The online racing simulator
Irish oriented track
(82 posts, started )
Quote from petercollins :I can take a joke, but drunks this, shamrocks that etc. etc.

Bit of respect wouldn't go astray.

How about a few gags at the yank school murderers or their (statistically proven) fattest people in the world. Don't think it would last too long.

My friend is going to college in Ireland this year, and when he comes back telling me things like "they offer free pints for college kids at the local pub" and "we have drinking parties every other day" its hard for me not to offer a good "drunken-Irish" joke when the opportunity presents itself.
Well, most of the reason Aussies are such good drinkers is our strong Irish lineage. Throw in English criminals, Scots and Germans and it's a wonder we can stop drinking long enough to make babies
Quote from Stang70Fastback :My friend is going to college in Ireland this year, and when he comes back telling me things like "they offer free pints for college kids at the local pub" and "we have drinking parties every other day" its hard for me not to offer a good "drunken-Irish" joke when the opportunity presents itself.

Could be worse - he could be stuffing his face with fatty food and then blaming everyone else but himself, while millions die of starvation.

Glad to see we're putting him through college - probably couldn't afford the US McEducation.
Petercollins - no need to take it seriously, its just a joke

I think us Irish are good to admit that we are drunks, afterall, it's in our culture
Yes we like to get drunk alright that much is ture.

Lighten up!!
This is getting a bit OT.
Quote from niall09 :Petercollins - no need to take it seriously, its just a joke

I think us Irish are good to admit that we are drunks, afterall, it's in our culture

Niall - with all due respect, I'm not a drunk and I doubt you are.

I don't think it's funny for a thread about Irish circuits to become a bout of Irish-bashing and am surprised the moderator(s) have let it continue.

Is it funny to say that the reverse tracks are Irish tracks? What's that supposed to refer to? It doesn't even mention alcohol, it's pure Irish-bashing with no foundation and showing no respect for Irish people who have paid for their S1 and S2 licences.
I'm drunk as I type this, wearing my lucky four leaf clover in my hat, that I stole from a leprekaun after a bar fight. So I can't complain about these Irish jokes
I apologise for getting heated about this but it's one of the few things I don't think is acceptable in 2008.
Take it easy
Quote from petercollins :Niall - with all due respect, I'm not a drunk and I doubt you are.

No, i'm not a drunk. I was referring to your average person.

I might also have over exagerated the term "drunken". I meant it as someone who likes to drink, and a bit more

Ok, enough off topic for me now, sorry!
Ye all need a good stiff drink that will calm ye down !
Quote from niall09 :No, i'm not a drunk. I was referring to your average person.

I might also have over exagerated the term "drunken". I meant it as someone who likes to drink, and a bit more

Ok, enough off topic for me now, sorry!

Yes well I admit to that too!

Enough off-topic for me too
Quote from petercollins :Niall - with all due respect, I'm not a drunk and I doubt you are.

I don't think it's funny for a thread about Irish circuits to become a bout of Irish-bashing and am surprised the moderator(s) have let it continue.

Is it funny to say that the reverse tracks are Irish tracks? What's that supposed to refer to? It doesn't even mention alcohol, it's pure Irish-bashing with no foundation and showing no respect for Irish people who have paid for their S1 and S2 licences.

HAH! Chill out fella. The reverse tracks was nothing but "clichéd humour", most certainly wasn't Irish bashing. If you couldn't see, even with the smilies, that I was just having a chuckle (I notice no other person with an Irish flag next to their name had any problem with the comment and more than likely found the amusing side to it as it was intended), then that's your hangup. And if you _seriously_ think that's "Irish bashing".. then I sincerely feel sorry for you.

Glad everyone else has taken any "untoward" comments here as light-hearted humour.

Regards,

Ian
If we were American, it would be a different story!

Quote from Ian.H :"clichéd humour"

Isn't that why Benny Hill, Bernard Manning, Mike Reid and Tom O'Connor were no longer deemed to be acceptable comics in the early 90's with their Irish, Black, Jewish and Pakistani "clichéd" jokes?

Has the 1990s passed you by Ian?

I don't think calling 'Paddys' thick is a cliché in 2008. It may have been in 1989, but not now.
Quote from petercollins :Isn't that why Benny Hill, Bernard Manning, Mike Reid and Tom O'Connor were no longer deemed to be acceptable comics in the early 90's with their Irish, Black, Jewish and Pakistani "clichéd" jokes?

I guess that depends who you ask. Personally I think Benny Hill, Bernard Manning, Mike Reid and my all time fav. old standup, Jimmy Jones are class acts!

Quote :Has the 1990s passed you by Ian?

I don't think calling 'Paddys' thick is a cliché in 2008. It may have been in 1989, but not now.

Not much I can really say to that. You obviously have a personal hangup about your nationality. Not that I really give a fsck whether you're offended or not.

I guess your one of those people who bitch about a ruined pint of Guinness when a barman draws a shamrock in the head. I found most looked at quite fascinated.. but there was always one who complained when I used to do it.. I picture you being the one.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :Not that I really give a fsck whether you're offended or not.

Is this what we've come to expect on the LFS forum?

Mods - sort this guy out please:

-------------------------
-- LFS Forum Agreement --
1) When I post a message on this forum, I will do my very best to write in a polite manner and not use foul language and / or insult an individual or group of people.
#44 - SamH
Ian, start acting like you care, please. You don't need to care, but you need to act like you do on this forum. Obviously.
Quote from petercollins :Is this what we've come to expect on the LFS forum?

Mods - sort this guy out please:

-- LFS Forum Agreement --
1) When I post a message on this forum, I will do my very best to write in a polite manner and not use foul language and / or insult an individual or group of people.

Oh wow! that's cute

Remind me when your birthday is coming up. I'll order double quantities of 'sense of humour' to send to you

An Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman.... wait... you won't get it :rolleyes:

Regards,

Ian
I like Shamrocks And Guinnes

I don't mind a bit of Irish-bashing (hey, I do it myself :tilt, it's not as if we've never ever laughed at another country. In a friendly manner, of course...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I like Shamrocks And Guinnes

I don't mind a bit of Irish-bashing (hey, I do it myself :tilt, it's not as if we've never ever laughed at another country. In a friendly manner, of course...

That's the spirit! (or Guinness in this case, maybe ).

I've really got nothing against the Irish. My Mum used to spend a lot of time with Irish people who I subsequently met too. Some good ol' banter was had in both directions over a few pints. My local at the time was always known as an "Irish pub".. was a great environment As with everything though, there's always one who will take offence at anything just glad not everyone had their funny cell removed at birth I hate these new-found PC people.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :there's always one who will take offence at anything

I take offence to somebody using an out-of-date stereotype of a nation as being stupid to be funny.

This forum is multi-national and mult-cultural, as is the sim and should be treated as such.

If your antiquidated views are inappropriate then you'll be reprimanded as you just have been by the mod.

Your signature says as much about your cultural views as your attitude to modern nations such as Ireland.

Take the Mod's advice and move on please.

PS. My quotation above is not something "cute" I made up, but a regulation from the forum charter, just to clarify that for you.

Irish oriented track
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG