The online racing simulator
Training
(11 posts, started )
#1 - latch
Training
I was bored the other day so I started working through the training lessons and ended up completing all the Demo lessons. I could get 'pro' on every test except the GT braking. I've tried everything that's possible in that test and still can't get a pro ranking. I'm not a slow driver and have been playing this game for over 2 years.

Is it possible to get a pro rank for this lesson?
Who knows... getting Pro would probably be a miracle, but the Training needs to be re-worked, a lot of it is thrown together and not fully tested I think.
#3 - latch
No worries

I suspected that training mode needed a reworking so I thought about posting this in the bug reports section
Well maybe we should go through them all and list what is wrong with some of the training courses .... like some target times are too easy, too hard, etc...
Quote from Tweaker :Who knows... getting Pro would probably be a miracle, but the Training needs to be re-worked, a lot of it is thrown together and not fully tested I think.

hmm, tried it right now and got pro, with 15,26 seconds on gt braking. drive the 100kmh in 2nd gear and shift down while braking.

btw. how can you get pro in the test drive lessons ?
#6 - Jakg
Quote from Ardent :hmm, tried it right now and got pro, with 15,26 seconds on gt braking. drive the 100kmh in 2nd gear and shift down while braking.

btw. how can you get pro in the test drive lessons ?

i was just about to ask the same question!
#7 - latch
Now THAT is impossible. No matter what you do, you only get OK for the test drives.

Good to know about the Pro ranking of the GT braking test.
I think the main problem with the training and why I don't like them and never drove them is because of the setup. The default setups are just plain lousy. I can't even pass anything because I've been playing LFS for a year now and S2 licensed from the beginning of S2 and I am use to how I have my brakes set, for example. In the default setup I cannot brake as I cannot set them up for my braking style and controller. Same with any other setting like suspension, gear ratio, etc. I don't want to sit and spend my time trying to figure out a crappy setup, how it drives, and get use to it just to pass some tests.
#9 - axus
I can't get a pro braking rank either - I have it on all other lessons though.
Quote from axus :I can't get a pro braking rank either - I have it on all other lessons though.

ok, sorry, I was mistaken because of the unprecise translation :P In the german version the 3 ranks for the lessons are : semi professional (Halbprofi), pro (Profi), ace (As). In the english version the ranks are ok, quick and pro, so I thought you were talking of the 2nd rank.

I also cannot get the pro (ace) rank, even with handbrake.
Are you engine breaking also?

Training
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG