The online racing simulator
Want to know where to see some racing this weekend?
I used to have this problem. Me and a mate would decide we wanted to go and watch some motorsport of a weekend and so we would look at the Brands Hatch site, the Goodwood site and maybe BARC.net or the Lydden Hill site to find out what was on and how much it would cost etc. We might even look at Easytrack for trackdays if we wanted some free entry.

It gave me an idea to create a web based database of all UK motorsport events that would allow the user to search by event type, county or all events at a particular venue.

I have now created the http://www.motorsportevent.co.uk website that does just that. I am adding more events all the time. Got all the main events on there now I think. Just need to find some more obscure ones like short oval racing and stuff like that.

Hope you find it useful.
#2 - Dru
Quote from Gentlefoot :I used to have this problem. Me and a mate would decide we wanted to go and watch some motorsport of a weekend and so we would look at the Brands Hatch site, the Goodwood site and maybe BARC.net or the Lydden Hill site to find out what was on and how much it would cost etc. We might even look at Easytrack for trackdays if we wanted some free entry.

It gave me an idea to create a web based database of all UK motorsport events that would allow the user to search by event type, county or all events at a particular venue.

I have now created the http://www.motorsportevent.co.uk website that does just that. I am adding more events all the time. Got all the main events on there now I think. Just need to find some more obscure ones like short oval racing and stuff like that.

Hope you find it useful.

I can't seem to find any racing on at Blackwood Circuit this weekend think you are missing out some info their GF

Seriously thou... good stuff, always good to see people pro-active promoting real life stuff.... even thou half of us won't even see daylight this weekend

Dru
thats a bloody good idea
Nicely done!
Yeah, really nice mate
Looks really handy actually, although it doesn't tell me that British Superbikes are racing at Oulton Park on Monday. It seems to think that because it started (the race weekend) on the 3rd, the event is in the past.
Just a little bug I suppose, never a fan of black backgrounds either tbh but that's just me.
Quote from sinbad :Looks really handy actually, although it doesn't tell me that British Superbikes are racing at Oulton Park on Monday. It seems to think that because it started (the race weekend) on the 3rd, the event is in the past.
Just a little bug I suppose, never a fan of black backgrounds either tbh but that's just me.

Yeah thanks for spotting that mate. - there is a bug with the event date/now comparison. I noticed that too but thought it was only missing events on the same day. If you uncheck the 'Do not show motorsport events in the past' checkbox you can see the event is there.

I think I need to do some cleverer logic when an event runs for more than 1 day too.

Will get it sorted this weekend hopefully.
Great idea , you could probably get a sponsor or two for that page.
(the white menu's look a bit bland, but that just me nit picking)

edit: just saw the disclaimer lol , i think i may have picked up a mouse related injury
Brilliant idea - I've recently wished there were something like this when pondering whether I can get to any circuits with my camera.

Bug report: selecting any race types in County Durham returns a result for Silverstone.
This is brilliant, much appreciated
good idea, also were abouts are you in the uk as from the venues you seem to be in kent, i live like halfway between lydden and brands hatch lol
Quote from STROBE :Brilliant idea - I've recently wished there were something like this when pondering whether I can get to any circuits with my camera.

Bug report: selecting any race types in County Durham returns a result for Silverstone.

ooops - must have entered that data wrong - thx for letting me know.
Quote from james12s :good idea, also were abouts are you in the uk as from the venues you seem to be in kent, i live like halfway between lydden and brands hatch lol

You guessed it. I'm in Caterham - kent/surrey border but so far found no events in Surrey.
Hey pretty damn decent mate, you could proberly get a few sponsourships from some of the tracks like, just one little tiny thing....

.....Where Scotland?
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Hey pretty damn decent mate, you could proberly get a few sponsourships from some of the tracks like, just one little tiny thing....

.....Where Scotland?

Fife is there because there are a few events at Knockhill.
Don't forget it's bank holiday this weekend. I know there are a hell of a lot of good events on. RallyX at Lydden, A1GP at Brands maybe if I remember right. Need to check the Calendar hehe
Recntly made a few changes to this. Check out the lovely 'ignition' button. It's so lovely it just makes me want to press it

www.motorsportevent.co.uk
I couldn't find the Renault series happening this weekend at Silverstone, Im going anyway, free tickets on the website
Quote from Rdcranno :I couldn't find the Renault series happening this weekend at Silverstone, Im going anyway, free tickets on the website

You mean Formula Renault?

It's on the same days as the BTTC which is the headline event. I guess I should actually have a listing for every series that appears on those days.
Saw some hilarious 750 Motor Club racing at brands at the weekend. Those things with the JAP engines are hilarious.

But the reason for my post is this. As can be seen on the calendar (www.motorsportevent.co.uk) Formula 1 testing is on at Silverstone at the moment. Completely free to get in!

Still today and tomorrow if any one fancies it. I went last year and if you have never seen/heard these things in the flesh I strongly recommend you go along.
2008 ABkC 'O' Plate allocations
'MSA' - KF1. KF2. KF3. 100 National - MBKC at Three Sisters, note amended to 30 March (invited Comer Cadets, not their O Plate)
Rotax - Clay Pigeon - 23/24 August
TKM 2 & 4 stroke - PF International - 5 October
Gearbox - Shenington - 15 June for ICC UK; KZ1 now at Shenington on 17 August, and 250 National now at Dunkeswell on 27 July.
Comer & WTP Cadet - Rowrah - 11 May
Honda Cadet - Buckmore Park - 21 September
Honda Senior/Junior/World Formula - Rowrah - 25 August (with Super Two on 23/24 August)

2008 Renault Elf B4 S1 National Kart Championship:
All registered drivers will be able to enter each round, there will be no pre-qualifying rounds
www.s1series.co.uk
MSA Series for KF1, KF2, KF3, Comer Cadet, KF Heavy (or 100 National)
April 13 @ Three Sisters
May 18 @ PF International
June 15 @ Rowrah
August 17 @ Larkhall
August 31 @ Whilton Mill
Oct 5 @ Shenington

TKM Series (plus Honda Cadet)
March 23 @ Ellough Park (Meeting was abandoned, no results)
April 27 @ Larkhall
May 11 @ Llandow
June 1 @ Fulbeck
September 28 @ Clay Pigeon
October 12 @ Buckmore Park

Rotax Series
March 16 @ Clay Pigeon
April 6 @ Shenington
June 22 @ Buckmore Park
July 20 @ PF International
Sept 7 @ Rowrah
Oct 19 @ Three Sisters

BRDC Stars of Tomorrow www.brdcstars.com
(ABkC KZ1, MSA Cadet British Champs, Stars Junior Rotax, Stars MiniMax, Stars KF3)
March 29/30 Three Sisters (KZ1 only)
April 19/20 @ PF International (Not KZ1)
May 24/25 Rowrah
June 7/8 Whilton Mill
June 28/29 Llandow (amended date)
August 9/10 Genk
Sept 13/14 Shenington

Northern Karting Federation Gearbox Dates http://www.northernkartingfederation.co.uk/
ABkC Super 4 ICC UK (KZ2)
12/13 April Rowrah
17/18 May Shenington
21/22 June Dunkeswell
23/24 Aug Three Sisters
20/21 Sept Llandow
25/26 Oct Fulbeck

ABkC Super 4 250 National
19/20 April Shenington
24/25 May Three Sisters
7/8 June Rowrah
26/27 July Dunkeswell