The online racing simulator
Race08
(4 posts, started )
Race08
I was on steam the other day, and I saw Race08. Apparently, it got the title of Racing Sim of the Year, or something.

Has anyone tried it? Is it any good? I can search wiki and all that but I want opinions from people who have tried it.
Yes I have it, it is ok if you are into GTR2 etc. The real life cars and tracks are nice. You'll need a high end pc to run it on its fullest settings though.......the online random server play is simply terrible, much worse than lfs demo. No doubt there are organised private leagues were the racing is much better.

I also don't like steam it has always caused me problems. There is an option, however, to avoid steam and load it for offline use only.

All in all I have played it for a couple of hours then got fed up with it. I prefer GTR2, but as with all the other sims I've tried it just doesn't 'feel' right and I end up back with LFS.

If you admire GTR2 then you will like this sim, if you don't like GTR2 then you won't like this. It's still full price so a bit expensive. Try downloading the demo and give it a shot

Also this site is good for mods etc. http://www.nogripracing.com
#3 - migf1
Perhaps you mean Race07? I can't find Race08 info anywhere!
^ What the guy above me said

I have Race07, it's good for quick blasts...but not good for anything else.

Mind you the Radicals are fun...wouldn't mind one in LFS (hint hint)

DK

Race08
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG