The online racing simulator
#1 - JeffR
Top 100 [selling] games [of the past 12 months]
Top 100 selling games -March 2 ... US and Western Europe.htm Apparently having a fan base and some advertisement pushed NFS Prostreet to the top racing game at #6 overall inspite of a worse rating than last year's NFS Carbon which was #10. Having a version for PC and most of the consoles probably helped push the sales of Prostreet though. The 2nd highest racing game was Forza 2 at #20. Nascar 08 is down to #96 compared Nascar 07 at #87. Tombraider's Anniversary was down to #69 compared to Tombraider Legend at #42. However total sales for most of the games were up, mostly because of all the different platforms, but I recall reading that PC gaming sales are down.
"Selling " word in the topic would have described better.

Never understood all these Pokemon games on Nintendo DS that sells millions of billions.
3 words
Japanese Anime Freaks
Its depressing how many low-scoring thrown-together-in-a-week movie tie-ins there are in that list.
Quote from deggis :"Selling " word in the topic would have described better.

Never understood all these Pokemon games on Nintendo DS that sells millions of billions.

Because Pokemon games are FUN, EASY, and VERY addictive!
(I know, I'm an addict! )
This article goes to 11.

pages
No, it goes to 1. Lol i thought The Transformers game was bad, so why ended it up so high?
Quote from Scrabby :No, it goes to 1. Lol i thought The Transformers game was bad, so why ended it up so high?

maybe they tough the game is good pecause the movie was good? i tested the game and i didnt like it at all, but the movie is great
How did the Orange box end up so low on the list?
Quote from h3adbang3r :How did the Orange box end up so low on the list?

Along with bioshock and mass effect (althrough that was released only on the 360). Nice to see assassins creed near the top even if it was a bit repetative.
The movie is average really. But ofcourse beautiful visuals.
Thanks for fixing the title, wasn't thinking when I posted, obviously it's not the top 100 rated games, I corrected my post.

Quote from h3adbang3r :How did the Orange box end up so low on the list?

For current owners of Half Life and episode 1/3, Orange Box only adds episode 2/3, and episode 2/3 is available at much lower cost in some stores. When episode 1 was released, it wasn't clear that it was part of a trilogy (3 episodes to be made), so some players are probably willing to wait until episode 3/3 is released (no release date announced yet) before buying episode 2.
Call Of Duty 4 has a well deserved 1st place, great game with funny mods etc..
Expect GTA4 to top that list on release day, its going to blow everything out of the water.
Where's Crysis at? Wasn't that a high selling game when it came out?
Quote from scoobyrbac :Where's Crysis at? Wasn't that a high selling game when it came out?

Yes but only amounst the hardcore gamers that own a PC good enough to bloody run it. Also its a new game, the big selling games are part of a long running series that have big marketing budgets. Call of Duty 4 sold more units than Halo3 because of the number of platforms its available on. I bet you that FIFA08 was boosted by the number of PES fans appalled with PES2008 that converted to FIFA like I did, at least 40% of the fans did that.
Also, Crysis isn't that great gameplay-wise. The developers of the game focused WAY too much on eye candy and way too little on making it fun.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Yes but only amounst the hardcore gamers that own a PC good enough to bloody run it. Also its a new game, the big selling games are part of a long running series that have big marketing budgets. Call of Duty 4 sold more units than Halo3 because of the number of platforms its available on. I bet you that FIFA08 was boosted by the number of PES fans appalled with PES2008 that converted to FIFA like I did, at least 40% of the fans did that.

My system is nearly 2 years old and wasn't quite top-of-the-line when I built it (Aug. 2006), yet it's able to run Crysis great on "Low". Medium makes things chug a bit but as I recall, there's one setting (post-processing or something?) that, when set to "Low", smooths out the framerate nicely.

C2D E6400 (2.13GHz)
2GB DDR2-800 (clocked at 533)
7900GT
Quote from Forbin :My system is nearly 2 years old and wasn't quite top-of-the-line when I built it (Aug. 2006), yet it's able to run Crysis great on "Low". Medium makes things chug a bit but as I recall, there's one setting (post-processing or something?) that, when set to "Low", smooths out the framerate nicely.

C2D E6400 (2.13GHz)
2GB DDR2-800 (clocked at 533)
7900GT

Well when the main focus of the game is to make something that looks stunning, not many people will buy it if they need to run it on low settings. As someone already said the gameplay is crappy compared to many other games on the market, such as Call of Duty 4.
Eh, not really suprised by what i see. Top 100 just seems like a list of games i've actually heard of.

I agree with Quicksilver, GTA is going to beat everything to a pulp in such a short time that it will be impossible to calculate how many copies were sold on day 1 until a month after the release date.
I wish I had shares in Rockstar.
In all honesty, I found Crysis to be terribly boring. It had all this eyecandy, but then the story they tried to build, was shite. I think the trees breaking into pieces relatively dynamically was almost more fun.
Not being a true fan of first person shooters, I used cheat codes to play Far Cry (after getting annoyed with the player on a sinking boat having to hit a helicopter with several rockets sequence), and Crysis (expecting more of the same).

I still like the Tombraider series though, and they are my favorite non racing game series.
Quote from JeffR :I still like the Tombraider series though, and they are my favorite non racing game series.

Admit it, you just like the virtual boobs.
I've only tried the first one... I liked the virtual walk.

Not enought to buy the game though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG