The online racing simulator
Lap Record
(6 posts, started )
Lap Record
gday,

yesterday whilst racing on race 1 the track was fe rally and i set a record for xfg. that was all fine so then i tryed to set a lap record with the xrg aswell. i did that, the lap time was a 33.59, then in the next race i beat it again, 33.44 but then i had to leave to go have dinner. UKCT dustin was also racing in that race and did a 33.55 which beats my other lap record.

My point is that he set the lap record of 33.55 because he finished and i did a faster lap time but didnt finish. in real life you dont haveto finish the race to get a lap record. I have a pb with xrg better than the lap record!!!! i think it is just stupid. you cannot always finish the race, whether u lose connection or have to leave, u should still have the lap record imo

what are your thoughts?
#2 - SamH
Lap records are recorded at race end in the CTRA system. That's how it is.

[ed] To fully answer the question and explain: Lap records are primarily used as an influence on the points awarded for a driver who ran in the race. When the race ends, points for each driver are calculated. If they got a lap record, or got close to a lap record, they get extra points. The points calculation can't happen until the race ends, and so we don't handle lap records until then either.

There's no point in arguing that it's not like real life. It's also not like real life if someone is disconnected, and at no point in history (to my knowledge) has anyone suddenly disappeared out of a circuit and NOT finished a real-life race because his dinner was ready. We have our own set of rules that cater specifically for sim racing. In many respects they parallel real-life racing, but we don't give points or wins out to people who would have won if their dinner wasn't ready, and we don't reward people who forgot to close their bittorrents.
This was a conscious decision because we didnt want hotlaps on the records, we wanted the records to have been recorded under race conditions rather than qualifying conditions.
I perfectly agree with your statement Becky.

Why then does CTRA allow us to get a lap record after a midrace join?
Should it be modified to prevent it?
#5 - SamH
We could prevent midrace joiners from earning records, but the reason we allow midrace joiners to join midrace at all is so they can warm up and qualify for the next race. We stipulate that they mustn't interfere with the race in progress, but assuming they don't do that, if they get the lap record while earning their qualifying position, I don't personally mind that.
all clear.
Thanks
-
([d9]) DELETED by SamH : Cleanup
-
(SamH) DELETED by SamH : Cleanup
-
(Christopher Raemisch) DELETED by SamH : Cleanup
-
(The Moose) DELETED by SamH : Cleanup
-
(Biohazard) DELETED by SamH : Cleanup