The online racing simulator
Quote from WSR :Hi,

Would I be able to use include your Mitsubishi Lancer Evo wheel texture for a texture mod I'm making?

Yeah, sure!
Thanks fine
Just as long as you say I made the wheel
#152 - WSR
Thanks, of course I'll say that you made it...
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :___________________________________________

I won't be able to make anymore steering wheels for Live For Speed because of the new "Hardware Vertex Shading" technique used to generate those updated interiors in most of the cars in Patch Z.

It uses a different way of generating the steering wheels so it makes it impossible to make it compatible.

The new technique must still be getting the texture from somewhere in order to render the steering wheel, so it's just a case of finding out how to skin the new interior's wheels? keep working on it i really want G25 in XRT! =(

Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :

My wheels will work in some cars in Patch Z

I notice some people are using the old X patch XR.vob to have the old interiors load your custom wheels in XRT? can someone tell me how i can get the X patch XR.vob and if i need to use old XR_(interior1/interior2/texture).dds files? (the guages and dash warning lights skin positioning)

am i not suppoosed to ask about doing this?
The problem is, that there was a hideous reflection added to the centre dome part of the wheel, which made all the ridiculously detailed and properly made addon wheel textures look like shit.

Can`t complain, since it`s a constant WIP sim, but it makes all the extensive work done by certain people redundant, and leaves you with a choice of the default wheels textures or seriously pants addons, compared with what you had available before.
Quote from unseen :The problem is, that there was a hideous reflection added to the centre dome part of the wheel, which made all the ridiculously detailed and properly made addon wheel textures look like shit.

oh. i've seen this before somewhere... but why doesnt that reflection show on the standard wheel? that's confusing...

so what about the other method i was talking about? replacing the vob for the one that uses the old style wheel the same as you were showing in your screenshots, i know this can be done because i saw someone mention it on another forum, and they confirmed they were on z patch with the x patch XR.vob - does this still work? or is this reflection you were talking about happening with that too?
The newer XFG and XRG/T wheels use a new model of wheel and texture that can`t really be customised like the older wheels on the RB, LX, etc. It is really just a plain style road wheel where the texture is tiled, rather than fully skinned.

The good old road wheel on the LX, etc pre-patch Z was almost perfect for skinning until a hideous reflection was added to the centre dome which made all the properly skinned wheels redundant. Most people making custom wheels stopped working on them after this happened, as the results were always going to look crap.

Some people have done .vob mods to the cars, to get the old steering wheel back, amongst other things, but it`s probably not the best subject to be talking about on this forum.
Jesus Christ, do people know what their eyes are for?

READ THE ABOVE PLEASE AUSTRO!
Make for XRT plz some nice wheel! i want it!
Quote from The_Killers..LV :Make for XRT plz some nice wheel! i want it!

:noob:
Jamesisinthehouse12 stopped making steering wheel textures due to the Hardware Vertex Shading technique in the patch 0.5Z. Thats why he lost interest to make steering wheel textures.
Quote from McEscher ::noob:
Jamesisinthehouse12 stopped making steering wheel textures due to the Hardware Vertex Shading technique in the patch 0.5Z. Thats why he lost interest to make steering wheel textures.

Join date kind of gives it away but well researched!
Thank's
Thank you,All of you.
Can you create a BMW e30 steering wheel?

Jamesisinthehouse12's Steering Wheel Textures
(165 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG