The online racing simulator
Importing cars/vehicles into lfs.
Possible? Not? Any pointers?
Not possible.
Modding is not possible and won't be possible for a long time, maybe forever.
#4 - doyal
Possible however not allowed and requires great skill and knowledge of the LFS code (I guess). Kegetys the über legendary OFP/RBR/ArmA/LFS addon coder imported a fully working Mclaren F1 a few years ago.

:wow:

I've never seen that pic before - looks good

But isn't it 'not allowed' to make your own cars?
Well, as far as I know, kegetys isn't banned for it so I'm guessing it is ok but you aren't allowed to tell anyone how to do it or release that kind of mod to the public.
Kegetys wasn't banned as he didn't distribute it. He didn't even plan on mentioning it's existance, one of a small number of people he told leaked it.
Kegetys is the man. And what's the best thing? He's a modder with integrity.

And smooth moves.
#9 - doyal
Quote from spankmeyer :Kegetys is the man. And what's the best thing? He's a modder with integrity.

And smooth moves.

It's because he is Finnish.
He definately delivers useful work with a high standard. I don't know about all his work but I'm especially impressed with his SoftTH. This takes 'modding' to a whole new level. I could imagine corporations developing this type of program with less functionality, more restrictions, less performance, worse quality and asking major fees.
Not a hope with a demo license

Possibly with an S3 license...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Not a hope with a demo license

Possibly with an S3 license...

Possibly...never.I think the devs don't have the money to get the big licences to use big brands except when they get a special offer.
No, but they may make car modding open after S3 final (which presumably would be for S3 licensed users only...)
#15 - Jakg
@ CobraDrifter - They didn't pay for any of the cars in LFS, they only put them in when they were made free in deals.

It IS possible to put cars in LFS, but if you had the skill to do so you'd already be doing it rather than posting on the forum.
City buses @ Bump and Jump? Epic to say the least
That bus looks like a severely warped XF GTi...
haha lol i hope modding will be allowed in S3 but only to s3 users and not any clowncars cow cars... xD
Quote from Matt88sco :That bus looks like a severely warped XF GTi...

That's because it is. Literally.
if all s3 guys could make own cars or track then i want like this
Regular Cars/Tracks - Homemade Cars/tracks

Like in buttons
Quote from doyal :Possible however not allowed and requires great skill and knowledge of the LFS code (I guess). Kegetys the über legendary OFP/RBR/ArmA/LFS addon coder imported a fully working Mclaren F1 a few years ago.

Holy Cra.. Cow! I want that car!
You know you make no sense sometimes Arox.

Anyway at some stage importing cars ect would be looked at which then would see if it was feasible to apply and whether it would be worth it, which at a guess a public vote may happen which i strongly doubt would.

Custom cars and tracks would take away from LFS uniqueness therefore making it another run of the mill racing sim which i doubt anyone wants.
A pretty long time ago, I asked the devs if me and a friend could make a car for lfs.
And they said no, but also:

"We do hope to allow people to create their own cars one day, but it won't be
for a long while yet."

So there is hope!
Hope in year 2020. But then we have other problems, like runners in the net, frying your brains when you play LFS using plug-implants.

</cyberpunk>

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG