The online racing simulator
Kyoto 500?
(145 posts, started )
Quote from J@tko :We have a host thanks. If you sponsor it - what could you give us in return?

What do you need atm?
Quote from NtrlBrnRacer :What do you need atm?

Help! And lots of it!!!!!

Basically, I need general help in organisation e.t.c.

Would you be able to offer to be my co-organiser? Basically answering questions, setting up stuff and organising the (coming) sub-forum. It may also be linking with the LFSCAR series. We'll see.

No help ATM, but I will do soon.
Quote from J@tko :Help! And lots of it!!!!!

Basically, I need general help in organisation e.t.c.

Would you be able to offer to be my co-organiser? Basically answering questions, setting up stuff and organising the (coming) sub-forum. It may also be linking with the LFSCAR series. We'll see.

No help ATM, but I will do soon.

Yeah, i can help out with whatever you need. Just tell me what you need help with and i will be happy to.

Thanks from PRC
Quote from J@tko :
What do people want for the 250 (if it happens)?
GTR's
Modded XRT
anything else?

Quote from J@tko :We're only using mods cos the XRT will be quite slow if we keep it normal. We want it to be as realistic as possible. Unless someone can get slicks onto the XRT we won't be using it anyway.

Anything other than the road XR's (mainly going for the XRT) is just pointless. The GTR's are no where near as fun because like many have said its flat out. A FZ5 is probably too deadly for a 30 car field (I wouldn't mind it using it though). The XRT mph range at kyoto is from 130 to 150mph, and the tires (supers) can last about 100 laps (when running wr times). The XRT is probably the most competitive (besides the XRG but thats too many laps for a big one not too happen in them ). So I'm with the others that like the XRT.

I honestly don't understand why you would want to modify the XRT. To me it IS the most realistic as far as feel. But it sounds as if you want to modify the XRT into an XRR (which we all know is boring). I'm lost at what your trying to do J@tko mainly because your trying to fix something thats not broken.

Anyways, I honestly don't agree with the "modding" your trying to do (I won't attempt to make it if you go this route). But if its not a XRG/T or FZ5 that is going to be raced then I also am not going to attempt to run in this.

Even though I would participate if you restricted the FZ5 to the XRT (don't know why you would want to), don't do it because they handle completely different.

Oh and btw, is it 250 miles or laps? Because 250 miles is only 130-135 laps.
Quote from PMD9409 :Anything other than the road XR's (mainly going for the XRT) is just pointless. The GTR's are no where near as fun because like many have said its flat out. A FZ5 is probably too deadly for a 30 car field (I wouldn't mind it using it though). The XRT mph range at kyoto is from 130 to 150mph, and the tires (supers) can last about 100 laps (when running wr times). The XRT is probably the most competitive (besides the XRG but thats too many laps for a big one not too happen in them ). So I'm with the others that like the XRT.

I honestly don't understand why you would want to modify the XRT. To me it IS the most realistic as far as feel. But it sounds as if you want to modify the XRT into an XRR (which we all know is boring). I'm lost at what your trying to do J@tko mainly because your trying to fix something thats not broken.

Anyways, I honestly don't agree with the "modding" your trying to do (I won't attempt to make it if you go this route). But if its not a XRG/T or FZ5 that is going to be raced then I also am not going to attempt to run in this.

Even though I would participate if you restricted the FZ5 to the XRT (don't know why you would want to), don't do it because they handle completely different.

Oh and btw, is it 250 miles or laps? Because 250 miles is only 130-135 laps.

If you dont want this there is always the Kyoto 500 the the FO8 cars?
Quote from NtrlBrnRacer :If you dont want this there is always the Kyoto 500 the the FO8 cars?

Never said I wouldn't do the 500 . But I would rather do the XRT oval . Well... the "250".
Maybe we can have the same thing with the regular XRTs and the "modded" XRTs in 2 different days..
Quote from J@tko :K guys - thanks for the input. (BTW Dru - this isn't a round of the LFSBC!)

We'll keep the FO8 as it is for the 500 then.

What do people want for the 250 (if it happens)?
GTR's
Modded XRT
anything else?

I'll prod Victor again for a sub-forum.

XRG!!
24hp UF1
How about (if possible) modded GTR's? Bring the top speed to around 205 mph, and you will definately have to lift for corners
sounds interusting...
The project looks interesting. If I'm not working on race day, I could participate.

As well, if you need skins (ex: for safety car [as mentioned previously]), I can do those too. Just need info on the car and what (sponsors/text) to put on.
Quote from h3adbang3r :How about (if possible) modded GTR's? Bring the top speed to around 205 mph, and you will definately have to lift for corners

Tried it, NOT for long races. But if you can make the tires last longer than 10 laps, please tell me what you did.
Quote from Knight_Atack :The project looks interesting. If I'm not working on race day, I could participate.

As well, if you need skins (ex: for safety car [as mentioned previously]), I can do those too. Just need info on the car and what (sponsors/text) to put on.

Well PRC is going to sponsor... www.pacracingteam.co.nr if you need to look at a banner or something and we WILL need SC skins so if you could just put Kyoto 500 on the car that would be great. Dont know what car though me and J@tko are going to talk about it.
Quote from NtrlBrnRacer :Well PRC is going to sponsor... www.pacracingteam.co.nr if you need to look at a banner or something and we WILL need SC skins so if you could just put Kyoto 500 on the car that would be great. Dont know what car though me and J@tko are going to talk about it.

good to see ur gettin implicated :P
Sorry for double posting. But for the SC was thinking maybe we could use the FZ5 or the RAC? but its up to you J@tko.
Quote from PMD9409 :Anything other than the road XR's (mainly going for the XRT) is just pointless. The GTR's are no where near as fun because like many have said its flat out. A FZ5 is probably too deadly for a 30 car field (I wouldn't mind it using it though). The XRT mph range at kyoto is from 130 to 150mph, and the tires (supers) can last about 100 laps (when running wr times). The XRT is probably the most competitive (besides the XRG but thats too many laps for a big one not too happen in them ). So I'm with the others that like the XRT.

Quote from mutt107 :XRG!!

I think we'll be going for the XRT for the 250. (Sorry about the modding. I had it in my mind for some reason that we wanted a modded XRT, when the plain one was perfectly fine )

Quote from PMD9409 :Oh and btw, is it 250 miles or laps? Because 250 miles is only 130-135 laps.

132 laps. 250 miles.

Quote from evilpimp :24hp UF1

No.

Quote from h3adbang3r :How about (if possible) modded GTR's? Bring the top speed to around 205 mph, and you will definately have to lift for corners
  1. No-ones produced an GTR mod yet.
  2. Tyres will burn really quickly.
If I went for ultimate realism, then I would tweak the GTRs - massive V8s e.t.c. But that's not realistically possible ATM.

Quote from Knight_Atack :The project looks interesting. If I'm not working on race day, I could participate.

Quote from NtrlBrnRacer :But for the SC was thinking maybe we could use the FZ5 or the RAC? but its up to you J@tko.

Hm. Safety car will possibly be an FZ5. Or an LX4. Or RB4. Yet to decide!
-
(TFalke55) DELETED by TFalke55
so... I made two logos, as some between school stuff work... i saved them so that the date could be added, the main sponsor and the "racing promotion ( )"
Attached images
Kyoto250.png
Kyoto500.png
Quote from TFalke55 :so... I made two logos, as some between school stuff work... i saved them so that the date could be added, the main sponsor and the "racing promotion ( )"

Great!

What does the Japanese bit mean?
Kyoto... since I've copied it from Wikipedia

hopefully Wikipedia is this time right!

BTW: I attatched a layout wich was used for the Kyoto 300 a few years ago... It was a GTR-Class event

And I have another idea: Teamspeak or another client for the racecontrol to give the information about cautions directly to the driver as audio warning, and the optical warning by using these "big" caution message (I mean the way like normaly the Blue and Yellow flag appeaer on screen.
Also, that would be a suggestion to each driver, to get someone you trust, to watch LFSRemote, sothat you know when and where a car appears
Attached files
KY1_Kyoto300.lyt - 1.5 KB - 168 views
Quote from J@tko :I think we'll be going for the XRT for the 250. (Sorry about the modding. I had it in my mind for some reason that we wanted a modded XRT, when the plain one was perfectly fine )

132 laps. 250 miles.

No.
  1. No-ones produced an GTR mod yet.
  2. Tyres will burn really quickly.
If I went for ultimate realism, then I would tweak the GTRs - massive V8s e.t.c. But that's not realistically possible ATM.

Hm. Safety car will possibly be an FZ5. Or an LX4. Or RB4. Yet to decide!

I think we should use RB4 or FZ5 IMO just seems more easyier to use.

Quote from TFalke55 :Kyoto... since I've copied it from Wikipedia

hopefully Wikipedia is this time right!

BTW: I attatched a layout wich was used for the Kyoto 300 a few years ago... It was a GTR-Class event

And I have another idea: Teamspeak or another client for the racecontrol to give the information about cautions directly to the driver as audio warning, and the optical warning by using these "big" caution message (I mean the way like normaly the Blue and Yellow flag appeaer on screen.
Also, that would be a suggestion to each driver, to get someone you trust, to watch LFSRemote, sothat you know when and where a car appears

Dont worry we will have all this straightend out by race time.
this is going along nicely
Quote from mutt107 :this is going along nicely

Haha getting there! Anyone wanna make some sigs for LFS forum for the Kyoto 500 and 250?
Quote from NtrlBrnRacer :Anyone wanna make some sigs for LFS forum for the Kyoto 500 and 250?

That would be great!

But I've no idea how!

Kyoto 500?
(145 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG