The online racing simulator
...And then I got arrested.
(123 posts, started )
You're a newb.
Please stay away from the "all/only Rockbands take drugs" topic. If someone tells this again, I'll tell you a loooong looong story, thus making the thread unreadable.

greetz

der butz
I don't really see the problem with weed other than the fact it's illegal which means that there's no safe reliable source and you can get yourself into trouble over nothing. Why it's illegal is beyond me, obviously there are some risks but in the end of the day there's a lot of evidence to support it being safer than tobacco and alcohol. Personally I've never done anything illegal for the simple fact I don't want or need to, I have friends who smoke weed and seem to be perfectly fine and far less addicted to it than most smokers. Having said that though some of my friends have been expelled for failing a blood test after being suspected of smoking weed and I could quite happily stand outside a pub having a fag and my teachers not batter an eyelid

Quote from The Moose :Maybe in Finland....

Over here we seem to have moved on a little. The police aren't interested in wasting their time on dope possession, for any skin colour.

No speed tickets are far more lucrative.
Quote from ajp71 :Having said that though some of my friends have been expelled for failing a blood test after being suspected of smoking weed

They actually do blood tests at schools there when under suspicion? And also expel someone for it as if it's going to ... fix it?

"Get out of here come back when you have less THC in your blood"?

Ridiculous.
If you are a drug dealer, then here you have your punishment
Quote from th84 :If your gonna smoke pot (lord knows Ive smoked a ton of it)......

No way! I never would have guessed!

Quote :P.S. Dont allow the reefer to be a gateway drug for others. Stick with the pot (if your gonna do anything) and leave the harder stuff alone!

Indeed, though I don't believe for a minute that smoking marijuana is a gateway to other drugs. It is the social environment that you are in that is the gateway.

Quote from Tristan :Do you really think he was charged with intent to supply for half a gram?

Indeed I do. Any drug related charge where I am would be "possession with intent to sell" if it was packaged up. Well, if you have it loose before rolling a joint, or more than a pipeful already in a pipe, then it will be packaged up in a plastic baggie. Thus, they initially will charge you with "intent to sell".

I feel for you, dropin bikin. There is nothing wrong with marijuana use, especially with the problem of other drugs that are far worse, INCLUDING alcohol. Good luck!
Quote from NitroNitrous :If you are a drug dealer, then here you have your punishment

A dealer would have more than 0.2 grams, NN.
Quote from garph :Maybe he was going to sell it to kids? They wouldn't need as much right, they are only small!

....selling drugs to little kids, man alive, you people make me sick!

Quote from The Moose :jeez, who said he was selling it to kids (if he was selling it at all, which i very much doubt). Keep your assumptions to yourself until you have some facts.

LMAO! I hate to say you're stupid my man but, you're stupid.

Just incase somone needs a bigger sign, I was joking, I thought it was obvious but maybe not..........
My respect for you has dropped so low right now that you have no idea that it can go that low...and there actually was some

Someday you will have kids, and some punk ass drug dealer like you is going to sell them dope...how are going to feel about that?

I really hope this teaches you a lesson even if it takes a year or a few...
#36 - th84
Wow! Thats about all I can say.
Can I be the first?...

"Drugs are bad mmmkay?"

Also, I totally agree with Squids comment.
Lotta people being really judgmental behind the safe ol' computer screen in this here thread.
Behind a monitor or IRL, I still have no respect for drug users. Class A or C.
#40 - th84
OMG! How ever will I move on from this!?!

I am no longer respected by the duke's car because I smoke pot! Ill never sleep again!
Quote from The General Lee :Behind a monitor or IRL, I still have no respect for drug users. Class A or C.

What about legal drug users? Smokers and binge drinkers result in far more deaths, crimes, social issues, drain on the NHS and cost to businesses than illegal drug abuse.
lol, squidhead

On topic: Penalizing like that is really stupid, but don't you guys agree that a 15-year-old shouldn't need to carry any intoxicants in school?
Quote from ajp71 :What about legal drug users? Smokers and binge drinkers result in far more deaths, crimes, social issues, drain on the NHS and cost to businesses than illegal drug abuse.

I see your point, but this guy (according to his profile) is 15.

Maybe I was a little harsh and too quick off the line when I said I have no respect for them, but I should of been more specific.

But cannabis is a Class C drug now, which in this country still makes it illegal to sell, possess, or allow the use of cannabis in your own home. I'm not sure what the law is in Canada, but Bryan had it in school at the age of 15. He sounds like he has learnt from it, but I really enjoyed reading his car write ups, he has talent and I had respect for him.

I remember him saying he really wanted a Supra because his cousin has one or something and the first thing I thought was, I think you might wanna get back on the straight and narrow quick if you wanna own a Supra.

If you smoke pot in your own house with your mates while drinking and playing the xBox then I'm not worried ever so much, but for a 15 year old kid to have it in his bag at school? Come on.

The first thing he said was he didn't want to brag etc. which shows he has his head screwed on.

I drink, I don't smoke and I don't do drugs. I have never even put a cigarette in my mouth. I seem to get a lot more respect from my 'elders' than the smokers of my age.

It wasn't a dig at anyone who does drugs, but as a non-drug taker, I just can't look at someone the same once I know they use drugs. Maybe I'm just a big girls blouse, I don't know.

It's almost like someone who doesn't speed having no respect for someone who speeds all the time. The majority of the people who would of responded to my comment about not respecting drug takers are more than likely going to be drug users themselves at one point of another. It's like you would expect a non-speeder to moan about speeders, then a speeder saying "There is nothing wrong with speeding as long as its in a sensible place."

P.S. th84, I am not actually the Dukes car, that is just my user name. I am a human, but thanks for the sarcasm.
One day I'll be tall enough to get on my very own high horse.
Some of you little bitches need to get a grip...

Firstly, you don't even know the guy more then his LFS persona so whatever bullshit judgement you pass on him is completely meaningless and just dramatization. The only respect you should have lost is self respect, due to the rubble you've gone and posted that made you sound like a drama queen.

All I can say is you're an idiot for taking it into school and now you should just take whatever comes to you and move on, it'll probably be laughed out of court anyway.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Lotta people being really judgmental behind the safe ol' computer screen in this here thread.

Too much moralism indeed. I could talk about one of my best friends. I won't enter in any detail, but let's say kilograms, a decade ago, internationally.

More than two years in prison, not in Italy. If he got busted in the Netherlands, he would have paid a €500 in fines.

He doesn't regret it, although he obviously has nothing to do with drug trafficking anymore. He had some very personal and tragic reasons, but he doesn't pretend those reasons were good. He knew what he could risk and accepted it. He paid for it. The only fight he had in his entire life was in jail, with a heroin addict who was desperately trying to find a dose, shouting from the window. That guy got a raw beating.

He's one of the cleanest, most sensible persons I've encountered in my whole life, and for sure one of the best. No matter what he did, he can claim he harmed no one, and it's true.

Half a gram is nothing in Western Europe, and the intent to sell accusation would probably grant a reprimand for an over-zealous officer since the quantity is laughable even for extremely high quality stuff.

Alcohol kills - directly and indirectly - much more than marijuana. If some forum moralist ever got drunk in his life he should stop talking. He would have done much, much worse to him, and if he drove, to others.

Edit: reading Hankstar's post below, I agree: don't minimise, don't deny, show awareness, don't be defiant, accept without contradicting and find a lawyer with a good record in small drug dealing/personal possession defense if you can, to have first-hand professional advice.
Bummer Bryan.

I don't know about Canadian law so I don't know what penalty you can expect, but you're a minor and (I assume) this is your first offence. Just be honest with your folks and the judge and don't try and defend what you did. A conviction, regardless of penalty, might see you expelled from school so perhaps prepare yourself for that possibility. Also, best thing to do would be to lay off the shit for a while and clear your head. That might sound utterly contrary to how you feel right now but a break from weed at any time is good for you. Hey, you might not have a choice in the matter anyway, I assume you'll be closely supervised But since you've got some free time, why don't you ask a bud to bring home some school work for you, or perhaps ask your folks to contact your teachers so they can arrange something. If you're getting good grades already, try and keep up! It's good for you (obviously) and will also show your folks, the school and the police that you're not a total loss and you're serious about your work. If you can, don't let your schoolwork slide. Even if your school does expel you, you're going to end up in another one and you want to be keeping up as much as you can. Main thing is: while you've got this time, don't be tempted to sit around and smoke all day. You've got something to prove now: you can be worthwhile despite making a bad choice.

I had a couple of legal issues (not drug-related) at school, so I know the alternating chills & numbness of cops and parents throwing the book at you. It was 15 years ago so I've got some perspective on it. The best thing you can do is man up, accept the consequences and remind yourself you're not a total loss and you're essentially a decent guy (if that's what you are ) who made a bad decision. It'll all be over in a coupla months and once it is you can stop dwelling, pick yourself up and get on with your life. As long as your folks don't hold a grudge and they love & support you (even if they do loathe what you've done!) you'll be fine. No way in hell they were perfect as kids right?

And don't buy all this reactionary bullshit about weed being a gateway drug (I'm sure you don't anyway). It's pure propaganda, going right back to the 1930s (with that awesome film "Reefer Madness" ). People who end up shooting up smack under a bridge and stealing TVs to pay for it (like a few former friends of mine) would have likely ended up doing it anway with the people they were hanging around with. Doesn't mean it won't happen to you - always be mindful of the people you hang with and what they do. Listen to any alarm bells in your head, they're worth paying attention to.

I started smoking in my teens and still smoke it here and there. It's never inspired me to get into anything harder, nor has it done the same with any of the many, many people I know who like a puff now and again. Those people I know who ended up addicted to smack were people who consistently made bad choices whatever the situation and had no self-control. Many all had drinking problems to start with, oddly enough, not weed habits. Most of the time it's the legal drugs you gotta watch out for - noone I ever heard of beat his wife & kids, lost his job and ended up living on the street because he liked the odd bong. I saw my uncle's family destroyed by his drinking and it wasn't overnight, it took years to slowly unravel everything that was good in his life. He stopped drinking a while back and everyone's forgiven him, but he still feels too ashamed to come to family gatherings - didn't even stay at his daughter's wedding for more than a half hour! That kinda thing's never happened to any smoker I know.

Hell, I took a legal, addictive drug myself for ten years, spent loads of money it (even stealing cash from my dad when I was 16, completely retarded) and quitting that stuff was the best thing I ever did! If you're gonna smoke something, stay the hell away from tobacco. Not only is it the worst possible thing you can do for your body and ferociously addictive, when you buy cigarettes (at those ridiculous prices) you're giving most of the money to the damn government in tax anyway.

I dunno, just remind yourself you're not a goddam criminal mastermind, trying to corrupt young minds as some people may have you believe. You're a normal kid (with a good playlist - add The Mars Volta to it !) who got busted doing something stupid (yep, taking the shit to school is, basically, stupid and I won't mince words about it) and now you've got to pay for it. But it won't ruin your life if you don't let it! Make people focus on the positive things about you, not this little speed-hump. It'll be a life lesson. Hell, not learning from this would be stupider than doing it in the first place

Good luck
H
Quote from xaotik :One day I'll be tall enough to get on my very own high horse.

The advantage of being six foot four, I guess...
#49 - th84
Quote from The General Lee :

P.S. th84, I am not actually the Dukes car, that is just my user name. I am a human, but thanks for the sarcasm.

All I can say is that be honest with yourself and with that court case. That's all really.

...And then I got arrested.
(123 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG