The online racing simulator
You May Ask Why I'm Posting From School...
(49 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
Simple reason - Applied Science.

First of all we put a whole bottle of Chemicals all over the floor (LOL). Lab Technician got annoyed. Then i managed to spill Nitric Acid all over the table (Lab Technician now fuming with rage). Then one of our group managed to put Potassium Bromide & Sulphuric Acid in a test tube - we were told to smell it, the teacher said it "Smelt like Death". The Lab Technician comes in to clean up the acid and shouts "SHIT! Is that bromine?!"

Result?

We've all now been evacuated from the Science class, and the people who did it are being "cleansed".

Ah the wonders of science!
Lmao!
DO NOT try seeing what colour Sulphuric Acid turns when you add Potassium Permanganate...somebody tried that at my school years ago...

The school was evacuated!
#4 - Jakg
The teachers gone off (to feel the wrath of the head science teacher LOL), we actually have both Sulphuric Acid and Potassium Permanganate less than a Metre from me.

I'm now getting warned that the Nitric Acid will burn my skin and turn it yellow before it peels off if i get any on me, and that i should check myself after spraying it all over the tabe.
#5 - Bean0
Ah, the joys of A-level chemistry, organic in particular

Unless they've refurbed the lab since I left, there should be a huge great brown stain on the ceiling and a few melted floor tiles just next to where I used to work.

Another time, whilst testing the boiling points of various alcohols the vapour from one must have travelled across the lab, where it encountered a lit bunsen. WHOOSH and a huge trail of fire from one end of the lab to the other.

We used to leave a bottle of ethanol open on the desk when writing up the experiments as well
Well clearly you're all a bunch of morons. I'm not going to applaud that or even laugh. You have just admitted to misusing toxic chemicals why? You might as well just turn all the gas taps on and light a match.
#7 - Jakg
Misusing? These were all accidents, honest!

We've also just "found" that in the last lesson some Sulphuric Acid was spilt all over the desk.

The same desk last lesson got set fire too. LOL!
Quote from Jakg :Misusing? These were all accidents, honest!

We've also just "found" that in the last lesson some Sulphuric Acid was spilt all over the desk.

The same desk last lesson got set fire too. LOL!

Maybe you should stay away from that Desk
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Well clearly you're all a bunch of morons. I'm not going to applaud that or even laugh. You have just admitted to misusing toxic chemicals why? You might as well just turn all the gas taps on and light a match.

Sorry i found it funny, ive been awake since 3:15pm yesterday and im currently living off coffee ^_^
they never let me play with the chemicals when I was at school, some kids are just too curious. Bad teacher for letting jakg anywhere near chemicals...
Quote from mcgas001 :Sorry i found it funny, ive been awake since 3:15pm yesterday and im currently living off coffee ^_^

You're not the only one. My eyes are sore from staring at Photoshop for too long.
#12 - JTbo
Ah, today's kids, incapable of doing even simple tasks without drama
On secondary school (yläaste) our chemistry book actually told to lit up some fuel and then try to extinguish it with water. Needless to say, a table was looking quite hot after that experiment.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N : You might as well just turn all the gas taps on and light a match.

Been there done that
#15 - mr_x
I remember in 1st Year in Secondary School, our science teacher gave us a good few chemicals to see what they were actually like. They were all in containers because they were quite harmful, to say the least!

Anyway, one of the lads (a nacker(chav), i may add )thought he would be cool. He had a container of mercury in his hand. He said "watch this lads" He then proceeds to throw it up into the air, and catch it. Unfortunately, he didnt catch it. It ended up all over the floor. We did not know the dangers of mercury untill the teacher shouted "EVACUATE THE SCIENCE LAB!!!" We all rushed out to our prefab. He told us that it is quite possible that one of us could have been seriously ill.

It was quite scary at the time
#17 - mr_x
And the best thing that happened to me at school was a teacher setting his tie on fire on the bunsen burner.
Quote from Bean0 :Ah, the joys of A-level chemistry, organic in particular

Unless they've refurbed the lab since I left, there should be a huge great brown stain on the ceiling and a few melted floor tiles just next to where I used to work.

Another time, whilst testing the boiling points of various alcohols the vapour from one must have travelled across the lab, where it encountered a lit bunsen. WHOOSH and a huge trail of fire from one end of the lab to the other.

We used to leave a bottle of ethanol open on the desk when writing up the experiments as well

Nice!

I have a similar tale from my high school science lessons. I was doing an experiment with a bunsen burner and alcohol vapors, I went to move the Bunsen, and the gas tube came off in my hand. Result: Instant flamethrower. The teacher said 'Who is burning paper?' which is kind of stupid when I have a gas tube in my hand, spitting flame. It /was/ handy for clearing a space to work though.

Anyway, I got it back on, but the alcohol vapors had begun to accumulate around there, next thing you know, whoosh, the burner and desk are on fire. The class run around like headless chickens (This is Yr 10 we're talking about), screaming FIRE! and not doing a great deal. Anyway, the smoke detectors went off after about 5 mins of this.

Net result: School got evacuated and I didn't get to play with any more bunsen burners

Quote from rc10racer :Been there done that

Ditto. Somebody did it on last day of Yr 8. Result was one hell of a bang The school needed new science labs...they just hastened it up :P

(Note: The new labs were worse than the old ones)

DK
We never get to set things on fire in my school
A story my old, mental, Chemistry teacher told us was that in the 70s was told to throw out their supply of Sodium (about 5kg) as it had past its 'use by' date. He took it down to the end of Cleethorpes pier and threw it in the sea 'to see what would happen'...

BOOM!
Everything's more fun at uni...you get access to the more dangerous stuff. I heard a story that someone was using hydrogen but had forgotten to run it for long enough to clear all the air from the tube. They ignited it and the combination of the hydrogen and air caused a fairly sizeable explosion which did a fair bit of damage to the lab.
All we did in science was learn how to make bombs, flairs, and other fun toys, we'd then go out into the field and proceed to blow up trees and such. Which in hindsight is even more comical as the school I went to was dubbed spot the white man as it was a predominately Muslim school.

But we never misused chemicals, not once in the (however many years secondary school lasts) did we have a spillage or a lab evacuation.
#23 - JTbo
Our class did not anything of such, I guess we were bit above average (well, in reality below, as they never let us touch anything flammable).

However one lad from another class did steal some stuff and put it into his pocket, next there was sports for good two hours and unfortainly stuff he took did react with liquid like water and sweat, he did burn awfully badly as his clothes did catch fire.

That perhaps gave him good warning that thief burns his fingers, unfortainely for him it was not just fingers, but stuff near pockets

I believe he would have been put to our class, but school ended before he did recovered enough
Most I got to do in chemistry in highschool was watch stuff get burned from across the room, we never got to mess with burners

Most we ever did was make a calorimeter.. yay!
We burned plastics once... Nothing really special

(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG