The online racing simulator
Crysis!
(67 posts, started )
Crysis!
I just both it!
Anything to say about it?
#4 - garph
It's good, very demading on machine spec and a little disappointing when you've seen it on the higher settings...that I can't run.

But it is still a great game.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I love the the tiny bit at the end that says 'I must say I appreciate Crysis for having a british character who never dies, turns evil or expresses a love of crumpets.'

Aye, makes the whole review even better
Zero Punctuation is absolutely spot on, especially about the vehicles and that damn flight sequence. They could not have made anything less intuitive and annoying to fly if they tried.

Overall it really is a stunning game, and the suit is a great gameplay-element, but the shooting itself, the AI (don't even try to tell me that it's any good, it's horrible and buggy and overrated) and the structure of the game is just mediocre. I did love the experience of the game though, as the story was unfolded very cinematically. I was certainly enjoying the game on the whole because of its presentation, but there are much better shooters out there.
For a purely shooting experience, yes there are better games, but for the experience of being on a huge island, being hunted by enemies known and unknown, there's not much that can touch it.
Level editor adds a whole new realm to the game, one I bet most players havn't bothered exploring.
I don't think it's that pretty really, not as good looking as COD4 certainly, although admitably I have to play Crysis at 1280x960, without AA and only on high, but still get far worse performance.
Well all I can say that if you could play it all settings on Very High with 8x AA and maximum resolution, You've got to say it's beautiful.
Even if then it's not beautiful for you, well I dont know.
Although whenever I play COD 4, I sometimes stay staring at COD4 graphics too, very beautiful.
Quote from aroX123 :Anyone know how to use editor? or where i can choose?

First I would suggest heading over to www.crymod.com and download some maps, and they have some good tutorials there for level design.
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Well all I can say that if you could play it all settings on Very High with 8x AA and maximum resolution,

If I could AFFORD a computer that would play Crysis at those settings, then its a certainty that I would also be able to afford a Ferrari and plastic surgery to make me look 20 years younger...in which case I would be out on the pull instead of playing games!! :P
worst ending in the world they did a little to much on graphics and missed on some important things
it puts my 1gb GFX card to shame! it runs well on high till the whole computer gets hot lol im only running fans and at that not very advanced ones. so unfortunately its not a game id put on hard and play the story again.
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Well all I can say that if you could play it all settings on Very High with 8x AA and maximum resolution, You've got to say it's beautiful.

Point is though, I can't with a current high end card (8800GT), marketed due to its ability to play this game. I'm not expecting to be able to run it on full settings, games move on and if it will look best with a hypothetical graphics card then that might be a good thing in a few years time but on what's a far above the average card the general public will try and run this game on it doesn't look very good whilst still having performance hits, for me HL2, COD4, UT3, RBR and even LFS give far more satisfying results because they give a better compromise of quality and performance, not to mention RBR is still stunning
Hmm, i have an 8800gt and i run Crysis at very CLOSE to full settings, and get a very acceptable (for this game) ~40fps
It's not just the game that looks pretty (or not, I did find it a bit disappointing at times too, but I can't use very high as I don't want to install vista) but the engine itself is really quite a masterpiece.
Now, I usually don't go fanboi on engines, and I was incredibly underwhelmed by the first Cryengine, but this one is really pushing a few boundaries; especially the procedural motion warping got me excited. It makes characters look very natural when they're walking up or down slopes, or standing on rocks with one foot higher than the other.

Most or all of the features are probably possible in other engines as well, but I haven't really noticed the advanced character animation features yet in games, so I guess it's a nice step forward

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACQW8iVCbhY
Quote from GFresh :Hmm, i have an 8800gt and i run Crysis at very CLOSE to full settings, and get a very acceptable (for this game) ~40fps

40fps is low enough to be noticeable but not unplayable, I'd at least expect to get better looking visuals than other games if that's the price you've got to pay. Don't you find there's noticeable drops in framerates at key points though?
#22 - Jakg
Quote from Dooonster :it puts my 1gb GFX card to shame! it runs well on high till the whole computer gets hot lol im only running fans and at that not very advanced ones. so unfortunately its not a game id put on hard and play the story again.

You have an 8500GT.

Not quite the same as a 2900 XT 1 GB...

EDIT - I'm about to download the demo and give it a whirl and see what it makes of a Quad and an 8800GTX :P
Quote from gacek1 :Crysis really need some update..
look: http://youtube.com/watch?v=PSmi0rjcWRc

Hahahahahahaha.

The AI in Far Cry used to do some stupid stuff, but that's great.

I broke down and bought Crysis a few days ago. I haven't installed it yet and I'm not looking forward to it at all. I don't really know why I bought it actually...

Crysis!
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG