The online racing simulator
What is your favorite driving songs?
(44 posts, started )
Forgive me if this has been done before, but what do the LFS drivers like to listen to while driving.
Something that gets you pumped
Nothing like the grind of David Gilmore's guitar solo in Comfortably Numb on a sweet car sound system cranked to the max, expecially the version on the live albumn Pulse. Or I occasionally go the other way and it's something from Metallica. But probably 90% of the time it's Gilmore's guitar - Comfortably Numb, Sorrow, Time, Shine on You Crazy Diamond, On the Turning Away.... And, no, I'm not smoking anything while I drive and listen, hehe.
Depends on my mood

Paul Oakenfold - Ready Steady
Paul Oakenfold - Southern Sun
Apollo Four Forty - Ain't talking 'bout a dub
Pink Floyd - Sorrow
Prodigy - Smack my **** up
Bran van 3000 - Drinking in LA
Nirvana - The Man Who Sold The World
Nirvana - Plateau
Nirvana - Lake Of Fire
RadioHead - Karma Police
Tom Petty - Running down a dream
Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the dark
Boston - Smokin'
George Thorogood - Long gone

And other stuff like that, mostly... when driving IRL. I still can't understand anyone listening to music while playing a race sim.
Offspring (the one with the skeleton) is nice to drive carefully lol
Quote from NONo443 :Forgive me if this has been done before, but what do the LFS drivers like to listen to while driving.

the engine
Steppenwolf - Born to be wild.

This song is always associated by me with going quickly, as it was used in a Anti-Speeding campaign on tv when I was just a little gobbler. They showed that guy racing down the road and having a fatal accident (staged of course)... But somehow, I just memorized it as "Running on a highway, looking for adventure" equals speed. Which is not too far fetched anyway, if you think about it
Let's see... Depending on where I'm driving I like to listen to the:
NFS Underground Soundtracks (including MW) - the Urban/rap songs : When queued up in one of the many traffic jams we have.
NFS Underground Soundtracks (including MW) - the speedy metal/dance songs : When driving in cities
The Crystal Method - Vegas : When going really fast on the freeways
Quote from TagForce :[...]
The Crystal Method - Vegas : When going really fast on the freeways

how fast is really fast? betya i'm allowed to go faster :P

Initial D OST is fine for driving fast
#11 - Vain
I always listen to the same band, but the number of band-members and their style of music depends on the car. It's always 4 wheels, but depending on the car 4 to 8 cylinders.

Vain
Quote from herki :how fast is really fast? betya i'm allowed to go faster :P

Initial D OST is fine for driving fast

Yes, you're allowed to go faster... Doesn't mean you are going faster
Quote from TagForce :Yes, you're allowed to go faster... Doesn't mean you are going faster

Hahaha. There was a time in my younger days when I spent more time above 100 mph than below it. Anymore with wife and kids to take care of, I'm rarely above 70 now. Though I did drive to Akron, OH the other day in around an hour. It's 104 miles from my house.
Quote from TagForce :Yes, you're allowed to go faster... Doesn't mean you are going faster

yeah, that why i wrote "allowed"... i don't use the autobahns too often, even if I would - I still can't afford something more powerful than my 55hp '92 polo

how fast can you go before the caravan begins to disintegrate anyway ?
Though I don't have a car but AC/DC is perfect for that purpose.
Quote from Shotglass :how fast can you go before the caravan begins to disintegrate anyway ?

LOL illepall
I wouldn't know... I can't attach anything to the back of my car unless I drill a huge hole into my rear bumper... Which wouldn't look good.
It's just old people that have caravans.. That's why they drive so shitty... Yeah, we have a LOT of old people
Quote from ColeusRattus :Steppenwolf - Born to be wild.

That song only works on straight roads
And I would imagine if you had Harley Davidson (or some other custom motorbike) and you would turn to a straight desert road in America that song would start to play.. out of thin air

The Top Gear did a survey about the best driving songs, the top 5 is good for driving.
And here are few of my personal favorites:
Robert Tepper - No Easy Way Out
The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
Iron Maiden - Running Free
Boys of Summer, Don Henley or The Ataris version.
Dio - I Speed at Night
Anything Heavy Metal - from Seraphidian, Metallica, to Slayer and Father Ted quotes; "what would the following words suggest to you; jack. sleepwalking and bollock naked"
Quote from geeman1 :Robert Tepper - No Easy Way Out

Survivor cover?
the engine
Quote from deggis :Survivor cover?

Nope. But it was in Rocky 4
"Crystal Method - Trip Like I Do" is a good one
I better not start arguing about certain music tastes should i? Especially the poster above me

(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG