The online racing simulator
Guess the movie
(643 posts, started )
Quote from pine-fin :Aagh, I know that one, but don't know the english title
"dickbuttkiss" xD

Search Google for that word and you'll find the answer.
I don't want to cheat.
How High?

If I'm correct, here's the next picture, from a bit more of a mainstream movie:

car.jpg
How High was right.

I have no idea on that one though.
I automatically thought of Steve McQueens Le Mans from 1970, but that aint it...then I thought of the upcoming Speed Racer movie ... and I don't think that's it either
Herbie?
Not Lemans, Speed Racer, or Herbie.

If you younger guys want help, ask your dad to look at the picture (is this cheating though?).

To me, it's the still the most impressive looking movie car I've ever seen.
I was going to say F&F: Tokyo Drift but then I noticed the guys in white...

Did a bit of searching and found the answer. Damn I need to get that movie.
Searching is a bit like cheating so I wont post the answer, yet.
cannonball race?
Thx 1138?
-
(JeffR) DELETED by JeffR : reposting.
if im right can some one else post a pic cos im gonna be out at work for the next 16hours
Quote from March Hare :I was going to say F&F: Tokyo Drift but then I noticed the guys in white... Did a bit of searching and found the answer. Damn I need to get that movie.Searching is a bit like cheating so I wont post the answer, yet.

Quote from andybarsblade :Thx 1138?

Yes. As previously stated, for the time and even to this day, it was the most impressive movie car ever (in my opinion), and the movie is impressive considering when it was made. It was a modified Lola T70 race car. The car to the left is rumoured to be some type of Ferrari. There are a few web sites dedicated to THX 1138. It was George Lucas first full length movie and was made in 1971, and more recently updated for DVD (2004), but it's makes a run on cable tv movie channels every now and then. Although there's dialog mentioning the car going 235mph, it's clear that it's not going that fast. The tunnel is really two different car tunnels near San Francisco, Caldecot tunnel, and Posey Tube. Later there's an unfinished Bart (bay area rapid transit - small train) tunnel made to appear as if it's a very tall vertical shaft.

Since that movie, George Lucas manages to get 1138 somwhere in most, if not all of his movies (THX-1138 was his college phone number). For example, In Star Wars Episode IV, Princess Leia is in cell block 1138.

imdb reference:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066434

wiki reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THX_1138

Enhanced DVD version of the Lola in THX 1138 (the out of tunnel stuff was added with CGI, which is why it's not as realistic looking as the in tunnel scenes).

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox8t6CEGoQ4

Original version (no CGI effects):
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=u1sFGYNYyPw

A real Lola T70 at the modern Nurburgring GP track (not Nordschleife):
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=lDf-Mx5vud8
-
(JeffR) DELETED by JeffR : new post
This one will probably be too tough, although having two pictures may help since it's a clue.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

As an option here's one that will be easier:

pic.jpg
I keep thinking that's Redford but it can't possibly be.

Hmmm, i'm sure that pic of Redford is from "Three days of the Condor". But, i've no idea who the little girl is or how she ties in with the film ?
That little girl is that murderous bitch from The Bad Seed. Everybody run!

EDIT:
... not sure about the second one - so I'll leave it up to Jeff to call who goes next.
Oh, I didn't realize that they were two separate movies.

Durr.

Coulda gotten the Redford one. :P
Quote from xaotik :That little girl is that murderous bitch from The Bad Seed. Everybody run!

Wow I'm impressed, since that was the primary one you get to pick the next. I added both the color and black and white pictures of "Rhoda Penmark" to give a clue that the movie is one of the colorized Turner Classic Movies. One noteworthy thing about the movie was the credit ending, which was similar to a play. The actors appear one at a time in an open doorway with the announcer noting their real and character names, and the final credit scene is the little girl getting a proper spanking by her mother (apparently the director was concerned about leaving the audience with the actual movie ending). A bit of trivia, after the initial pre-screening of another horror / sci-fi movie also made in 1956, additional footage was added to the beginning and ending of the movie for a happier ending, anyone care to guess what movie this was?

imdb for "bad seed" 1956 version
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0048977

Quote from Mazz4200 :Hmmm, i'm sure that pic of Redford is from "Three days of the Condor". But, i've no idea who the little girl is or how she ties in with the film?

Three days of the Condor pic was provided in case no one could figure out "Bad Seed" but xaotik figured it out.

Classic line from three days of the condor: "do we have plans to invade the middle east?" (to get the oil, seems prophetic now). The picture is when Robert Redford is in Faye Dunaway's characters apartment. He's analyzed her pictures and noted that there's no people in them and figured out the time of year in the pictures (can't remember if it was just before fall or just before winter).

imdb for "three days of the condor" (shown as 3 on DVD's) inspite of what imdb shows.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0073802
OK then - here we go. Initially I thought I'd use the second shot as it shows what's the "characteristic" bit of this movie (extra points to whoever gets that) - but I'll throw in the other one as well to make it easier.
Attached images
bwoohoo.jpg
bwoohoo2.jpg
In the second picture, the costume on the far right is similar to what "Q" of Star Trek Next Generation wore in the initial episode (as a judge of humankind).

I added this somewhat off-topic trivia question regarding the BadSeed and a similar thing done to another movie.

A bit of trivia, after the initial pre-screening of another horror / sci-fi movie also made in 1956, additional footage was added to the beginning and ending of the movie for a happier ending, anyone care to guess what movie this was?
@ Jeff: Invasion of the Body Snatchers?
The only late 50s movie I know of that had different versions was Godzilla and that was for marketing reasons AFAIK - the plot didn't really change (mostly because there really wasn't one to start with) and I only know that because a friend had both versions and we watched them recently. The second one that's got this American actor added in is totally hilarious because it makes even less sense than the original with only Japanese actors and the inserted scenes stand out like sore thumbs.
@ JeffR, oh i see, i thought the pics were linked, and the Redford pic was some sort of clue...oh well

@Oxo "Kind Hearts and Coronets"

Alec Guinness played all the main characters of the family himself.
Quote from Amat3291 :@Oxo "Kind Hearts and Coronets"

Alec Guinness played all the main characters of the family himself.

Spot on and you get the extra points too, don't use them all in one go now.

Ok, this one's so easy you're not getting any clues, and no cheating either :nol2:
Attached images
sjff_01_img0072.jpg

Guess the movie
(643 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG