The online racing simulator
/cfg=setup.cfg doesnt work??
(11 posts, started )
Hi drivers...

I was interested in making a own server.
It works i have a welcome msg. and that stuff.

but i have 2 problems.

1. I dont see mine (dedeced server) in the server list

2. i was wondering how the /cfg=(cfg file).cfg works.

I try some things, i try it the way i read it from the manual. but when i type /cfg.setup.cfg in the command line, its says unkown command... anyone got a answer??

thx

btw: maybe im a noob in hosting servers but i want to learn
by default if you just run lfs.exe it will load from the config file setup.cfg.

otherwise your command line should look something like lfs.exe /cfg=setup2.cfg

iirc you wont see your own server in the server list if its from your PC. check the LFS World list instead as that will show if it really is connecting to the master server.

so,

set your options in the file setup.cfg and simply start the lfs dedicated server exe: (see http://www.lfs.net/?page=addons for dedicated host files) those are standalone server files and do not need to be (and should be kept away from) within your lfs directory.
thx
It should be worth noting that if you're using a Linux server you need to change directory to where LFS.exe and your setup files are, before calling wine and the LFS executable.
Server works??
Hi im hosting my server now... it work thx...

but when i want to connect by typing the server name and password... its says Client Connect: Connect failt.

But when i connect via ip and all the stuff, its works fine

any suggenstions??

ip:10.0.0.150
poort:63392
add
ad. so i dont think people can connect.. and the server wont show up in the list for them...
Quote from Kunkine :ip:10.0.0.150

That's an IP reserved for private LAN use, so it's going to be of no use to anyone on the internet, as anything in that range should be non-routeable.

I'd suggest taking a look at this thread as your problem has most likely already been answered (i'll give you a hint - if you're using a home router, it's to do with port forwarding):
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9572
A little help here
Thx for the links

time to check my firewals. and stuff again

cheers
Weird
Quote from the_angry_angel :That's an IP reserved for private LAN use, so it's going to be of no use to anyone on the internet, as anything in that range should be non-routeable.

I'd suggest taking a look at this thread as your problem has most likely already been answered (i'll give you a hint - if you're using a home router, it's to do with port forwarding):
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9572

Hi,

Ive got my server set up now...
but when a friend tryed to connect by typing the name,
He start to connect wait for 6 second orse,
Then the connection screen came back...

Good news, dont get the client connect: failed to connect thing anymore

You now this problem?

Thx for you help this far..

cheers
Check that you have the correct ports forwarded in both UDP AND TCP modes...I searched for ages until I found that error when I set up my third server, while the other two had been working fine for ages!

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG