The online racing simulator
Fern bay cerbstones
(35 posts, started )

Poll : Lower the cerbstones on Fern bay?

No leave it the way it is?
Yes please!
Fern bay cerbstones
hi there,

this is probably asked before but i make a poll for it.

what do you all think about the cerbstones on the fern bay layouts? i think they are to high. especially at FE_green. it is just to much in the chicanes and turns. when u race for example a GTR car it is almost impossible to drive 10 laps without crashing or rolling over or going off the track.

so my sugestion is, would it be a good idea to lower the cerbstones on fern bay?
I always thought they were called "run-offs" because you're not actually supposed to use them as part of the track, they're just a last ditch effort if you run a little too wide. In that respect, they're fine as they are.

I think the problem is that people think they can just throw the cars over them without thinking about the consequences. Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with them.
I'd like to vote option number 3, that would be "make more of them". The last chicane exit in green&black for example needs one to stop people to use the grass stuff as their advantage.

They are part of fern bay, and removing them would make the track more boring and not fern bay anymore. I really don't want that
Quote from Dajmin :I always thought they were called "run-offs" because you're not actually supposed to use them as part of the track, they're just a last ditch effort if you run a little too wide. In that respect, they're fine as they are.

I think the problem is that people think they can just throw the cars over them without thinking about the consequences. Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with them.

i only know them as cerbstones! don't know all english terms.

I don't know if they are ment as run off's, because they are all on the inside of the turns. if it where runoff's they would probably be placed on the outside. with TBO cars or XFG/XRG/UF1 these thing are no problem at all. only with the faster cars, they roll over in no time. it is difficult to avoid cerbstones all the time. ecpecially when there are manny drivers online, all wanting to go first treu the corners.
#5 - HVS5b
I just hate FB full stop. Can be relatively competitive on the rest of the tracks but I just don't 'get' FB at all.

I say bin it altogether (:grumpy or make the chicanes proper chicanes that need to be taken in 2nd or 3rd gear.
Quote from HVS5b :I just hate FB full stop. Can be relatively competitive on the rest of the tracks but I just don't 'get' FB at all.

I say bin it altogether (:grumpy or make the chicanes proper chicanes that need to be taken in 2nd or 3rd gear.

+ 1
#7 - Ian.H
Quote from henrico-20- :i only know them as cerbstones! don't know all english terms.

I don't know if they are ment as run off's, because they are all on the inside of the turns. if it where runoff's they would probably be placed on the outside. with TBO cars or XFG/XRG/UF1 these thing are no problem at all. only with the faster cars, they roll over in no time. it is difficult to avoid cerbstones all the time. ecpecially when there are manny drivers online, all wanting to go first treu the corners.

I'd suggest that "many of the drivers" in that case need to learn how to race and that sometimes, it's _you_ that has to back off.

FE's curbs are small in comparison to some

Regards,

Ian
Attached images
Nurburgring_lap.jpg
I love FB as it´s now :lovies3d:
@Ian.H: The difference there is the curb is on the inside of a nice wide sweeper, whereas FE has them in tight corners (one after going under the bridge at FE Gold/Black) and in chicanes that are shallow enough to be straight-lined.

That said, I think it gives FE part of its character.
Quote from Forbin :@Ian.H: The difference there is the curb is on the inside of a nice wide sweeper, whereas FE has them in tight corners (one after going under the bridge at FE Gold/Black) and in chicanes that are shallow enough to be straight-lined.

Are we both talking about the same thing Forbin?

I thought the OP was "complaining" about the curbs being too high and causing issues when people drive over them, hence the pic I attached.

Got a stinking headache atm, so I might have misinterpreted

Regards,

Ian
Many times I've ruined a good race by driving over the high curbs at a normal speed, and the XFG just rolled over. Could be quite frustrating.

EDIT: The 90-degree turn 2 on FeClub Rev is one of 'em.
Either we have a proper suspension damage, or flatten the curbs, this is completely unrealistic and really bad to watch...
big -1
it was always fun to ride over these and to flip.
Quote from Stefani24 :big -1
it was always fun to ride over these and to flip.

In the middle of a race and you're in the top three? Not so.
Quote from Ian.H :Are we both talking about the same thing Forbin?

I thought the OP was "complaining" about the curbs being too high and causing issues when people drive over them, hence the pic I attached.

Got a stinking headache atm, so I might have misinterpreted

Regards,

Ian

I'm talking more about the placement of the curbs in relation to their size. In the 'Ring pic you posted, a driver is unlikely to ride over that curb on the inside due to the nature of that corner. On the other hand, a driver is very likely to ride over the curb in a shallow chicane.
If you roll your car in a race you are not going to get a podium finish. Simple. It's very easy to roll the car after the chicane in BL1R too.

I like those high cerbs. Makes it more important to keep the round black things on the black/gray stuff.

That pic by Ian, isn't that the Nürngerburger ring? Wouldn't it be interesting to compare those who want it in LFS to those who complain about the cerbs in Fern Bay...
Fantastic as they are. Each track is different and has its own lines and character. Such as stated above at the nurburgring. Most of the curbs at the ring you avoid except maybe a handful that you can get away with and gain time.

So big -1
I have been rolled plenty of times becuse of those curbs. But it is part of the track and I eaither have to deal with it, or not race there.

Lately it seems CTRA1 has been doing FEGreenREV(?) quite alot. Just horrible really. Too long for the low power cars IMO.
Quote from Alkanphel :Many times I've ruined a good race by driving over the high curbs at a normal speed, and the XFG just rolled over. Could be quite frustrating. ....

That´s the good thing, you have to be carefull, you have to be a good racer, you have to do the driving

Maybe you prefer NFS
Quote from Forbin :@Ian.H: The difference there is the curb is on the inside of a nice wide sweeper, whereas FE has them in tight corners (one after going under the bridge at FE Gold/Black) and in chicanes that are shallow enough to be straight-lined.

The curbs are part of the track, and whether you can ride them or not should depend on the curbs, not the track layout. IRL you don't approach a corner and decide to run over the curbs based on the fact it's a tight corner/shallow chicane, you must weigh up the chance of the cars being upset or damaged by the curbs if you run over them.
Agreed, ajp. Although, with the way things are right now in LFS, you don't suffer much (if any) damage from jumping the FE curbs, and it's possible to set the car up to not get too upset by them.
They were alot lower in the S1, if you watch the movies...
#23 - Vain
Normally I'd support changing the layout of the track to not make the cerbstones too rediculous. The Fe Green and Gold chicanes are simply stupid at any competitive pace.

However I have the feeling that detachable car parts are within the scope of LFS by now and I assume that the possibility to rip off your front wing will put some constraint to jumping the FE cerbs.

So my opinion is: If anything needs to be done it's work on the car damage model rather than work on the cerbs.

Vain
Quote from Vain :However I have the feeling that detachable car parts are within the scope of LFS by now and I assume that the possibility to rip off your front wing will put some constraint to jumping the FE cerbs.

Rumour has it that some changes to the graphics engine that may be able to facilitate it may happen soon, but not in Patch Z.
And until we get proper aero modelling, people will just make the cars ride ridiculously high to get around that

Fern bay cerbstones
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG