The online racing simulator
Mouse users
(23 posts, started )
Mouse users
Do you guys have any tips for driving the BMW FB02 using mouse around blackwood.

My pb is capped at 1:15.33 and I can't seem to hit the 1:14

Obviously it's impossible to module the gas and brake pedal, so I was wondering what kind of driving techniques are handy for mouse users.
Study the replay of the fastest mouse-driven hotlap from LFSW.
youre very good. i only managed a 1:16 afair with a g25
Quote from Stefani24 :youre very good. i only managed a 1:16 afair with a g25

the trick is the hammer on the throttle right when you release the brakes
Quote from Stefani24 :youre very good. i only managed a 1:16 afair with a g25

It's normal he's racing the same track for now 4 years.
Im finding keyboard a better option, im learning to heel and toe with keyboard (already learnt just need to steer with one had which is difficult) try keys i can get a constant low 1:14's at blackwood.
mouse & keyboard user here, and my best time with FBM is 1:25 (Yes. I'm really bad with single seaters:tilt

That's why i started drifting
14:98

ahh, finally

made a lot of crappy turns too on that lap.
Quote from CobraDrifter :It's normal he's racing the same track for now 4 years.

That's a fair point. How can you find the same track appealing for over 4 years? I'm even beginning to get tired of S2 combos...
my friend can do a 1:13 with a keyboard, i dont think its that hard to do it. The WR is almost 1:11 so its nothing spectacular.
1:11! omg!

so far, my PB is only 14:38 and that's still pretty slow

Keyboard is kinda cheap since it uses autosteer lol
first lap after i read this thread

gears on keyboard, steering/throttle/brake on Logitech MX Revolution

theres muuuch room to improved. but i cant get near the wr
Attached images
blgp_11499_screama.jpeg
Quote from screama :first lap after i read this thread

Wow your game looks different than mine. There seems to be a groove on the outside part of the tires, and the crowd looks different. You can pick out individual spectators and they all look unique.

Maybe I'm just misremembering though, because I haven't played in a couple days and I'm 200 miles away from my LFS-capable PC.
Looks normal enough to me
mouse users must die... or buy a wheel
Quote from Jonas8431 :mouse users must die... or buy a wheel

i will use your own avatar as a response to you
#18 - AMB
Just started back up on this combo, ( i use G25 ) previous pb was 1:14.7 beat it and it's now 1:13.7,
Quote from Jonas8431 :mouse users must die... or buy a wheel

keyboard users must die... or buy a mouse.

Am I lacking link between lamas and monkeys?
I've used basically every other control method apart from mouse...and wheel is best
Well i been playing with mouse for some time now, now i play both with mouse and wheel. PB with mouse is 1.13.8x if im not mistaken.. wheel is 1.13.12. Yes with wheel its easier, but you can get 1.12 with mouse if you want to. Even with keyboard .

So, first go to the setup your using - id suggest u used the one of team inferno, WR setup, its really good - decrease turning angle, which works like lowering the sensitivity on a First Person Shooter. This will make you get better precision. If im not mistaken 14º was what i had on FBM when i played with it, just find one with which you can turn enough for turn one on blackwood.

Then go to options, and change the speed that the throttle goes from zero to full. You don't want it to go too fast, so you are able to have medium throttle if you want, but not too slow, so you still can change guears quick, and get good reactions.

You might aswell play with desmultiplier? on options, i have it on default and am happy with it, but you might feel better with some other config.

And finally watch some folks that use mouse who do good times and mimic them, and watch the WR as well, its almost as fast as it can be, almost perfect.

I think thats all..

Good luck
To be honest if you want to be competitive buy a wheel! I have a £45 wheel and I have already got through one of them and my second one is vertiually new. My old wheel last me a year with a few little repairs but I abused it ALOT. If I rolled I would hit it as hard as I could... If the internet went down I would do it the same!

But Is it worth while getting a G25, do they make a 'massive' difference???

Matty
The G25 mightn't necessarliy make you faster, but it will greatly increase your experience and involvement. Then again, it may well make you faster. I'm about 3 secs per lap faster now with my G25, than when I used a PS3 controller...

Mouse users
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG