The online racing simulator
Guess the movie
(643 posts, started )
Das Boot?
Fantastic film, though.
Totally

It's in my top ten for sure. Especially the black and white version, for some reason the colour version doesn't have the same impact.

Anyway, it's your turn bud
Quote from Mazz4200 :It's in my top ten for sure. Especially the black and white version, for some reason the colour version doesn't have the same impact.

I concur - the claustrophobia goes away and faces change too much because of the lack of magic b&w high contrast shadowing, etc.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :@ Jeff: Invasion of the Body Snatchers?

We have a winner. The studio added a prologue and epilog with Miles in a hosptial, and the original movie becomes a flashback of the story he's telling at the hospital. Not wanting to spoil anything here, I won't go into more detail.

There are two acceptable answers for this one, as the movie was released with two different titles.
That's a toughy, but a pure guess, "Bad Day at Black Rock" Spencer Tracy ?
Nope. Not a bad guess, though.

It's a bit earlier.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :It's a bit earlier.

Earlier ! Wow, erm,, I do recognise the scene from somewhere, but the only B&W film i could fit it into was the one mentioned above.

If it's earlier are we talking about Brando, Jimmy Stewart or Gary Cooper perhaps ?
Just a few years earlier. Still the 50s.

It does star a very famous actor (not in that frame, obviously).
Grapes of Wrath? Oops too soon that was from the 1940's.

This is a fairly obscure film, though it as a fantastic rating on imdb and has been released by a well-known boutique DVD distributor. Its director was one of the most respected of his day, as was the star.
Here's a hint: it takes place in a small New Mexico town.
Nah, think you've got me on this one, the clues don't help much either, and if it's a cowboy movie i ain't got a chance of getting it.

Final guess, i'll say "Shane", but it's been about 25yrs since i've seen it so that's a complete shot in the dark
It's not a cowboy movie.
Ace in the hole? (Is that drilling equipment in the pitcure?)
Ah nuts, I was gunna say that
Ok, since Mazz4200 properly picked out "Three days of the condor" from my last post, he should get to pick the next movie.

Note "Three days of the Condor" is a movie I'd definately recommend for anyone, it's that good.
If you decide to find it a video rental store, it will be most likely listed as "3 days of the Condor"
instead of "three", so look for "3" and not "T'.

"THX 1138" would appeal to sci-fi fans.
Quote from JeffR :Ok, since Mazz4200 properly picked out "Three days of the condor" from my last post, he should get to pick the next movie.

No No Jeff, you got DW's tough one By rights you deserve to choose the next one. (anyway, i'll only pick something stupidly easy or ridiculously hard)

Quote from JeffR : Note "Three days of the Condor" is a movie I'd definately recommend for anyone, it's that good.
If you decide to find it a video rental store, it will be most likely listed as "3 days of the Condor"
instead of "three", so look for "3" and not "T'.

And i'll second that too. Probably one of the best films he ever made, classic 70's thriller.

And i'll also add, while you're in the video store pick up a copy of "Day of the Jackel" and the "Fourth Protocol" or better still, go buy the books
Another issue is I don't have a movie or picture in mind much less ready, so please go ahead Mazz4200, as I don't want to hold up this thread, as it's bedtime for me here in west coast USA.
Lol

Ok, you'll definitely know this film, so i've tried to find a pic that's not so obvious.

But, if you know it, you'll know it
Attached images
guess.jpg
Quote from Mazz4200 :..so i've tried to find a pic that's not so obvious.

The idea was to use dvd-captures, NOT pics from the web/edited/desaturated pictures. If your pic is legit then forget my post.
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Guess the movie
(643 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG