The online racing simulator
This is the best way to win a race in Colin McRae DiRT (video)
Haha nice amusing little video there
#3 - MR_B
*chuckles* very good, i like your style
Haha, good one
Great way to win!

I did wonder why the front wheel went flying. Then I went and watched some crash videos of the game and have to say it looks like crap.

Rear wings seem to be invincible. Just as long the car has wheels it goes like nothing has happened.
The thing that bugs me most is that the cars break but the scenery doesn't. Especially one scene on some video where a rally car hit a stationary car that was parked beside the road. Rally car turned to scrap. Stationary one didn't even get a dent. In another some one hit a trailer that was parked beside the road. Again rally car blows to bits but trailer doesn't even budge.

Why make cars that turn to scrap when you crash them but litter the scenery with similar objects that don't.
Quote from March Hare :Great way to win!

I did wonder why the front wheel went flying. Then I went and watched some crash videos of the game and have to say it looks like crap.

Rear wings seem to be invincible. Just as long the car has wheels it goes like nothing has happened.
The thing that bugs me most is that the cars break but the scenery doesn't. Especially one scene on some video where a rally car hit a stationary car that was parked beside the road. Rally car turned to scrap. Stationary one didn't even get a dent. In another some one hit a trailer that was parked beside the road. Again rally car blows to bits but trailer doesn't even budge.

Why make cars that turn to scrap when you crash them but litter the scenery with similar objects that don't.

Actually, those parked cars are literally the ONLY track objects that don't deform. EVERY other trackside object bends, breaks, bounces around, etc.

The damage in the default game is not programmed very well - the parts fly off too easily. However, I have made a damage mod which nearly entirely fixes the problems with the default damage, including making the cars crush more realistically and harshening mechanical damage. The car can die and be totally immobile without losing wheels with my mod. The visual damage is probably the best out of any racing game, with a little tweaking. Don't bring up FlatOut, that game has horrible pre-defined damage :P. You can get my mod here: http://community.codemasters.c ... m/showthread.php?t=208927

EDIT: It's odd that the wheels flew off that easily. Normally you have to be going at least 40 mph and hit a solid wall for that to happen. It is a bit buggy sometimes. Unfortunately there's no way to make the wheels harder to detach.

also, check out this video I made, it shows my damage mod pretty well (note that I've made the parts even less detach-happy since then) http://youtube.com/watch?v=cj9ZtzSFUcY
Another cool vid.
Especially the crash that starts at 3:34 looks very real.

So if they only had left those parked cars out off the game I would have had only the wheels to worry about.

Nevertheless I'm happy LFS doesn't have so detailed visual damage. For a start my comp couldn't handle it. Secondly it would bring more wreckers to the game.
The crashes indeed look good. However, that doesn't change the horrible physics of the game.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG