The online racing simulator
Want to make a Online / ofline button for our servers/hosts
Is it possible to have online / offline buttons on your website not for drivers but for hosts / servers and how is this achieved??
Yes, this is possible. You need to query the pubstats, asking for a list of online hosts. You then iterate through the list and see if your servers are there.

In order to do this you need some sort of server side scripting.

For PHP there is the LFSWorldSDK.
I only want a couple of buttons on our site representing our servers.
Then if you click on those buttons, LFS starts and goes to those servers.
There's nobody, that I know of, who just provides this as a service for people at the moment, hence you need to create something to do it.
Ok thanks!!
#6 - SamH
If the LFSWorldSDK is daunting, you can alternatively talk to the host file for the server. Every time a server fires up, a hostxxxx.txt file is created, where xxxx is the port number that the server is running on. This file gives you lots of useful information about what's happening on your server.
I'll work on something *wink*
ok, I've sorted it now!

http://host.ramdonice.co.uk/HOSTNAME_HERE
(add .gif extention if required)

for online
for offline

I am thinking about doing "image sets" for the near future. Let me know if this is wanted!
It looks like they're currently being served as the wrong content type Krammeh
they are?

The images themselves are currently png's, I think I'm going to convert them to GIF
Hmm.. maybe I just caught them as you were changing something, because they're displaying properly now.. Nevermind
ah well, I've converted it to .gif.

I've also made it just check them every 10 minutes, and on the fly if its not already cached .

So "Currently checked 725 different hostname(s)"
#13 - vane
I am a budding coder with experience of LFS_External, and wondering if i could make my own one of these i tried typing in my server [R-L] Cruise but it came up as red.
Quote from vane :I am a budding coder with experience of LFS_External, and wondering if i could make my own one of these i tried typing in my server [R-L] Cruise but it came up as red.

Is the server online?
#15 - vane
it is working now, when i type in the server name e.g [R-L] Cruise it works as opposed to %5BR-L%5D%20Cruise

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG