The online racing simulator
Quote from J@tko :Please try and keep suggestions to this season only. However, I'll take this into account.

Draft Programme for Season 2:
BL1 - XFG/XRG (worked well)
FE1 - UF1 (we can't make a mess of the UF1, surely!)
KY2 - TBO (moved TBO track)
WE1 - FBM (double header)
BL2 - ROAD CARS (moved track )
AS5 - GTR (enduro - moved track)
either:
SO1 - LRF or
AS3 - FOX

Sounds great

Please not LRFs @ SO - Think about it...

South city, a tight street circuit where the slightest mistake could stuff you head on into a wall. There is little space on SO tracks as it is, so a crashed car could cause a major pile up

LRFs - High powered RWD cars that are quite difficult to control, therefore, crashes/spinouts are more likely. I also have fears that this could turn into some sort of dorifto round if we're not careful

Trust me, we're just asking for trouble.

I take it FE1 is FE Club? If so I pwn at FE Club
Quote from JO53PHS :Sounds great

Please not LRFs @ SO - Think about it...

South city, a tight street circuit where the slightest mistake could stuff you head on into a wall. There is little space on SO tracks as it is, so a crashed car could cause a major pile up

LRFs - High powered RWD cars that are quite difficult to control, therefore, crashes/spinouts are more likely. I also have fears that this could turn into some sort of dorifto round if we're not careful

Trust me, we're just asking for trouble.

I've picked the track carefully.

Even I can't spin an LRF car at Turn 1. Turn 2 will be fine - i barely see any crashes there even on Race 1. The chicane is too tight to fit 2 LRF cars through, so it's one wide. The final corner is wide and fast. I don't see too many accidents.
Quote from J@tko :I've picked the track carefully.

Even I can't spin an LRF car at Turn 1. Turn 2 will be fine - i barely see any crashes there even on Race 1. The chicane is too tight to fit 2 LRF cars through, so it's one wide. The final corner is wide and fast. I don't see too many accidents.

I suppose.

It all depends how much skill next year's competitors have... or don't have

EDIT: Hang on a minute... THAT SUCKS... What happened to out XF-JR / UF-BR Round??? That was just the best (at least the cars were anyway) We just need to work on the balancing more and choose a different track (maybe?) and it will be great.

If we invite people to a 'test evening' we can be sure that our balancing isn't an epic fail
Are we allowed do the lfsbc next season? Because we are not going to be beginners. You could make a new championship called the lfs intermediate cup?
Quote from pacesetter :Are we allowed do the lfsbc next season? Because we are not going to be beginners. You could make a new championship called the lfs intermediate cup?

You're not allowed to do the LFSBC next year...

I'm not sure about the Intermediate cup lol

Cos In a few years we will have a whole load of cups for different skill levels
Quote from pacesetter :Are we allowed do the lfsbc next season? Because we are not going to be beginners. You could make a new championship called the lfs intermediate cup?

Quote from JO53PHS :You're not allowed to do the LFSBC next year...

I'm not sure about the Intermediate cup lol

Cos In a few years we will have a whole load of cups for different skill levels

If it's not too far in the future, you might be able to enter again in a 'not quite so beginner' class, alongside the 'rookie' class.

Let's see how it pans out.
Quote from J@tko :If it's not too far in the future, you might be able to enter again in a 'not quite so beginner' class, alongside the 'rookie' class.

Let's see how it pans out.

Actually that would be a good Idea with different classes

Like they have in the BritCar race thingy
Maybe give the racers from the previous year a +10 restriction or something?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Maybe give the racers from the previous year a +10 restriction or something?

Yes, icsactly!! We could start at the back of the grid with a delayed start or we could even run at a different time eg. 6pm to 7pm and 7pm to 8pm?
Hmm, I 'd prefer to stay in the same race as the beginners...But we could give them half a lap headstart or something?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Maybe give the racers from the previous year a +10 restriction or something?

Quote from dougie-lampkin :Hmm, I 'd prefer to stay in the same race as the beginners...But we could give them half a lap headstart or something?

I'll think about this one. It'll probably involve the 'not so beginner's class' having something 'stupid', e.g rallycross tyres on, or 45% restriction, or something like that. The 'rookie' class is the main class.
45% restriction? lol the beginners will lap the others
Quote from J@tko :I'll think about this one. It'll probably involve the 'not so beginner's class' having something 'stupid', e.g rallycross tyres on, or 45% restriction, or something like that. The 'rookie' class is the main class.

Well If we're going to go down the stupid route (:razz then I suggest that we just attend for fun and to help the beginners.

Because we would stand no chance of even having a good race if we had massive restrictions and stupid tyres. As dougie said, we would be lapped
Quote from dougie-lampkin :45% restriction? lol the beginners will lap the others

Quote from JO53PHS :Well If we're going to go down the stupid route (:razz then I suggest that we just attend for fun and to help the beginners.

Because we would stand no chance of even having a good race if we had massive restrictions and stupid tyres. As dougie said, we would be lapped

OK, that was a bit of an exaggeration. At each race, the non-beginner's will have either a restriction/weight penalty/pit stop/whatever to make them slower than the rest. This means they can run their own race and not interfer with the 'rookie' class, whilst still having fun.
Quote from J@tko :OK, that was a bit of an exaggeration. At each race, the non-beginner's will have either a restriction/weight penalty/pit stop/whatever to make them slower than the rest. This means they can run their own race and not interfer with the 'rookie' class, whilst still having fun.

Lol How about we race with Bottoming out suspension, mad cambers, 50% restriction, rallyx tyres and stupidly slow gear ratios

Actually, with a car that was in that state we would be a hazard to the beginners
Draft Calendar with NB's restriction (Non-Beginner's) [just suggestions]

BL1 - XFG/XRG (run with knobblies on driven wheels)
FE1 - UF1 (havn't thought of one!)
KY2 - TBO (ditto)
WE1 - FBM (10% restriction)
BL2 - ROAD CARS (Pit Stop)
AS5 - GTR (GT2 class)
either:
SO1 - LRF or
AS3 - FOX (50kg weight)
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Hmm, I 'd prefer to stay in the same race as the beginners...But we could give them half a lap headstart or something?

In some of the real racing classes in ireland they have a headstart system like what Rob said
Yup I was at a RallyX thing in Mondello (which actually has no rally bit, but anyway...) and there were like 3 classes in the one race, group 3 went first, with a 30 second headstart, group 2 went then, with a 10 second headstart over group 1, and then group 1 went...it was really cool, because IIRC laptimes were like 45 seconds
Why doesn't the class have a set online distance restriction e.g. 10 000 km? that way there is a line in the sand, cause after one season i'm not going to be comfortable enough to race in the big time yet
Quote from mccoll99 :Why doesn't the class have a set online distance restriction e.g. 10 000 km? that way there is a line in the sand, cause after one season i'm not going to be comfortable enough to race in the big time yet

yes hes right
It would be cool if it was Premiership style - the BC being Division 3, and the top 3 get promoted into Division 2, and so on. And the bottom 3 in each season get demoted. If there was enough people it could be super cool
Quote from dougie-lampkin :It would be cool if it was Premiership style - the BC being Division 3, and the top 3 get promoted into Division 2, and so on. And the bottom 3 in each season get demoted. If there was enough people it could be super cool

Strangely enough, I was thinking of something like this the other day. However, it's far and away beyond my oranising capabilities and relies on long-term commitment from drivers, which is not possible.
Quote from J@tko :Strangely enough, I was thinking of something like this the other day. However, it's far and away beyond my oranising capabilities and relies on long-term commitment from drivers, which is not possible.

Jack is right, a multi-class cup would require a great deal of organisation and, i think, goes against what he started out to achieve in the first place. This is where you cut your teeth at racing. Once you've had a go, you move on. Being the top driver at the beginner cup series after series is not what we should be aspiring to!!

Something we could do - and this is a bit out-of-the-box - is form some kind of partnership with a major race series that us beginners "graduate" to after achieving some success here at the LFSBC. That way were not hanging round preventing true beginners from a chance at winning, nor are we cast out after a single season on our own. We get to know people at the LFSBC and it would be nice to carry on racing with them in future. It also takes away the organisational burden as the series we would join is already up and running. In return, they would get a nice constant stream of eager, decent drivers entering their series.

win-win?
Quote from TomMK :

Something we could do - and this is a bit out-of-the-box - is form some kind of partnership with a major race series that us beginners "graduate" to after achieving some success here at the LFSBC. That way were not hanging round preventing true beginners from a chance at winning, nor are we cast out after a single season on our own. We get to know people at the LFSBC and it would be nice to carry on racing with them in future. It also takes away the organisational burden as the series we would join is already up and running. In return, they would get a nice constant stream of eager, decent drivers entering their series.

win-win?

Thats a very good idea

We just need to choose a decent league that intermediate/beginners would like
Will the slower drivers this year be allowed to re-enter?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG