The online racing simulator
Have been today for the first time online, had some great fun there!
Tell everybody about it if you liked it.
Love the game type...dislike the lack of admin in there...

Wrecking before the round started...was rampant last night (i got booted into the wall and launched into space before a match like 3 times...)

I think the "rush to your spot" thing is great..and very original...but an adjustment should be made....

Here is my suggestion (I thought it through pretty well, actually, i think)

1) Cannot start in the inner-most ring (people are doing this and just holding the brakes for the first part (before the shrink to blue line)).

2) Must be facing the center most ring (not sure if its possible, so maybe this cant happen) but if you could determine that, it would be great. Give +-30/45 degrees so its not super strict....

3) If you cant do #2, do a proximity check. make it so you have to be x disance from another car...

Heres why #2 or #3 are needed. People are waiting till others get lined up (usually outside edge, facing in) and then pulling up to their front bumper...then just pushing them the inch they need to get them out...

#4: The "closest to the X" draw winner...I don't thing it works well. Again, someoen will just stop fighting early and sit on the X. At that point, there isnt enough room to accelerate to really knock them off. I thought of an alternate setup though. What if you (via countdown) removed the walls and boundary...then made 4 "target" areas, equal distance from the center, outside of the walls. When the walls go away (at end of countdown) the first person to one of the areas wins. This way, you cant camp the goal...and having 4 means that people will be less likely to just stop and try to point in the way of a single goal...

Again, I'm not taking away from it...it's great fun (so much so I've devoted time to developing secret setup ideas that seem to provide an advantage...), just thought I would share my ideas/thoughts...
Thanks for the ideas and thoughts, they are very much apprechiated!
We are well aware of the "lack of admins" problem, specially during prime time in usa. We are trying to figure something out.

As for the pre-match-start-action, that is something we are struggeling to solve too, the most difficult thing is to stop people from crashing other people, but the easiest way (as of today) is to have admins on the server..

The sudden death with closest to the 'X'-thingy works fairly well imho. It's no problem to push people away from the X, if youre not out of tires or clutch that is
Good server, but it laggs
Played earlier and won a few times hooray
We have a first version of a website for Sumo now with the standings for the Top50.

http://www.lfs-sumo.com/index.php

As you can see, it's a very early version and it will change in the future.
Nooooo im not on top 50, i must goto sumo and FIGHT!!!

Edit: I work fast
Nice site I need to do some more fights...

Should have been lfssumo.net though
#60 - Jakg
Quote from Damo74 :except for those morons who if you hit them out, they call you a "lagger", cos they cant take it, this game is a lot of fun - screw those twits.

i've got meself an idea..........

Had one of these last night - you tap them and YOU go shooting backwards at 400 million MPH and YOU are out. Pisses you off when your sure they just CBA to close Lamewire before they open LFS.

One problem I found is that I'll go and park facing hte middle in the outer-most ring (like i think you should do) and then someone will just come along at the last second just before the match, and slam on the brakes when they see me there, and knock me out before it's even begun.
hm.. Jakg which one was you the other night?

Jack Green,
JakJ,
JakG,
UKCT..Jakg,
Bill Baley.

Im confused
he's UKCT..Jakg. Unless he switched names between last night and now.
#63 - Jakg
LOL.

The night before last someone decided that it would be good fun to lead a charge against me - i cunningly switched to my alter-ego (Bill Bailey) and then some Looney (:P) stole ma name. In then end there were about 5 "Jakg's" roaming on the server :P
LMFAO, That was funny!!!!
Who's this Looney you speak of

I agree with Jakg, the "lag issue" is a pain, but what can you expect when you have cars bashing into each other. Surely your clever script man can set a lower max ping?

Great fun though, I love the server. Nice one you bunch of noobs.

Loads of people claiming it ot be the servers fault last night though. A lot people asking if the server was restarting in the last hour...
Quote from The General Lee :
I agree with Jakg, the "lag issue" is a pain, but what can you expect when you have cars bashing into each other. Surely your clever script man can set a lower max ping?

Unfortunately thats not possible with todays insim system. We have to rely on admins to kick laggy cars, but we're a bit short of admins..
Jakg and Cash Flow and I had the best game last night!
I won 5 rounds!
Quote from nikka :Unfortunately thats not possible with todays insim system. We have to rely on admins to kick laggy cars, but we're a bit short of admins..

Thats a shame bud.

Hopefully something the devs can introduce. Most FPS I have played have it.
This is some of the best fun I have had on here in awhile. Thanks guys (and gals) for putting on this server for us all.
Yes, much fun to be had at the sumo server there is.
#71 - Jakg
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :Jakg and Cash Flow and I had the best game last night!
I won 5 rounds!

That rocked!

PS - Pinks ftw!
Not a good night tbh. Too many laggers. Too many pre race wreckers. One guy just kept on parking right infront of Me/Jakg/McGas, if he didnt hit us out before it even started, he would just push us out over the edge.

Not your fault noobs, this isn't a rant AT you, I love the server.
#74 - Jakg
What does "PB" mean? I have great Wins (#48), great knockout/matches (#85) and yet i'm stuck at position #98 because my "PB" is at ~327
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from Jakg :What does "PB" mean? I have great Wins (#48), great knockout/matches (#85) and yet i'm stuck at position #98 because my "PB" is at ~327

PB is the best score ("personal best") you ever got in a single match.

Edit: doh!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG