The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
So, we're at the halfway point!
Well, we've made it to the halfway point of the first season.

I think you'll agree that we've had ups and downs, but we're going upwards and onwards.

Please, in here, post anything you like about the series.

Please be truthful and honest (and blunt, if needs be!). Post what you think the series has been like so far, and what you think needs improving for the second half of the season. We'd like input from everyone if possible. Also, I'll be PMming all those who signed up, and havnt yet turned up

The second half includes what should be some cracking combos, including the 'endurance' race and the double header at Aston.
Heh well I started the season well but got worst and worst O_O..

Hopefully second half will be better even though I dont really have much experience in GTR's or Single Seaters.

The league seems really good but im still a bit anoyed by some of the bumping/not clean racing. As for the race officials well I still think my first penalty was harsh but its too late now.

Good job on the league and hope you learn from this!
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by J@tko
#3 - J@tko
Quote from JO53PHS :GRR Im getting sick of pointless threads

I vote we change this to 'Improvement suggestions for the LFSBC'

I'm getting sick of pointless posts.......
Well, despite all the happenings, I think this series might be a succé also in the future. The best thing is probably that there's a lot of competition, so it's not just driving in a queue in the grid order.

Maybe the calendar could be a little more spacious. It is fun to have a race every week, but it is still every single week.

Quote from No-one, since Jack deleted the post :GRR Im getting sick of pointless threads

I vote we change this to 'Improvement suggestions for the LFSBC'

Please don't complain about too many threads in a discussion forum. It's like complaining that there's too much air in the sky.
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by JO53PHS : So that Jack doesn't get annoyed :-)
-
(evilpimp) DELETED by J@tko
-
(hyntty) DELETED by J@tko
#5 - J@tko
Quote from hyntty :Well, despite all the happenings, I think this series might be a succé also in the future. The best thing is probably that there's a lot of competition, so it's not just driving in a queue in the grid order.

Maybe the calendar could be a little more spacious. It is fun to have a race every week, but it is still every single week.

Thanks for the comments. What does succé mean?

Quote from JO53PHS :Meh..

But there is too much air in the sky!! I don't like it

Please read my last post.
#7 - TG44
Quote from J@tko :Thanks for the comments. What does succé mean?

It's success in swedish.. lol

i think that this race was much better and more organized than the first three races. i'm happy as long as it doesn't go back down.
Quote from J@tko :Thanks for the comments. What does succé mean?

It is stupid swedish for succés (french), which is success in english.

Back on the topic (weirdy), the series should't be run by a fellow, who exploits loopholes in the rules, which he himself made... Just a thought
Quote from hyntty :It is stupid swedish for succés (french), which is success in english.

Back on the topic (weirdy), the series should't be run by a fellow, who exploits loopholes in the rules, which he himself made... Just a thought

Are you talking about Jack or dekojester lol

And what loopholes is he exploiting?
Quote from hyntty :Back on the topic (weirdy), the series should't be run by a fellow, who exploits loopholes in the rules, which he himself made... Just a thought

I didn't make the rules

It wasn't a loophole, it was a rule that wasn't written. Technically, I'm merely a competitor that happens to organise the events. Dekojester is the rules man.
Quote from J@tko :I didn't make the rules

It wasn't a loophole, it was a rule that wasn't written. Technically, I'm merely a competitor that happens to organise the events. Dekojester is the rules man.

I personally think you're an organiser who also wants to compete

IMO everything has gone quite well so far.

We need 'safer' combos next year as the main problems we had were

Crappy combo --> Cars crashing --> SC deployed = Crap race

I don't want combos to be boring, for example, I think that R3 was a success in terms of the combo chosen

But I think we should have shorter or less frequent SC periods
The seriers has been great for me. What else would I be doing of a Sunday evening? (CLC no doubt :nod

If I may make one criticism: I don't think the rules were explained very well to some people. I mean, in the lag start, when I saw Juuretis and Jack shoot past me with no hesitation, under a red flag, I sighed. A lot. I was especially disappointed that it was those 2, as Jack wrote the bloody rules, and Juuretis already was disqualified for doing that in another race...

As for the SC periods, they are good, but only if they are 1 or 2 laps. After that, it's just ridiculous. IRL a car could be brought back to the pits, fixed, and caught up with the rest of the pack in that time
Quote from dougie-lampkin :The seriers has been great for me. What else would I be doing of a Sunday evening? (CLC no doubt :nod

If I may make one criticism: I don't think the rules were explained very well to some people. I mean, in the lag start, when I saw Juuretis and Jack shoot past me with no hesitation, under a red flag, I sighed. A lot. I was especially disappointed that it was those 2, as Jack wrote the bloody rules, and Juuretis already was disqualified for doing that in another race...

As for the SC periods, they are good, but only if they are 1/2 laps. After that, it's just ridiculous. IRL a car could be brought back to the pits, fixed, and caught up with the rest of the pack in that time

Well at least next year we will have finalised on the rules and we will be able to shove a proper rulebook in front of the racers' noses

Hopefully people will take more notice of the rules in future.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA : Yup, that just about sums it up...

There's been some hiccups here & there but for a first-time series/league/cup catering only for beginners, I think it's fulfilling it's aim to serve as an introduction to league racing.

I for one will feel so much more confident should I enter another league in the future...& without participating in this one I probably wouldn't have found that confidence to enter an established league with the all of the veterans out there. It would be too much of a daunting prospect for me!

Sure, there's some dodgy moments in the races amongst the competitors, but for a series aimed solely at beginners that must be expected.

The organisers are doing a mighty fine job for their first ever time running a league. There's not many people who'd sacrifice the effort & time they do/have to make all this possible.
And they can't/don't get everything right the first time. Examples: combo choices like FernBay Rally, some SC decisions have been a bit off & the rules & regulations are always changed for the better when needed which is good.
Should it be run again next year, I think it'll be alot easier for you guys as all the rules would be in place & you'd have a good idea of how everything will go & what needs to be done.

Only suggestion I can think of is that next time (should you do it again) maybe have a mid-season break or two? Every week is a little bit too much. Like at this point, half way, take a week off!

Well, good job so far, keep it up lads.

I totally agree

If everything had gone totally smoothly in the first season of the LFSBC, then I would say something was wrong.
Quote from JO53PHS :I totally agree

If everything had gone totally smoothly in the first season of the LFSBC, then I would say something was wrong.

lol just look at your sig! That's the sig of an interesting league season
Quote from dougie-lampkin :lol just look at your sig! That's the sig of an interesting league season

I hope to be able to add to it by the end of Race 5

Hopefully the new acheivement won't be in the form of a massive crash or epic fail
Quote from dougie-lampkin :

I mean, in the lag start, when I saw Juuretis and Jack shoot past me with no hesitation, under a red flag, I sighed. A lot. I was especially disappointed that it was those 2, as Jack wrote the bloody rules, and Juuretis already was disqualified for doing that in another race...

I have an excuse!

My computer is seriously rubbish, and so I have LOD turned right down. Therefore, I go past people sometimes without seeing them beforehand. That's what happenned here. I shot past all of you, without really seeing you (bit of a last minute left to miss mistatea!) I would have let you all past again, but seeing as it was a lag start anyway, I didn't bother. Yes, I should have and I'm sorry.

Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :
I for one will feel so much more confident should I enter another league in the future...& without participating in this one I probably wouldn't have found that confidence to enter an established league with the all of the veterans out there. It would be too much of a daunting prospect for me!

That's exactly what we wanted. And I think you won't do too badly in any Leagues you enter

Sure, there's some dodgy moments in the races amongst the competitors, but for a series aimed solely at beginners that must be expected.

Exactly. There's been a bit more 'contact' than I expected, but never mind.

The organisers are doing a mighty fine job for their first ever time running a league. There's not many people who'd sacrifice the effort & time they do/have to make all this possible.
And they can't/don't get everything right the first time. Examples: combo choices like FernBay Rally, some SC decisions have been a bit off & the rules & regulations are always changed for the better when needed which is good.
Should it be run again next year, I think it'll be alot easier for you guys as all the rules would be in place & you'd have a good idea of how everything will go & what needs to be done.

Exactly. Season 2 will be a breeze (I hope!)
Only suggestion I can think of is that next time (should you do it again) maybe have a mid-season break or two? Every week is a little bit too much. Like at this point, half way, take a week off!

This seems a popular suggestion, and will almost certainly be implemented for Season 2.

Well, good job so far, keep it up lads.

Thanks
Ah that's what I did

I was fiddling with the settings yesterday to try and squeeze more power out of my PC, and I turned LOD all the way down. And the cars started looking like building blocks and I was like

But now I have 40FPS on the grid
Please can I have comments on the length of the races. They're perfect for me, but I'm not sure about anyone else.
I think they're just right. They allow for competitive racing, yet they're not too demanding on beginners. Nice choices IMO
I'm enjoying it.. a few accidents here and there.. which pretty much sucks.. But I've been getting better and I don't come last now so I'm really happy! =]
Why we dont have UF1 round? these cars are all about good setups and track knowledge, no high speeds, just good tactics and stability. We could do some round in FE Club or some other not very fast track
Yes, I would like to see a UF1 round in the next season, perhaps on AS1?
Quote from kABLiuks :Why we dont have UF1 round? these cars are all about good setups and track knowledge, no high speeds, just good tactics and stability. We could do some round in FE Club or some other not very fast track

Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yes, I would like to see a UF1 round in the next season, perhaps on AS1?

Please try and keep suggestions to this season only. However, I'll take this into account.

Draft Programme for Season 2:
BL1 - XFG/XRG (worked well)
FE1 - UF1 (we can't make a mess of the UF1, surely!)
KY2 - TBO (moved TBO track)
WE1 - FBM (double header)
BL2 - ROAD CARS (moved track )
AS5 - GTR (enduro - moved track)
either:
SO1 - LRF or
AS3 - FOX

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG