The online racing simulator
#1 - MR_B
Extracting a line from pubstats and placing it into a table.
Morning all,

Basically the title describes my question.

I'm wishing to extract a certain line from pubstats results, (the &racer=<NAME> extension) and place the specific piece of data into a table on a webpage. The page can either be in php or html format.

But I'm a complete noob as i've never had the chance/ needed to attempt something like this.

What would be my steps, and more importantly, is it possible?

Dazzle me with your wisdom

Kringle
Edit Just re-read and saw you said you never have attempted something like this. Regardless, I will leave my post here for information, and link you to this tutorial for some help (you will have to find out the basis of PHP via a quick Google search, first, though )

Using PHP, you can use $_GET[] to get variables (called GET variables) from the URL $_GET[] is just a simple array, where the key is the name of the variable (in this case, racer) and the value is the value that variable takes (in tis case, <NAME>).

This is presuming you have some PHP knowledge, if not - it'll take you a little longer than perhaps you've anticipated, as you'll have to learn some way to access these variables (plain HTML won't give you that functionality)
I think he wants some information the last line from one action, that happens to include the &racer tag. The question would be now, I don't have any idea of the action that he wants, I think it would be &action=pst tho, and take the last line from that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG