The online racing simulator
Improved interior's
(24 posts, started )
#1 - Alric
Improved interior's
Before patch Y I think the devs said a few of the interiors were done and ready but the FBM meant that these had to be implemented in a later patch. Do you think we can expect to see them in the next patch? I don't mind waiting for the game to develop, it's fantastic watching it grow and it really is the best Sim ever. I just wondered if this content was put off for a reason? The quality of the FBM interior is excellent. Obviously physics etc are far more important but if the interiors are done and ready it seems a shame to not put them in unless it was just a time problem getting them 100% ready for patch Y.
I believe it was a time problem. The new FBM had to be implemented and the interiors were put aside.
I think we can expect it pretty soon, in the Z patch or something
#4 - bbman
Quote from The Very End :I think we can expect it pretty soon, in the Z patch or something

Not if Z is only smaller changes like multi-byte characters for asian languages...
It depends how much of the interiors were done, it's a we'll see. I think Scawen said somewhere that he might make the version with multibyte Y(number) as he doesn't want to waste letters.

One thing I would like in these interiors is digidashes on the racing cars, but that's rather minor
#6 - Ian.H
Quote from March Hare :I believe it was a time problem. The new FBM had to be implemented and the interiors were put aside.

I'd still be interested to hear what Eric was doing for the other 20 months because so far, it seems he's done _very_ little 2 years is hardly acceptable for 1 new car and a few piddly track "updates", IMO.

Regards,

Ian
Yes, FBM came and there was no time for the interior developing. However, I'm waiting for the Dual Core usage (LFS uses only one core) but too bad we won't see that happening in S2
I would like to see the new & improved interiors in patch Z too. IMO more realistic (wether imaginary or not) cockpits would enhance the immersion-factor a lot
Quote from Hoshimodo :I would like to see the new & improved interiors in patch Z too. IMO more realistic (wether imaginary or not) cockpits would enhance the immersion-factor a lot

Notice that the FZ5 Interior is basically an Audi
Quote from Töki (HUN) : I'm waiting for the Dual Core usage (LFS uses only one core)

I really would love that too.. Would probably boost my FPS a lot in my new computer seeing as its a core 2 duo 2.66ghz :S

Also I think we all know why interiors didnt come out yet..
Quote from Ian.H :I'd still be interested to hear what Eric was doing for the other 20 months because so far, it seems he's done _very_ little 2 years is hardly acceptable for 1 new car and a few piddly track "updates", IMO.

Regards,

Ian

I think he has some surprises up in his sleeves
Quote from Ian.H :I'd still be interested to hear what Eric was doing for the other 20 months because so far, it seems he's done _very_ little 2 years is hardly acceptable for 1 new car and a few piddly track "updates", IMO.

Regards,

Ian

I must confess, I will be a bit dissapointed if we don't get a new track before the end of S2 development.
#13 - Woz
TBH, I would prefer to see S3 soon. Its been years since S2. Its time for new tracks and cars.
Quote from Woz :TBH, I would prefer to see S3 soon. Its been years since S2. Its time for new tracks and cars.

Yeah, I think that no more stuff should be released to S2. Then it soon goes beta, as everything is in the game that is planned, and they can mainly focus on bug fixing and getting the game to S2 final

Then in about a year from now they could maybe surprise us with some S3 news
S3 in so far away...
#16 - Jakg
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Yes, FBM came and there was no time for the interior developing. However, I'm waiting for the Dual Core usage (LFS uses only one core) but too bad we won't see that happening in S2

IIRC Scawen said to add Multi-threading (what your on about, although hopefully 4 or even 8 threads) would take about a month to do. Would be a month well spent imo, though.

Regards,

Ian

Man, I want Erics job, man that must be one sweet job
Quote from Töki (HUN) :S3 in so far away...

Noooo, don`t kill my hope
Well... I know... but still..

Quote from Jakg :IIRC Scawen said to add Multi-threading (what your on about, although hopefully 4 or even 8 threads) would take about a month to do. Would be a month well spent imo, though.

I`ll agree with you on this one Jakg, it would be very usefull, aswell helping people to get the performace they have payed for

Quote from danowat :Man, I want Erics job, man that must be one sweet job

Aren`t you traning to the run, shouldn`t you focus on beeing hard-working then?
Sure am, but I am sure I could fit one car and a few track updates in
Quote from danowat :Sure am, but I am sure I could fit one car and a few track updates in

I hope that he has been working on a lot of stuff to the release of S3. Think if he has made us like 6 new tracks and 10 new cars? We don`t know

But it would be great with a status update from him, maybe some screenshoots from his work aswell, or maybe they just likes to be sneaky bastards
Ok cheers guys! Yeah hopefully Eric has been busy and Scawen can implement his work into the game soon enough
Quote from Ian.H :I'd still be interested to hear what Eric was doing for the other 20 months because so far, it seems he's done _very_ little

He was getting some mileage done on a cruising server so he could be able to buy an FBM whenever it was released.
I've seen amateur modelers here do wonders in a week from scratch.

I wonder why is so time consuming for a professional. Really, no sarcasm, I know anything about modeling , is it really that hard to make a model for a game?

Is not that LFS cars have an extreme level of detail anyways.
Quote from Eldanor :I've seen amateur modelers here do wonders in a week from scratch.

I wonder why is so time consuming for a professional. Really, no sarcasm, I know anything about modeling , is it really that hard to make a model for a game?

Is not that LFS cars have an extreme level of detail anyways.

Short answer, no, it's not hard, however, it does depend on the software used for development of the model, textures, texture mapping, moving parts etc.

I would say it would be quite possible to model and texture map a whole car in under 6 weeks, assuming all the needed info was there to complete the job.

Tracks however, are a completely different animal alltogether.

I am a 3d modeller by trade, and also have worked on 3d models for FS2004.

Improved interior's
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG