The online racing simulator
[Noobs] Sumo goes public tonight!
You need a change from serious racing every once in a while but find neither cruising nor sliding around tracks interesting? If your're also missing the 's' in 'fast', then [noobs] Sumo is the right thing for you

[noobs] Sumo is happening at the Autocross skidpad. You start off in the pits and have about 20 [i]seconds to get set in the circle and await the upcoming "autocalypse". As soon as the countdown is over, the madness begins and you have to push the other drivers out of the circle.
Forget what you've always been told about clean racing and racing etiquette, the only thing that matters now is your own survival; stay in the circle at all costs and by any means. Make sure YOU are the Last Man Standing.
Knocked out wrestlers will be detected autmatically and be put into spectate mode.

In case the arena is crowded with sissies who are afraid of scratching their paint, or one-eyed drunken fella's who fail to tackle other wrestlers, the arena will get tighter. An according message will warn you, so hurry to get within the new boundaries (blue line).
If the last 2 wrestlers turn out to be sissies or one-eyes drunken bums as well, the sudden death procedure will be innitiated. This will start with another decrease of the arena size (most inner white line...yes, this is VERY tight ). If there is no winner after some time, you'll see another countdown. The driver, who is closest to the middle of the circle, marked by an X, wins.

Now if this sounds too confusing for you when I write it (which I could understand) you can either just get in the server, join the fun and learn by doing or type "$rules" while being in the server. There is also a "$chart" command which shows the best sumo fighters. You can sort this chart by total points*, total matches, highscore and most drivers knocked out.

*Yes, you can earn points by sumo'ing. Points are mostly depening on your position and wrestlers participating, as well as number of knock-outs on your account and a number of generic parameters, e.g. the price for a bag of rice in China. Dont ask how exactly those points are calculated, just let me assure you that our mathematical geniuses did their very best to come up with a fair point system.

[url="lfs://|%5Bnoobs%5D+Sumo|0|S2|/"]Horny for Sumo yet?[/url]

I got forced by the other noobs to post this in General Discussion, too. I myself wouldn't have posted it here!
Attached images
sumo6.jpg
Yay! I remember playing this when it was in "production", great fun indeed!
The best place to enhance your stunt skills
#4 - Gil07
Sumo is live! \o/
Awesome
I`ll come and play some later.
#6 - BURN
LOL this is Crazy ... God Damn NOOBS

But could be Fun :P
Yeah, I've never been a fan of strange side-games in LFS, but this sounds really fun!
Hehe even on first night released I noticed elaborate strategies and tactics have developed...
#9 - th84
Quote from ldriver :The best place to enhance your stunt skills

Are you the one that is upside down in one of those pics?
Why do I think that this would have been a fun CTRA mini-licence in an evil, dictatorship, Microsoft-esque "Absorb Competetors" type way?

#11 - th84
CTRwhat? :P
Just to make it clear:

Name of server: [noobs] Sumo
[url="lfs://%7C%5Bnoobs%5D+Sumo%7C0%7CS2%7C/"]Join link here[/url]
Quote from nikka :Just to make it clear:

Name of server: [noobs] Sumo
[url="lfs://%7C%5Bnoobs%5D+Sumo%7C0%7CS2%7C/"]Join link here[/url]

That was great fun when i went there
The server is great , i won 10 times in a row my PB is 40
Yeah, was in this server last night and earlier today and I have to agree that is a great server!! It's so much fun but when you get put out I don't like watching them and I'm a bit impatient because some of the rounds seem to never end until the X in the middle bit, I've only won 2 :[ but Im ranked 23rd or something, which is good for me, because I'm normally last at things :ices_rofl

Anyway, I advise people should try this server out, great fun, It's better than cruises, because cruises tend to get boring, but since when did Sumo get boring?
Just went on this server and done 8 matchs and won 6
Man, SUMO is a hell of a lot of fun! Played it back before we had some automated server with points and stuff, so I'll definitely be checking this one out!
Quote from th84 :Are you the one that is upside down in one of those pics?

Yes and that ' s exactly the stunt i wanted to do
Was a great night, really enjoyed it! Couldn't stop laughing, my face still hurts!

Thanks for hosting
Hehe, will this be up again or is it up 24/7 ftw tbh
Great fun there, recommended to everyone.
#22 - th84
Quote from garph :Was a great night, really enjoyed it! Couldn't stop laughing, my face still hurts!

Thanks for hosting

Come back soon and get noob-pwned!

Quote from ToXiC10 :Hehe, will this be up again or is it up 24/7

I do believe that it is 24/7 now.
I'll be looking for it in an hour or so. Was great fun the short time I was on while [noobs] were doing their insim testing.

Hey [noobs]! You guys owe me a new MOMO wheel! Your server broke my last shifter spring tonight! LOL

Great fun!
I have played on this server twice now and I have to say it is really good. The organisation is really great and the fighting is awesome!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG