The online racing simulator
Round 7 Pre-Race Discussion
You know the drill. Talk here about how we will all epic fail in GTRs

Was I supposed to make this thread?
#2 - J@tko
Quote from JO53PHS :Was I supposed to make this thread?

Yes

Me=epic fail.

I use a keyboard. Enough said.
I love GTRs plus we have march break so I have alll week to practice for this :P
What cars will you be using then?
Probably XRR cuz its a good challenge, from WR's it can keep up and I love XRs in general lol ALL OF THEM.
I'll be using good 'ol beginner's reliable FXR

EDIT: This track is hell for tyres...Just to reach 1:36 territory, my front R3 tyres last 2 laps before going bright red on the outside...Is anybody else going to use R4s?
If you can't get your tyres to last even ten laps, you're pushing far too hard.
R4s last 10 laps, so I'll just do the required pit half way through
Round 7 Information:

Course: Westhill Reverse
Cars: XRR FXR FZR
Laps: 20
Pit Stop Required, not before lap 2 is started and not after lap 18 is completed. Start and end is when YOU start and end the lap. Pit stalls will be assigned by championship position. First in championship will get stall #1, P2, #2.
Extra requirements: Please declare your intent to enter and which car you will be using by the start of Free Practice 2. Failure to do so by this time will result in you starting the race from the back of the grid. This is being done to expedite the pitlane stall assignment process.

Weekend Schedule:
FP1: 15 March 2008. 1900 GMT. 60 Minutes.
FP2: 15 March 2008. 2200 GMT. 60 Minutes.
FP3: 15 March 2008. 2400 GMT. 60 Minutes.
FP4: 16 March 2008. 1545 GMT. 45 Miuntes.
Qual: 16 March 2008. 1830 GMT. 20 Minutes.
Lag Start: 16 March 2007. 1856 GMT.
Race Start: 2 Minutes after completion of Lag start.

d
This pit box thing could be another classic New Dimension Racing Event, an epic fail.
Quote from dekojester :Pit stalls will be assigned by championship position. First in championship will get stall #1, P2, #2.

If I may give my opinion here I think this will end in total chaos.

How are you supposed to know the right pit box when you are for example 15th in the championship? Drive to the first pit box, drive back again and count the pit boxes while doing that?
How did I miss this thread this morning?

Quote from zeugnimod :If I may give my opinion here I think this will end in total chaos.

How are you supposed to know the right pit box when you are for example 15th in the championship? Drive to the first pit box, drive back again and count the pit boxes while doing that?

+2.

Just go to the one that's furthest down the pit lane. (or any - it doesnt really matter!)
+3

Stop as far down the pit lane as possible is the norm in other leagues i believe.
Just curious because I have never driven this car or track, is it not possible to do 20 laps straight? If it is, why is the pit stop required? It seems like the driver should be rewarded if he doesn't abuse the tires.
Quote from Technique :Just curious because I have never driven this car or track, is it not possible to do 20 laps straight? If it is, why is the pit stop required? It seems like the driver should be rewarded if he doesn't abuse the tires.

Because it's an 'endurance' round.

Yes - I'm sure it's possible to do 20 laps, but we wanted a round with a pit stop.
/me slaps forehead.

I did the pitbox assignments thing thinking that there were garage numbers above each stall like at the other tracks.

grrrrrr.

So, ignore the bit about pitbox assignmetns. GO to the furthest one down.

And ohbytheway, do NOT drive through more than two pitboxes on your way to your pit.
Quote from dekojester :And ohbytheway, do NOT drive through more than two pitboxes on your way to your pit.

ROFL /me can see someone driving the length of the pit boxes...it's bound to happen

And I don't think anyone could last 20 laps on the one set of tyres, and without a good deal of fuel (50% I'd say), in FXR at least...

I'll be using R4's on the front ffs
Not sure if I can make this race I'm going to a Knicks game on the 16th. The game doesn't start until 6PM EST but I'm an hour out of the city and we generally try to get there an hour early in case of traffic.

And... the following event I'll be on another business trip so I'm not sure if I'll make it back in time for the race... boo...
I will not be there for Round 7, holiday trip to Finland
Don't come knocking on my door...
what does it mean pit? do i have to refuel or change tyres or repair my damage, or i can do simple Stop-and-go thing in pits without any work?
Quote from kABLiuks :what does it mean pit? do i have to refuel or change tyres or repair my damage, or i can do simple Stop-and-go thing in pits without any work?

You can, yes. As long as your car stops in a pit box.
The /mustpit option will be set to yes. If it makes LFS happy, I'll be happy.

Thinking about doing this as a rolling start. Will let you know if so or not on Wednesday at the latest.
Quote from dekojester :Thinking about doing this as a rolling start. Will let you know if so or not on Wednesday at the latest.

NO!!! Then the FXR loses all of it's advantage off the line!
Quote from dougie-lampkin :NO!!! Then the FXR loses all of it's advantage off the line!

+2 The FXR does seem rather quick off the line. I always thought it was me imagining it because I was hearing the turbo pressure building up

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG