The online racing simulator
how many members are there in lfs
iam just curios becuase when i was on lfs world i saw alot of people from albania that i didnt think new about this game , except for me. do the numbers they show give the results for the demo playera and full lfs owners or just the people who actually own it only.
What statistics page you mean?
Quote from stjuart :do the numbers they show give the results for the demo playera and full lfs owners or just the people who actually own it only.

Theres no way for the LFS team to track demo players as they dont have to sign up to anything to say who they are, or what they are, or where they're from. And tracking country by IP isnt particularly accurate. So yes, its only those who own a license.
#4 - bbman
Not entirely true... Because if you care enough to make an account here on the forums as a demo user, you're also having an account over at LfS-World...
IIRC Scawen or Victor told us the number of sold licenses, and it was pretty big (for a game like this). 10 000 - 14 000?
Quote from Qurpiz :IIRC Scawen or Victor told us the number of sold licenses, and it was pretty big (for a game like this). 10 000 - 14 000?

Scawen mentioned it at the karting meet-up, and said between 20 and 30k, but that over 10k of them are only S1 licenses.
Hope he is going to further develop the game instead of taking the money and buying a small caribbean island.
Quote from Bob Smith :Scawen mentioned it at the karting meet-up, and said between 20 and 30k, but that over 10k of them are only S1 licenses.

Oh... Remembered wrong then...
I wondered before that how Scawen can get all his income from sold LFS licences (afaik he quit his job because of LFS long time ago?) but 24 £ * e.g. 15 000 S2 licences makes 360 000 £. :hyper:
You have to divide it by 3, which makes £120 000 per dev, and then you have to divide it by 3 years, which makes £40 000 per dev every year
And throw away approximately 50% for bank charges, costs and various taxes if you are really intent on working out the contents of our bank accounts.
Quote from hrtburnout :You have to divide it by 3, which makes £120 000 per dev, and then you have to divide it by 3 years, which makes £40 000 per dev every year

Of course, I know that. Just didn't mention that.
-
(schofei) DELETED by schofei
I dont think you get an account on the forum until you use it, but I could be wrong. I didnt think the figures added up either....
Quote from schofei :So where is the gap?

The gap is : Being a forum member is nothing to do with being S2 licensed. Any racer, licensed or not, becomes a forum member when they first try to log in at the forum.
Quote from Scawen :The gap is : Being a forum member is nothing to do with being S2 licensed. Any racer, licensed or not, becomes a forum member when they first try to log in at the forum.

I love it when Im right
-
Well...

According to the lfsworld stats, 20.5% of the racers are from Germany (I don't know if it's only the S2 racers, tho).

According to the same stats, there are 10 087 racers in Germany.

Simple equation: 100 * 10087 / 20.5 = approx 49205 racers.
Quote from boosterfire :According to the same stats, there are 10 087 racers in Germany.

Can I have some of the drugs you are taking?
Quote from Bob Smith :Can I have some of the drugs you are taking?

Can I have your blindfolds?

Ok that's not nice. I'll get you a nice step-by-step tutorial to understand HOW to get the number of racers in a given country.
- type www.lfsworld.net in your browser
- double-click "LFS Racers database"
- In the "LFS Racers search" tab, use the drop-down box with the word "country" written besides it.
- Select the country called "Germany"
- Click "Perform the search"
- Wait a bit
- Read the line "10087 Search results:"

It can also tell you there are 2900 Canadian racers, 6634 from the UK, 9408 in USA, 3004 from Finland, 3516 Australians or 3800 French.....

So instead of making Boost's post sound stupid by making a drug comment because I don't know what he's talking about, I'll answer the question he asked: no, I don't believe that is only S2 racers. It most likely also counts demo and S1 racers.
im positive its not demo users.. it really could be anyone, you dont have to own LFS to have an account, and some of them may even be S1 licensed

i highly doubt we will ever get an 'accurate' number of how many people have LFS.. if anything i promise you the devs have the numbers somewhere, or atleast something does or else the whole license thing in LFS .. wouldnt work right and there would be multiple licenses

dunno, but unless the devs release that info, i doubt we will see it
Quote from Nick_ll :Can I have your blindfolds?

Ah yes, now I see my problem....

(I didn't realise you could leave the name field blank when searching)

I thought from we passed 50k registrations on the LFS website ages ago though? (which would include demo + licensed racers)

Edit: found the thread, last official number was 45,000, and that was reached over 13 months ago :http://forum.rscnet.org/showth ... &highlight=lfs+racers

HOWEVER, I remember Vic saying something about only active members being used to create the stats, perhaps that is the same for the racer search function?
-
Quote from schofei :So what do we get when searching for country in the "LFS Racers search" tab?
Are these really licensed racers?

I rather think the LFS Racers search result includes demo racers as well, which would explain the mismatch between LFS Racers search results and the "Licensed racers per country".

As stated, it definately includes the demo, hence the inclusion of the word "licensed" in the pie chart, and it's absence in the complete list of racers.

That's also why the percentages don't match up.

Curiously that means that a demo racer from the UK is more likely to buy a license than a demo racer from the US.
most importantly, it means brasilians are cheap bastards
just kidding

its probably due to online shopping being a rare thing in brasil compared to other countries.
dam it only 95 people from my native country own lfs, eh considering how small albania is and how small their incomes are thats a pretty good number , to bad i dont know any of those 95 people. any how if your albanian say hello. oh and last but not least thanks for showing up in one of my threads Scawen , i dont know if it was you or the other to guys that i told about my weekly reinstaling windows xp and running out of licenses.the reason i did that was becuase i had a virus i didnt know about it and it was all over my saved files and things that got installed became corupted , the exe would get messed up, any how dam that parite b virus, made me hate my pc for a year cuase everything kept crashing and i couldnt figure out how to fix it. got avast solved the problem , ........idiot who didnt believe in virus progams:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG