The online racing simulator
G25 force feedback setup
(6 posts, started )
G25 force feedback setup
I followed the instructions for setting the G25 up for LFS in the profiler, but what FFB setting is recommended for in LFS? Mine defaults at 70, but it swings from side to side a lot, and is generally too strong to be comfortable. So I have it at 50 now, and its much better. But what's the recommended setting for this? Thanks
Just go with what you like - unless you are asking for forces that most resembles real life?
What would be closest to real life? seeing as how i just got my learners I havn't really driven a lot let alone aggresively.
I'm looking for what people find to be the best setting for racing/cruising (yes, cruising!). By best I mean easiest to drive, yet fairly close to real life. I think 50 is pretty good, but I don't really know...
Current FF wheels are far too weak to give any resemblance to real life wheel forces, so you have to find a compromise between FF quality and strength. I'd recommend a setting between 20 and 50% in LFS, depending on personal preference and car.

The problem with too high FF settings is that the forces quickly start maxing out, so the higher you set it the more the FF quality crumbles down till you end up with a purely on/off FF at some point. Higher FF settings give a more realistic force representation regarding strength and workout, but you lose a lot of fidelity and small details. It can also hinder your competitiveness with the bumps on the road having a larger impact on your steering angle, as well as lowering your steering speed due to FF motor resistance, making corrections harder.

It also depends if you mainly drive FWD/AWD or RWD cars - anything with driven front wheels has generally a much lighter FF than RWD cars do, allowing (or requiring) you to set the strength higher for a similar experience. Personally I use 40% for RWD, 50% for AWD and 60% for FWD cars.
Oh, thanks for the replies! I had it set to 70, but as you said Android, it hinders your driving ability...to drift I had to bring up the escape menu :P

G25 force feedback setup
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG