The online racing simulator
SimTools
(99 posts, started )
Ok let see if i got it right , first we start SimAdapter , then LFS and after that SimViewer ?

edit : it works , its aaaaallllliiiivvvveeeeeeeee
One prob tough , i dont get any tyre temps , what should i do ??

@ James , try using 4711 again , works for me ^^
jep, the order is right if you start lfs the SimAdapter shows, that lfs is running. then you can connect to the server-ports you entered in Network with other tool such like SimView or SimGauge. the changing of the port, like mentioned above worked well for me, i did not test the new version yet.
Wov. It truly looks fantastic. I think I will dedicate one monitor for this program. <3
I'm lost, any chance me and any others can recieve detailed instructions? The whole outgauge, Insim, talk and all that has got me confused. :P
Quote from Ca18Slider :I'm lost, any chance me and any others can recieve detailed instructions? The whole outgauge, Insim, talk and all that has got me confused. :P

1) Install SimAdapter
2) Install SimView
3) Launch SimAdapter
4) Go to input options
5) Click LFS Data Acquisation Plugin
6) Click Configure
7) Change outgauge port and ID (Or other way around, change LFS cfg-file)
8) Launch SimView
9) Click connect
10) Launch LFS
11) ???
12) Profit

I hope I didn't missed anything important.
Thanks, it works. But if at any time I leave out of LFS, alt tab or any of that to start camlevel, it stops working.
It still doesnt show the tyre temps , any clue guys ??
Quote from W1ldPort75 :It still doesnt show the tyre temps , any clue guys ??

BecausIe OutGauge don't send those information. I hope that in the future I could see tyre temperatures and lap-times.
Quote from JamesF1 :It says:

But I can't find any duplicates. I'm using 26020 in SimAdapter and SimView, and they connect to each other fine... it's just SA dies with the above error whenever it finds LFS.

Ok James, you made the following mistake:

When i said "user port 26020", i was talking about the LfS port!

Outpt Plugins->LfS->Config

for the networking of simadapter and simview you have to use antoiehr port, and you can chosoe this port on your own! but you cant use one port for mire than one applications!
Quote from Gekkibi :BecausIe OutGauge don't send those information. I hope that in the future I could see tyre temperatures and lap-times.

Yeah, thats right! I am talking to the devs, but i think it will come in a later version!
Thanks. Now i have to find a decent LCD screen.
Now I'll have to steal touch-LCD from work...
Sixpack - great work so far!

But I do have some probs and some improvement suggestions:

First the probs:

- How can I use LFSRelax AND SimView together?
- When I copy&paste the configs into cfg.txt it works fine. But in my opinion my wheel gets a bit stronger to circle... Also when I enter /insim 29999 and then start LFSRelax SimView stops working. When I restart LFS it does not work too because the config I pasted in the cfg.txt (and SAVED!!!) have been deleted...

Improvement suggestions:

- perhaps make it possible to show only some Controlls. So it is possible to choose what you want to see. (Not working in LFS could not be shown...)
- Also I would like to see Split and GAP Times (in LFSRelax it works)..
- When using the Split Times, the LAP Times could be calculated...
LFSrelax changes things in LFS cfg-fie. Thats why I can't use LFSrelax with any other software that requires outgauge, not even when I normally use outgaugegateway to run multiple programs that uses outgauge...

I said that on LFSrelax -thread, but apparently I am a minority and thus it is not important to make a new version.
gebikki - thats a bug with LFS.
Whenever you enable INSIM, outgauge and outsim is DISABLED.
This prevents the gearshiftindicator from being used with any insim software (relax, my pitboard, etc)
Hmmm...

But why is the config deleted in cfg.txt??

And how to use Relax without INSIM ??? (Set in cfg.txt or something else??)
Quote from Stigpt :gebikki - thats a bug with LFS.
Whenever you enable INSIM, outgauge and outsim is DISABLED.
This prevents the gearshiftindicator from being used with any insim software (relax, my pitboard, etc)

That was acutally a bug, That _should_ have been fixed in Y18, Does it still exist?
Well this sounds good! Your SimView works loke this!

But I do not know how to get Relax to work without tyoing Insim.... But this is a question for another thread....

btw...

Nice to meet a neighbour
Good news for all users of a G15 or external display!

Today, i released the LCDStudio plugin for SimAdapter
You can download it from the download section at www.sim-tools.de!

Have fun!!!

@Crady
Können ja mal einen trinken gehen
Ja, könnten wir... Aber erst wenn SimView UND Relax zusammen laufen

my skype: Crady123
the problems seems to be a LfSRelax problem
hmmm..

I think it is caused by using the order "InSim".... this causes that the Config Lines given by the server will be deleted in cfg.txt (or Mode 1 is resetted to Mode 0)...

So SimView stops working...
YES! I DID IT!!!

SimView AND LFSRelax are working together!

This is the "trick" I did:

1.) Place a Link of LFS.exe on your Desktop
2.) Open Properties of this Link and add /insim=29999 to the target field (this makes LFS open the insim Port 29999 for Relax in standard propertie)
3.) Configure SimAdapter on ID2, Port 4711 and add the Lines to your cfg.txt at the end
4.) Save and write-protect cfg.txt
5.) launch SimAdapter, launch SimView, connect SimView, launch LFS, launch LFSRelax
6.) Have fun with SimView AND LFSRelex together

Now its on you, sixpack:

- Break and throttle should be swiched (every car has the throttle right!)
- try to read more infos out of LFS to be shown (G-Force, Split Times etc.)
- perhaps a LowFuel warning would be nice

There are already apps who display G-Force and Split Times via OutGauges - so it should be possible...
hmmmmm
I wonder if this would work on my Windows Mobile 6.0 PDA?

Anyone tried (I cant try right now, not at home)?

SimTools
(99 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG