The online racing simulator
I bought a Nissan Skyline GTR!
(33 posts, started )
#1 - ctkza
...mmm R32

2.6L Straight-6 Twin Turbo, Active 4WD or RWD, All-wheel steering...
Stock: 0-60mph in 4.8s & quarter-mile in 12.8s, however, this one is slightly modified and in great condition

In a few months I'm doing a complete engine rebuild and purchasing an uprated twin turbo kit and I'm going to be looking at around 550hp+ , giddy'up!

It looks a lot better IRL though,

http://oxvz.com/skyline.jpg

I pick it up on Monday!!!
Quote from ctkza :...mmm R32

Stock: 0-60mph in 4.8s & quarter-mile in 12.8s, however, this one is slightly modified and in great condition [edited]

In a few months I'm doing a complete engine rebuild and purchasing an uprated twin turbo kit and I'm going to be looking at around 550hp+ , giddy'up!

It looks a lot better IRL though,

http://oxvz.com/skyline.jpg

I pick it up on Monday!!!

Hey, mind taking the HTTPS out of that smiley, it causes a certificate error.
Who cares? And, why are you getting a turbo kit? Turbo kits = for people who don't know what they are doing. If you're going to bother why not go with a custom setup?
#4 - ctkza
I dunno... it's exciting. It's my first car I've bought for myself.

And I've heard nothing but good things about the turbo kits I've been looking at from nengun.com...
3 of my mates have skylines (not sure what models) and one has a Series 6 RX7. Bloody boy racers dont really see the point! Never actually understood the hype around skylines but im not here to shit on yah car so congrats on your purchase
in before being Cliffed.
Tonight, I had a blast in a Nissan Skyline R34 (He said it was a GT-R, but I wouldn't like to say)

Fastest thing I have ever been in and WOW, what a car...

A little ricer/teh dRiFt0R!11 - he even had the mirrored graphics on the other side
Attached images
Skyline 1.jpg
Skyline 2.jpg
Nice one! There's one thing that needs to go ASAP are the rims. they are on 75% of the S13 and non-GTR R32's.

The front lip is awesome (if it is the real one that is)
Good for you. First car is always a blast. Just don't crash it on tuesday.
Huh the white one looked like a GTR to me (GTR wheels) but what would be the point in buying a GTR and ripping the body kit off when you piad more for the looks and performance, but if you going to put a bodykit and engine tune it then there would be no point starting with a GTR.
It was until I got home and remembered when I asked if it was a 2.6 (Running the RB26DETT of course) he said "No mate, its 2 and a half" then a lot of interesting stuff happened, making me forget. I'm sure the GT-R's had the 2.6, I dunno.

Still, an impressive car to say the least.
hmm within one year im gonna buy a 200SX S13 cant wait to tune that engine
Quote from wheel4hummer :Who cares? ...

Why are you reading it then?

I like it, is impossible to see a Skyline in my country. Enjoy it
Weaksauce.

Should have opted for a Bowler Wildcat.
Quote from The General Lee :It was until I got home and remembered when I asked if it was a 2.6 (Running the RB26DETT of course) he said "No mate, its 2 and a half" then a lot of interesting stuff happened, making me forget. I'm sure the GT-R's had the 2.6, I dunno.

Still, an impressive car to say the least.

Yeah the GTR is the 2.6 Twin Turbo and 4WD, and the 2.5 is the single Turbo with RWD
Quote from ctkza :
an uprated twin turbo kit and I'm going to be looking at around 550hp+

not to burst your bubble but 450+ is possible, 550+ is possible with a big tubocharger, which eliminates the twinturbocharger setup...and gives you some turbolag...
I'd say - yes, Proper twin turbochargers is nice, and I would do that, but I really doubt the estimated power output (I hope I'm wrong though, its a nice looking R)

@sil3ntwar - Skylines raised a massive hype just because they have undoubtable racing pedigree, plus it's a cheap (yeah, kinda) copy of a Porsche 959 AWD system but with the engine in the right place

You should read the history of the skyline to fully understand what kind of potential the car really has
Quote from spankmeyer :Should have opted for a Bowler Wildcat.

Which actually isn't a Bowler anymore. Qt Services took the reins in November 2007.

Still way better than a Skyline
#20 - Osco
Nice
wouldn't mind having one either
Nice! Looks great, I wish you good luck with it.
Quote from ctkza :...mmm R32

Stock: 0-60mph in 4.8s & quarter-mile in 12.8s, however, this one is slightly modified and in great condition

I actually like Skylines so long as they are kept cosmetically standard. Looks like a nice car but I'd ask the question why do you need the power? Unless your actually going to enter into speed or racing events (that does not include track days) I can't see any reason why you'd ever need 280bhp. Any serious performance modifications will inevitably reduce the life span, fuel economy and road worthiness (both driving in traffic and meeting emission/noise regs) of your engine. You already have a very fast road car that'll be plenty fast enough to enjoy on a track and with all the computers and that much power probably too much to enjoy safely on the road.

Unless you can give yourself a very good reason why you need more power or even whether it'll make the car any better to drive, go and take an LFS car use a road going set and double the power for a quick demonstration of how even on a track more power doesn't necessarily mean more fun and isn't the best modification you can make to your car.
Quote from xaotik :A little? I cannot even imagine how it would be if he went all out...

lol that made me chuckle
Quote from ajp71 :I'd ask the question why do you need the power?

Because he is young, all his mates have overpowered cars, its a sign of "up yours" to the athourites and public in general, it's a measure of manhood, who knows

The amounts of worked cars driving around the streets of Perth these days is rediculous.

I pick up and drop off about 30 signs a day arround my local suburbs (wifes in realestate ) and on a Saturday afternoon I'll pass a dozen cars hooning around at the same time people are out walking etc. The other thing that astounds me is how many wrecks I see in peoples front yards, from badly damaged rims to full front impacts. And then there is the occassional wall you see knocked down where some idiot was having fun

I mean really what does it prove if your car is faster than my 17 year old family sedan or you have managed to spend more money than the next bloke so your car is faster LOL

If people would put as much thought and effort into other life skills as they do into "tunning" there cars they and sociaty would be alot better off.

I'm with ajp71 on this, the r32 is a nice car, enjoy what it is. Go do some track days in it /End of OLDMAN rant
#25 - aoun
Skylines are top cars. the 89 R32's are awesome! Good buy mate .

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG