! But in the case of lfs simadapter delivers an constant (and wrong) value, because the outgauge system dont has a value for max rpm!
I have already said this, but I will say it again: I thank you for making this application. I have dedicated one monitor in my cockpit to show these details.

I'll have to ask your permission to use this software on project work I do to the university (Car cockpit simulation in a computer simulator). The use is not for "commercial purposes", and I won't earn any money by doing this (Other than project fundings [Material costs to build it]). It is purely for educational purposes. May I use SimAdapter on my project? Naturally, I will mention you on the report I make.
ARGH! I can't get it working. Is SimView supposed to be on the Output Plugins list? Mine isn't.
Quote from Sixpack_cmb :This with the fuel is right! All other sims show the amount of fuel, but in lfs we only get an percantage! i will change it t0 be from 0 - 100!

@napalm
from all other sims we can raead out the max rpm value, but not from LFS! because of that, i set it to 9000!
I will set it to an calculated value, so if you rev high, the max rpm will be automatically set higher!

simvew rterieves the max rpm value from SimAdapter, so its already ok! But in the case of lfs simadapter delivers an constant (and wrong) value, because the outgauge system dont has a value for max rpm!

I don't know how to do, but these 2 problems will resolve if you can read what car are running in LFS. I think that you can, because programs like LFSTune or LFS Tweak, can read the car that are you using.

So, if you know that BF1 has 95 liters or RAC 42 liters, you can to calculate the exact liters.

And the same with RPM, and what i want to do, a specific SimView layout for each car

PD: When will you release SDK?

Thank you very much!
Ok, i fixed the memory problem, and some other little bugs. Added some features to SimView.

The fuel in LfS is now forom 0 to 100!

You can download SimAdapter 1.1.1 and SimView 1.1.1 from my website!

I am working on the SDK help, i hate writing help files
Is there a plan for adding support of insim, to get the acceleration and tire temps data?

btw. the application is just brilliant, I use it on my second monitor and it works very seamlessly
Quote from Gekkibi :1) Install SimAdapter
2) Install SimView
3) Launch SimAdapter
4) Go to input options
5) Click LFS Data Acquisation Plugin
6) Click Configure
7) Change outgauge port and ID (Or other way around, change LFS cfg-file)
8) Launch SimView
9) Click connect
10) Launch LFS
11) ???
12) Profit

I hope I didn't missed anything important.

still struggling with this!!

can you tell what i need to put in the "server port" and "client port" in sim view???

i have changed the cfg to that in simadapter under the "input plugin configure" menu and it still doesnt work???

see the screen shot of what i have entered
#73 - T.J.
Works like a charm I really want to see more options later on..

Keep it up
simtools
Quote from justingt5 :still struggling with this!!

can you tell what i need to put in the "server port" and "client port" in sim view???

i have changed the cfg to that in simadapter under the "input plugin configure" menu and it still doesnt work???

see the screen shot of what i have entered

My setup which works fine

CFG File :

OutGauge Mode 1
OutGauge delay 10
Outgauge IP 127.0.0.1
outgauge port 4711
Outgauge ID 1

In SimView

server IP 127.0.0.1
Server port 9090
Client Port 9091

Don't forget to connect
Quote from Latanturle :My setup which works fine

CFG File :

OutGauge Mode 1
OutGauge delay 10
Outgauge IP 127.0.0.1
outgauge port 4711
Outgauge ID 1

In SimView

server IP 127.0.0.1
Server port 9090
Client Port 9091

Don't forget to connect

still doesnt work, i have changed mine to match yours exactly but i get the error in simview "could not connect to server"??

i do not understand what is wrong?
Please Help?

SimTools
(99 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG