The online racing simulator
Round 8 Penalties and Results
Results coming in the next 2 hours. Provisional, of course.

ANd the usual.

d
Attached files
Results_Qual.pdf - 24.2 KB - 195 views
Results_Race.pdf - 32.1 KB - 213 views
I'd like to point out that those that spun at T1 then pulled straight out in front of those behind them...I think it was Kipsus who pulled straight out in front of me after spinning out, damaging my car...

I'd also like another incident investigated, between Juuretis and I on the last lap, the corner just before going under the bridge (it's like the 5th last corner IIRC), he tried to take me on the inside, and clipped me. I spun and lost 3 places, but if he waited until the big straight after it, he would have passed me no problem...He also ran into me on the corner with the beach, just after the second pits, but that didn't cause any damage (I think)...but he still ran into me...
#3 - J@tko
Quote from dougie-lampkin :
I'd also like another incident investigated, between Juuretis and I on the last lap, the corner just before going under the bridge (it's like the 5th last corner IIRC), he tried to take me on the inside, and clipped me. I spun and lost 3 places, but if he waited until the big straight after it, he would have passed me no problem...

I was right behind you for that incident. From my POV, I saw it as a racing incident, but that's just from what I saw
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I think it was Kipsus who pulled straight out in front of me after spinning out, damaging my car...

Nope, I don't remember having any contact with you. But I do want to point out that Stefan acted very tank-like in the T1 (not to mention he spun me out in the first "be careful" chicane), that's just not right..

And I'd like a monetary compensation for that Rescue car thing
lol I can't remember who it was...but I thought it was you

I wouldn't call it a "racing incident" if I'm spun out by someone and lose 3 places because of it...It may or may not be accidental, but it's still completely unfair from my point of view

EDIT: It was Kablinkus who pulled out in front of me...

Also, the LFSBC Rescue chat was way too much...
Other Incidents to be investigated:
  • Lap one, first corner incident, to see if there were rule violations by those who spun, on rejoining the run.
  • Lap 5, final 2 sectors: [TG] Hammond (J@tko) was damaged, and perhaps blocked (or otherwise impeded upon) other racers still fit to run.
  • Lap one, Turns 12-13-14 incident involving several mid-pack drivers.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I'd also like another incident investigated, between Juuretis and I on the last lap, the corner just before going under the bridge (it's like the 5th last corner IIRC), he tried to take me on the inside, and clipped me. I spun and lost 3 places, but if he waited until the big straight after it, he would have passed me no problem...He also ran into me on the corner with the beach, just after the second pits, but that didn't cause any damage (I think)...but he still ran into me...

[OPC] ROB! (dougie-lampkin) was losing the rear end of the car on corner exit, and was sliding, and would have spun or otherwise lost an equal amount of time/positions as if Juuretis (Juurme) had not been there.

NO PENALTIES.
Quote from dekojester :
  • Lap one, first corner incident, to see if there were rule violations by those who spun, on rejoining the run.

The following drivers were found to have recklessly returned to the track following an incident:

TAYLOR-MANIA
kABLiuks LTU (kabliuks)

Both will be assesed a 30-second Time Penalty to their result.

Quote from dekojester :
  • Lap 5, final 2 sectors: [TG] Hammond (J@tko) was damaged, and perhaps blocked (or otherwise impeded upon) other racers still fit to run.

[TG] Hammond was found to have driven on the racing line with a damaged car. He contacted kipsus, spinning him, by attempting to overtake him. He also impeded [OPC] ROB! for a turn and a straight. For this, he will be assesed a 90-second Time Penalty.
Quote from dekojester :
  • Lap one, Turns 12-13-14 incident involving several mid-pack drivers.

This incident was caused by [TG] Captain Slow. Hyntty was to his left, and Jurretis was on his right returning from a minor off. [TG] Captain Slow contacted Hyntty, sending him (Captain Slow) to a spin. This was also Slow's fault. Since the spin penalised him, he will be given a WARNING to be careful of cars ahead/to either side.
Quote from dekojester :
This incident was caused by [TG] Captain Slow. Hyntty was to his left, and Jurretis was on his right returning from a minor off. [TG] Captain Slow contacted Hyntty, sending him (Captain Slow) to a spin. This was also Slow's fault. Since the spin penalised him, he will be given a WARNING to be careful of cars ahead/to either side.

It wasn't entirely my fault. I moved to the left slightly because I knew Juuretis was re-entering the track from the left, and I didn't want to hit him. Because of the way the track was layout is, HynTTy came to the right ever so slightly, which, coupled with my minor move to the left, put us on a collision course

I think you should also give Juuretis a warning, so that he is more careful when re-joining the track. He didn't look or even slow down to check the track was clear
Quote from JO53PHS :It wasn't entirely my fault. I moved to the left slightly because I knew Juuretis was re-entering the track from the left, and I didn't want to hit him. Because of the way the track was layout is, HynTTy came to the right ever so slightly, which, coupled with my minor move to the left, put us on a collision course

I think you should also give Juuretis a warning, so that he is more careful when re-joining the track. He didn't look or even slow down to check the track was clear

If you had collided with Jurretis, he would still have been considered in a "recovery" state after his off, and would recieve the blame.

Plus, you still had room.

It's only a warning, mate !

d
OK, Thanks for the investigations
Quote from dekojester :[TG] Hammond was found to have driven on the racing line with a damaged car. He contacted kipsus, spinning him, by attempting to overtake him. He also impeded [OPC] ROB! for a turn and a straight. For this, he will be assesed a 90-second Time Penalty.
  1. Yes, I did spin Kipsus (did he actually spin), as I found that I couldn't really turn right. At all. Although (if my memory serves me correctly) I let him back infront of me again But I accept that I made contact with him which was unnacceptable. Sorry Kipsus.
  2. (EDIT 2) Having just seen the replay - I cannot see where I held Rob up unfairly at all Yes - I held him up in that long left hander - but there was nothing else I could do, and anyway, that was my normal racing line and speed through there - the FZ5 is just crap in the slower corners (with my setup! ) Stan went round the outside of me, and I let Rob through at the first possible opportunity.
EDIT 3: Deleted some stuff.
it was a beutifull T1, i hit some one in front and then was hit million of times and got damaged badly and hat to go to the pits...it became almost 2 minutes gap so i was unable to win back atleast one position.... i was practicing a lot and it pitty that it turned out like that...
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA : Who's the biggest, baddest noob?

Has there been a bigger penalty than Hammodns 90 sec?

BTW, I'm kind of looking forward on waht deko'll make wiht the video... Will it be action filled? Will I be in it? Starring?
Quote from J@tko :
  1. Yes, I did spin Kipsus (did he actually spin), as I found that I couldn't really turn right. At all. Although (if my memory serves me correctly) I let him back infront of me again But I accept that I made contact with him which was unnacceptable. Sorry Kipsus.
  2. (EDIT 2) Having just seen the replay - I cannot see where I held Rob up unfairly at all Yes - I held him up in that long left hander - but there was nothing else I could do, and anyway, that was my normal racing line and speed through there - the FZ5 is just crap in the slower corners (with my setup! ) Stan went round the outside of me, and I let Rob through at the first possible opportunity.
EDIT 3: Deleted some stuff.

I cite Clean Racer's Club rule DC-1 ( http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/C ... ing_a_severly_damaged_car ) as the reason for leaving this penalty stand. You caused [OPC] ROB! to lose a few seconds to Stan. Rob was close enough before the block to overtake at a slight mistake or a good move, but this went out the window.

Also, Official Results are posted.

d
Quote from dekojester :I cite Clean Racer's Club rule DC-1 ( http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/C ... ing_a_severly_damaged_car ) as the reason for leaving this penalty stand. You caused [OPC] ROB! to lose a few seconds to Stan. Rob was close enough before the block to overtake at a slight mistake or a good move, but this went out the window.

Also, Official Results are posted.

d

IMO, my car was not severely damaged.

Any why do I get a 90 second penalty?

If that'd been in the middle of a race I'd have got a max of a drive-through (30 seconds)

It doesn't really matter anyway - I kept my 9th place.
IMO had he not blocked me it wouldn't have made a difference unless Stan had a bad accident on the last corner...my car was fairly wobbly and I (as you saw from everyone else catching up to me ) wouldn't have caught up...

Sorry Jack, I think I ran into you then too
And not a single word about that Rescue Car amusingly spinning in the middle of a straight
Deko you've missed something quite relevant. The worst criminal in the race: Juuretis. HE CUT THE BLEND LINE on lap 2. How can you let him get away with such an awful crime?
Oh and Dougie, you should've just let Juuretis pass you, like I did. He's just too dangerous to race with in a car like LX
lol my plan was actually to let both of you pass me under the bridge...I didn't think anyone would try and pass me in a LX on a turn

I had a nice bit of damage and knew I wouldn't make the line

And I think the Rescue Car needs a good talking to after making me almost spray Diet Coke all over my screen after watching him drift around the grass XD
And what the hell was was Rescue car (racer hero) doing when he crashed out kipsus

He blamed race control but I see no reason why Dekojester should have any blame at all for this disaster
Quote from kipsus :And not a single word about that Rescue Car amusingly spinning in the middle of a straight

lol.. i feel your pain.. i'll post my thoughts in the season 2 improvements thread
Don't worry, I'm preparing a rant about the Rescue Car thing.

It was all I had to keep from lashing out on the server at that moment.

And I thought we had that Rescue Car bit sorted out after Round 2.
Now, to deal with the Rescue Car incident.

The Rescue Car is completely at fault for any incidents caused. after Round 2, I recall stating that the Rescue Cars are to take all possible care when on track. This was not done. Driving on grass is dangerous, as it's not the best surface, even though the RB4 is 4WD.

The Rescue Car Driver was placing blame on me. I did NOT require him to go onto course. He asked me if he was needed, I said yes, and he went out on course. He DID park off to the side when the top 6 or so came storming through, but took back to course when there were still 4 or 5 cars left to come through. He should have waited for them to pass, then he would have had 2 minutes to get to his station while the competitors completed their lap.

I apologise to those who had there races affected by him. If you were held up by him unduly, I will give an approximate time credit to your result. I remember kabliuks got spun and had a pitstop forced. I will probably credit him somewhere between 60-90 seconds to make up for time lost. I would like comment on this, however before I do to see if this is fair.

d

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG