The online racing simulator
Round 3 Pre-Discussion
Well, after the chaos and carnage of Fern Bay Rallycross, it's time to play with the UF and XF Baby-Rs at Fern Bay Green.

Race length: 14 Laps
Cars: UF-BR; XF-JR

The UF-BR is UFR w/ 45%
The XF-JR is XFR w/ 43%.

The Race Director will be collecting setups post-race to ensure accordance with the rules for this round.

Please PM dekojester with your car choice. You may hold off until the beginning of Free Practice 3. Please check back soon for Free Practice times and dates.
Which ones slightly faster? Ill have to test them both I guess heh
I believe I'll be dropping out of the next 2 races due to a wedding and long business trip. Please let a reserve fill my spot for those races.
awww. Well have fun at the wedding! and if its ur wedding well congrats :P!
#5 - J@tko
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :This should be fun
What is the 43-45%...Intake restriction or ballast weight?
Also not that it matters, I'm just being inquisitive... but what does JR mean? Is it JuniorR? And what is the R? Restricted maybe?

Wasn't it Jack & Joe who actually made the base setups for the two cars? They would've done plenty of testing & practice I think, so maybe they'll be the ones to stop MistaTea's winning ways this round!

43% + 45% intake restriction

XF-JR= XF Junior R.

and yes, we did create the XF-JR

The UF-BR setup is here.
The XF-JR setup is here.

We didn't test on this combo (FE Green), but I've just had a couple of laps, and they're really close - almost the same time.
Quote from J@tko :43% + 45% intake restriction

XF-JR= XF Junior R.

The UF-BR setup is here.
The XF-JR setup is here.

We didn't test on this combo (FE Green), but I've just had a couple of laps, and they're really close - almost the same time.

Do we have to use those setups? I've made my own but it has the correct restrictions.
#7 - J@tko
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Do we have to use those setups? I've made my own but it has the correct restrictions.

Of course not. They're just our own XF-JR setup and CTRA's base UF-BR setup.
Quote from J@tko :Of course not. They're just our own XF-JR setup and CTRA's base UF-BR setup.

Nice! For the first time ever I spent an hour building a setup last night!
@Taylor - by jack and joe u mean Team TG ? J@tko and Joseph?
Nahhhh I dont think im ready to lose to them. But honestly its really possible that jack might win this as im usually not too good on slicks or in FWDs and these cars r both :S.

@Jack - Do we HAVE to use those setups? If so what are we aloud to tweak in them? if not well good I get to mod it so much
So im banned from R3 ?
Quote from evilpimp :

@Jack - Do we HAVE to use those setups? If so what are we aloud to tweak in them? if not well good I get to mod it so much

No. They are just basic setups for you to tweak
Quote from juurme :So im banned from R3 ?

Do you really expect anything else?
Quote from J@tko :No. They are just basic setups for you to tweak

Do you really expect anything else?

Did u watch the replay correctly ?
Quote from juurme :Did u watch the replay correctly ?

Yes. And I havn't even seen the replays of the abandoned start and qualifying yet.
Quote from J@tko :No. They are just basic setups for you to tweak

kk good and also I heard the track will be changed to FE Green can u come put it on the server plz :P Deko went for dinner.
Quote from J@tko :Yes. And I havn't even seen the replays of the abandoned start and qualifying yet.

Better dont watch qualifys replays
No need, it's been decided by me and my army of plastic green men that the race will indeed be help at SO...

Anybody who disagrees will meet "the boys"
Quote from juurme :Better dont watch qualifys replays

Mate, your banned for 3, don't tell him to watch the quali's or you'll be banned from 4!
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Mate, your banned for 3, don't tell him to watch the quali's or you'll be banned from 4!

Not ur business! Shhh you
I don't know what happened in the first rally race as I've wiped it from my memory (I was driving really bad.... sorry!). But I did watch the race 2 replay several times.

In defense of juuretis, his driving on the one green lap he was racing in was fairly clean and he made several good passes.

First, he was hit by TG44. Later, the LFS medical car was driving backwards on the course and hit him head on. He didn't complain about either of those incidents (I would have!). The only thing he did wrong in the race was speed through a caution area (clipping a medical car) and pass under yellow (which other people were doing as well). He asked if his race was over when he flipped the car on its side and race control said "yes". I think people saw him flipped over the entire race and assumed he was causing chaos (based on his pre-race shenanigans ) but really I don't think he did anything too bad (in that race) compared to the other incidents on the track.
Quote from J@tko :43% + 45% intake restriction

XF-JR= XF Junior R.

The UF-BR setup is here.
The XF-JR setup is here.

wow! i mearly jumped out of my chair! why on earth you decided to put such insainly huuuuge restriction? these car a supose to run fast and now they run like UF1... please explain this desision
Quote from Technique :....

It was mainly for his behaviour in the abandoned race start, during quali and before quali started

Quote from kABLiuks :wow! i mearly jumped out of my chair! why on earth you decided to put such insainly huuuuge restriction? these car a supose to run fast and now they run like UF1... please explain this desision

The UF-BR is a widely used car in LFS (CTRA, UFOC). It's not that slow - has around 100 bhp, but is so light and runs on slicks that it's quick around the bends. We made the XF-JR as fast as it.
Which one is faster
Quote from moskvich3v1 :Which one is faster?

Why do you need to know?

(and BTW, they're basically exactly the same around 1 lap)
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :....

The only messages you should have to read are the RCM ones, and there should be none of them in a race!

I simply adore baby FWD GTR's - they suit my 'powwerr!' driving style perfectly. I love the UF-BR more than the XF-JR, as it has more 'personality'. However, I'll probably be driving the XF-JR in this race, wherever it is.
Well, the XFG is my favourite car, so the XF-JR is even better! It has uber-grip, uber-brakes and looks uber-cool! But it has XFG power! It's perfect!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG