The online racing simulator
OpenOffice has tonnes more than LFS. If your language hasn't been made, make it
Quote from duke_toaster :OpenOffice has tonnes more than LFS. If your language hasn't been made, make it

Quote from rediske :I wonder when LFS first appears in the Guinness Book of Records for the GAME with the most supported languages on this globe...

Another ting , the Language "Castellano" is not the same as "español"

Castellano is use in Argentina , and in spain use Spanish ,

We have many different ways of combining words
And use adjectives

And if you hear the Language Spanish and then Castellano , you see is not the same
You shoul put the Argentina flag instead spanish flag

@edit

What is this , the grey squares with letters , is this ok?

Regards Inouva
Attached images
Clipboard01.jpg
Scawen. I think you misunder stood my bug report slighty. I ment that the MPSYS error happends on ALL tracks not just aston. Sorry

Edit: while im at it. I found this bug too

Look at the pic. theres no X for the window =S
Attached images
MissingX.JPG
Quote from mcgas001 :Look at the pic. theres no X for the window =S

I've always used the 'Leave' button to close the window.
i love the japanese(or chinece,i hav no idea but anyway) transolation cuz i dont understand anything about it and it looks quite cool
Wow! a new test patch!
I love this xD
thanks
(now i have something to do)
Edit: will it be more and more test patch now?
Inouva i think these are characters for chineese or other langs...
Might be a bug: actually the needles in chase view are overlaid by text instead of the opposite.
Attached images
needles.jpg
Quote from Scawen :You have some fonts installed on your computer which claim they support certain character sets but in fact don't. So Windows reports to LFS that these fonts are suitable for the language in question, but then they just draw spaces.

I recommend installing international support from your Windows XP CD. Or if you can find the font "Arial Unicode MS" anywhere and install that, all languages will be supported.

OK - that explains it thanks!
Corrupted text in the top left corner.

I don't exactly know how to reproduce it, but it has to do with with swaping from 16bit char language to any other normal language.

Only seems to happen with the big text.
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
Quote from Inouva :Another ting , the Language "Castellano" is not the same as "español"

Castellano is use in Argentina , and in spain use Spanish ,

We have many different ways of combining words
And use adjectives

And if you hear the Language Spanish and then Castellano , you see is not the same
You shoul put the Argentina flag instead spanish flag

@edit

What is this , the grey squares with letters , is this ok?

Regards Inouva

Neh, I don't think so, castellano and spanish are almost the same, you can read each other without any problems, maybe it would be better if instead of "castellano" it was "español". Also castellano is usead in almost all parts of America but USA, Brazil, Canada and some other countrys that I don't recall, so using the argentinean flag woudn't be representative of the language.
Is it bad that the first thing I did after installing this patch was cleansing my computer of the Union Jack and getting a Canadian flag in there?

Great patch Scawen, maybe not quite useful for us single-byte speakers, but I'm sure that when I'm 졸려, it might give me something to do.
(Go Google Translate 졸려 if you please, it'll be fun I swear, it even tells the true meaning! Maybe later I'll get my friend to say Thanks.)
Quote from RiGun :Neh, I don't think so, castellano and spanish are almost the same, you can read each other without any problems, maybe it would be better if instead of "castellano" it was "español". Also castellano is usead in almost all parts of America but USA, Brazil, Canada and some other countrys that I don't recall, so using the argentinean flag woudn't be representative of the language.

True , but it´s look bad the "Castellano" with spanish flag

-----------

Queda para el OGT que diga castellano y este la banderita española

Porque cuando decis castellano o alguien lo dice se relaciona con argentina y no con españa
Hmm, a little bug, when trying to copy+paste in a Korean bit of text "졸려", it doesn't work, it just goes "??" at me instead of the characters.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Hmm, a little bug, when trying to copy+paste in a Korean bit of text "졸려", it doesn't work, it just goes "??" at me instead of the characters.

Not a bug, but an oversight or technical limitation of Windows. Whatever, it's very annoying, you can't just paste text into a program using the language it has been set to. To make this work you'd have to set Korean as the "language to match the language version of the non-Unicode programs you want to use". But then every backslash you see in Windows will appear as a Won currency symbol and there are various other issues. And this takes a restart every time you change it.

Even if you have multiple languages installed, you can only type into LFS using the language you have set as the "language to match the language version of the non-Unicode programs you want to use".
Attached images
Image1.gif
Image2.gif
Adding support and fonts for East Asian languages
Multibyte characters are not supported in LFS for Windows 98 / ME. Windows XP and Vista should work well but you may need to install fonts.

If you have Windows XP and currently cannot see the East Asian translations, here's how to set up your computer so it works. See the attachment, in Control Panel click on "Regional and Language Options" then under the "Languages" tab select "Install files for East Asian Languages". Windows will probably ask you to get your XP CD and the fonts will be installed from it.

I'd like to add this information to the first post in the thread but first I'd like to hear if this does the job for you so I know if these instructions are enough. This is important so you can see East Asian text and player names correctly when you are online.
Attached images
support.gif
Ahh, so nothing that I'd want to use unless explicitly setting up a computer for someone who speaks one of the offending languages. No problem with that
About Castellano and Spanish, my understanding is that there are a few different languages spoken in Spain, such as Castellano, Galician, Catalonian. And these are all Spanish languages although "Spanish" does normally refer to Castellano because it's the most widely spoken language in Spain.

But to be correct, it should be called Castellano to distinguish it from the other Spanish languages.

Here is an article describing how it is known as Castellano in Spain and Espanol in South America.

http://www.spainexpat.com/spai ... ation/castillian_spanish/

Quote from DarkTimes :Scawen, I dunno if it's just my computer doesn't support it, but some of the languages don't appear correctly, just empty spaces where the letters should be.

Please could you try out this solution (3 posts up) and let us know if it works as described?

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=702801#post702801

Quote from mcgas001 :Scawen. I think you misunder stood my bug report slighty. I ment that the MPSYS error happends on ALL tracks not just aston. Sorry

What do you mean? Can you give a full description of the bug or paste a link to the report? I did not do anything that was specific to one track. I can't remember what this is.

Quote from mcgas001 :Edit: while im at it. I found this bug too

Look at the pic. theres no X for the window =S

You ran out of characters, I'll increase the character buffer space.
Thanks for the test.

But I see a problem there with your Japanese and Traditional Chinese fonts which seem to be very wide and characters are being cut off. If you select those languages and click on the font selection button at the top, which font do you see at the top of the list?

EDIT : Strange, most of the characters are being drawn correctly but a lot of them are being drawn too narrow. In fact they are being drawn the right size but it seems they are reporting to LFS that they are narrower than they are so they are being cut off. It looks like a fault related to that selected Thrustmapper font. If you select another font I think it will work.
Quote from Scawen :What do you mean? Can you give a full description of the bug or paste a link to the report? I did not do anything that was specific to one track. I can't remember what this is.

I think i could be wrong. Does the dedi server automatically revert to the closest weather config number to the one you put in? i thought it might show a error and close the LFS.exe but it doesnt seem to react. For example. AS1 if i input (4) would it goto 2 as its closest in line.

and this was my bug report.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=37623
Quote from Scawen :Thanks for the test.

But I see a problem there with your Japanese and Traditional Chinese fonts which seem to be very wide and characters are being cut off. If you select those languages and click on the font selection button at the top, which font do you see at the top of the list?

I get a different selection of fonts, depending on which language I choose in LFS. The first in each list is...

Traditional Chinese - Tahoma.
Simplified Chinese - SimHei.
Japanese - MS PGothic.
Korean - Gulim.

It always seems to choose the Thrustmapper fonts by default, which I'm guessing are fonts which were installed by the Thrustmaster software used by my wheel.

I deleted my deb.log file, then ran LFS and selected Japanese, then exited. This is the file it produced.
Attached files
deb.log.zip - 926 B - 229 views
Scawen, another slight issue I had with Traditional Chinese with SimHei at 600 (I don't know what that number means) font, there seems to be a bit of overdrawing of textures, clipping the sides of other fonts, creating little dots on the left sides.

EDIT: Happens at all values atleast though with SimHei, just the size of the . are bigger.
Attached images
Untitledd.jpg
Quote from Scawen :EDIT : Strange, most of the characters are being drawn correctly but a lot of them are being drawn too narrow. In fact they are being drawn the right size but it seems they are reporting to LFS that they are narrower than they are so they are being cut off. It looks like a fault related to that selected Thrustmapper font. If you select another font I think it will work.

OK, I selected MS PGothic and it looks like this, where the letters are definitely smaller

As I said, it selected the Thrustmapper fonts by default, but I don't know why.
Attached images
LFS_MS_PGothic.jpg
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG