The online racing simulator
[FORUM] Upgrade?
(23 posts, started )
[FORUM] Upgrade?
Hey!

Just a suggestion, how about upgrading the forum to vBulletin 3.7.0?

Ash
#2 - Bean0
3.7.0 is still in Beta at the moment.
Not worth risking it with a live forum IMO.
Is it? I thought it was the real thing, because they did do 3.6.8 Beta's :l

Hmm ok
Even any difference?
#5 - Bean0
Quote from mcgas001 :Even any difference?

3.7.0 has a lot of 'social networking' bits, although I imagine they will be turned off on most vB boards.
hmm ok.
Had a quick look at the enhancements; to be honest, apart from the moderating additions it's pretty much crap. Thread tags + tag clouds? Thread prefixes? MySpace-like profile pages with atrocious "customization" and superficial friends lists? Oh come on...
That's t3h sh14t!!! People need a friends list since they can't get real frends! So they must get them over the tubes!!!!!
Could be an idea as one or two features look good, but the ChavSpace ideas don't.
#10 - xt
Im voting for quick and light forum like this one
I really want an option to add an attachement in a private message
I want the forum to have a "modern" style. Now it's a bit boring. Whaddayathink?
Also don't forget that the forum is fairly modified to allow it to work with the LFS.net system, so porting any patches may well take some time, depending on how much has changed and how much LFS.net differs.
I say we get the lot. Just need to change the domain to lfsbook.com and we're all set.
Quote from Bob Smith :I say we get the lot. Just need to change the domain to lfsbook.com and we're all set.

LOL
Well, why doesn't someone develop a Live For Speed facebook app

OK, I wouldn't use it as I don't wave my e-penis in people's faces but some people would.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I want the forum to have a "modern" style. Now it's a bit boring. Whaddayathink?

What do I think? I hate "modern" style. I change everything new into "classic" style. I don't need fluff to hold my attention causing productivity in my computing to suffer. Give me simple and usable over fluffy and pretty every time.
Quote from duke_toaster :Well, why doesn't someone develop a Live For Speed facebook app

There was one, but there were scability problems
Wasn't that just for that RPG thing run by UKCT?
Quote from duke_toaster :Wasn't that just for that RPG thing run by UKCT?

No, there was another which was privately developed and produced some nice-ish stats around which server you're currently playing on and some of the stats.

It had a few problems, which once combined with my ultimate growing hatred of facebook apps, I simply binned the project. It was linked in with the stats thingy and did some pretty things.
Well, it would be useful. Unless you've completely deleted the code I guess someone (not me) might want to continue work on it, Karl
Quote from duke_toaster :Well, it would be useful. Unless you've completely deleted the code I guess someone (not me) might want to continue work on it, Karl

I'll have a dig around and see if I can find it. I'm sure it's sat in one of the tar.gz'ed backups
Found it, TAA? Or are you like me, forgetting where you put things and then forgetting you lost them

[FORUM] Upgrade?
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG