The online racing simulator

Poll : South City, or Fern Bay?

Closed since :
South City Chicane Course Reversed
Fern Bay Green
#1 - J@tko
Round 3 combo
Me and Dekojester can't decide - we've left it to you.

Two choices, if it's a tie, I'll decide
Quote from J@tko :Me and Dekojester can't decide - we've left it to you.

Two choices, if it's a tie, I'll decide

FE Green Please - I hate south city
Ah carp, I don't like where this is going! I've spent 2 days practicing in SO to get my PB under 1.20 lol
green
South City is already in calender (been a long time) and we raced in Fern Bay just last weekend so why should we change it? I have already started to practice South City with XR-jr and UF-BR (..and so has dougie-lampkin and maybe many others too..) and have already spent time to making good setup for the race...

So the race will be in South City as the final calendar says, this thread can be locked
Quote from FinnWest :
So the race will be in South City as the final calendar says, this thread can be locked

Err... no mate

This round shall be held in blackwood carpark
Quote from FinnWest :South City is already in calender (been a long time) and we raced in Fern Bay just last weekend so why should we change it? I have already started to practice South City with XR-jr and UF-BR (..and so has dougie-lampkin and maybe many others too..) and have already spent time to making good setup for the race...

I agree, it would never happen in real life that a race is suddeny changed less than a week before the race...races 3 + 4 should stay the same, and the rest are far enough away that it doesn't matter...
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko
In a way I agree that its a bit too late to change BUT SO chicane has a lot tight ''Suicidal'' turns that, judging by the last race, will probably cause a lot of accidents from people who try to go door to door after T1 right into the chicane.

Im not sure what to vote for anymore. Whatever wins I guess.
It is a bit cheap for those who practiced however.
It probably won't have the CARNAGE Round 2, as people won't be drifting as much. Also, the Babys are faster, and it's harder to stay side by side unless you're perfectly matched...
^ Agreed with Mistatea.

Basically, I'm extremely wary of the tight nature of the South City track, given what's happenned previously. If we have another Round 2 then the championship will fall apart. I'm probably over-reacting to this, but better safe than sorry. If all of you are willing to be extra careful then I've no problem with it. I'm also not 100% sure of the balancing at SO CH R. The 2 cars are perfectly matched at FE Green, but not quite so at SO.

It's your choice.

Also, agreed about setups. Although, IMO, SO CH and FE GR are not that much different - bumpy, couple of long straights and longish corners.......

(although the absense of rain in Fern Bay is an obvious difference )
One more thing thats good in FE Green is that if someone flips theres less chances he will be taking about 3 car with him as there is grass on the side were he will probably end up. On the other hand in SO, one crash in the chicane could cause a red flag.

SO is dangerous. Its also fun, and has been programed from the start.

Fe is not as dangerous. Its also lots of fun, but it wasnt programed from the start.

They both have their advantages and weaknesses.

I'm willing to go with whatever you chose but please chose before wensday lol.
For me, theres about 0.2 seconds between the 2 babies in SO.

I pledge to be super-duper careful if SO is kept
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :I think you're underrating most of us now.....

I know - sorry!

The only real bit I'm worried about is that chicane. If someone goes off there/hits the wall or whatever, there's gonna be a massive pile-up, as the exit is so tight and bumpy.

I've seen some the best racing i've seen on Fern Bay Green - and it's a very good track for beginner's.

Poll closes tonight at 9pm. (and it's 7-5 as I'll discount juurme's vote)
#14 - TG44
I like the idea of Green as the chance for massive crashes isn't too big but i voted for Chicane course as i've been practicing my ass off on it
After racing FE Green today, I've decided it ain't TOO bad...so either way, I don't particularly mind
Quote from dougie-lampkin :After racing FE Green today, I've decided it ain't TOO bad...so either way, I don't particularly mind

Ain't too bad? Its flippin' excellent!!
I voted for SO even though I'm not participating. I want to see some replays of massive carnage!

Just kidding, I just voted for SO because it's not a difficult track and I believe everyone will be more professional this time.
Quote from J@tko :

Poll closes tonight at 9pm.

The poll should have closed by now
Quote from Technique :I voted for SO even though I'm not participating. I want to see some replays of massive carnage!

Just kidding, I just voted for SO because it's not a difficult track and I believe everyone will be more professional this time.

Its not a difficult crash but if 1 person makes a small mistake it can lead to a major pileup of at least 5 cars. Specially in the chicane.
I have no clue what to chose heere but I voted for FE because most of the people started practicing in SO and I didnt so we will be at about the same level if we change to FE :P
So it's FE, yer?
sopose to at 9 GMT it was... now its at 50%
Yea but it was 9-7 to FE at 9pm...
I'm using the powers vested in me to declare that this round will be FE Green.

Hey, dougie, nice try to vote twice !

d
ahaha lol it was after 9 anyways so I knew it wouldn't matter

Nice work on noticing though
please do South City, i have been practicing all week to do some decent laps (wich i didnt @ the rallycross)...plx :<.. already got under 1.20

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG