The online racing simulator
Kyoto 500?
(145 posts, started )
What if we did it on march break and in middle of summer? Maybe on march break it could be 250 miles as a test race for real one..?
Shoot I hoped it would be be the XRR or FXR because then there's the possibility to trade paint. I'm interested but I can only make a race of this magnitude on certain days so I'll wait to see the time until I decided

But whether it's a Daytona 500 or a Indy 500 really doesn't matter to me so I'm interested.
how about indy 500 on march break daytona 500 in summer?
Quote from racer hero :What if we did it on march break and in middle of summer? Maybe on march break it could be 250 miles as a test race for real one..?

Quote from lizardfolk :Shoot I hoped it would be be the XRR or FXR because then there's the possibility to trade paint. I'm interested but I can only make a race of this magnitude on certain days so I'll wait to see the time until I decided

But whether it's a Daytona 500 or a Indy 500 really doesn't matter to me so I'm interested.

Or, considering lizardfolk's post - A 'Nascar' 250 in march for FZR and XRR?

P.S - Is the Daytona 500 a Nascar event?
I think the FXR would better. Only FXR. FXR would be closer racing because its easier to control and draft just like Fo8 to BF1.
Quote from racer hero :I think the FXR would better. Only FXR. FXR would be closer racing because its easier to control ind raft jsut liek Fo8 to BF1.

OK.

There'll be a Kyoto 250 in march for the <insert GTR car(s) here>, and the Kyoto 500 in June/July for FO8.

Discuss GTR's below.

How much of a difference is there and could it be solved by restricion?
Yes it could be solved by restriction but in nascar all cars are the same except for the front nose shape.
Quote from J@tko :Or, considering lizardfolk's post - A 'Nascar' 250 in march for FZR and XRR?

P.S - Is the Daytona 500 a Nascar event?

Yes the Daytona 500 is one of the crown jewel of NASCAR (Something Villeneuve is trying to win this year )

Should we include all the GTRs (with XRR and FZR restrictions of course) for the Kyoto 250?

Quote from racer hero :Yes it could be solved by restriction but in nascar all cars are the same except for the front nose shape.

That's not really true anymore but oh well
Well nascar cars are closer together than XRR FXR and FZR.
Quote from racer hero :Well nascar cars are closer together than XRR FXR and FZR.

ATM, I've got the following, for very equal times

Please test if you want.

FXR - no restriction
FZR - 9%
XRR - 7%
Yeh that seems good.
I suggest that the style of qualifying would follow the IndyCar/NASCAR style of qualifying. All the drivers will join in the pits. But only one car comes out to run 2-4 laps. When that car is finished with its qualifying run the driver will immediately come into the pits or Shift + P. Once that car is in, the admin will allow (or motion) for the second car to take the track and so on until all the participants have gone.
Quote from lizardfolk :I suggest that the style of qualifying would follow the IndyCar/NASCAR style of qualifying. All the drivers will join in the pits. But only one car comes out to run 2-4 laps. When that car is finished with its qualifying run the driver will immediately come into the pits or Shift + P. Once that car is in, the admin will allow (or motion) for the second car to take the track and so on until all the participants have gone.

Ah, I remember doing this in last year's OWRL 500. Went almost perfect, but of course some idiot decided to go out when he wasnt supposed to, and ran about 5 laps before he was banned.
Yes that sounds like a good qualifying procedure. I think everyone in spectate as 1 person at a time goes onto the track might work a bit better.
Yeah that should be fine
I think qualify should be normal, or at least I think the qualify should be normal, so that we don't have to go to the server setup and the admin tells us when to join. I really don't like this system mainly that is because I see no one on the grid when the race is started (It's some problem with my internet, another pc doesn't help...).
For qualifying, I'm not too sure what to do. I think that the best idea would be to have 2 or 3 cars on at a time, to minimise the time taken.

For the race, there will be 8 laps (for the 250 - 7 for the 500) under a semi-paced (it'll be me, in an FXR w/loads of fuel + downforce) safety car. Then, on the last lap of the safety car, it'll slow down after Sector 1 to pit-lane speed. After everyone has bunched up in twos (3s for 500), the safety car will pull away and everyone else will be on pit lane speed limiters. Race control will throw the green flag and then you go off the limiter and start racing.

In the event of a yellow mid-race, the rules will be the same as any normal NASCAR Race.

R4 tyres are prohibited for both races.

I am pondering whether to force people to have at least 1 stint on the R2 tyres.

Thoughts on the above?

P.S Seeing as we have quite alot of interest, I'll hopfully get up a seperate sub-forum soon.

EDIT: For (for me!) 14.5 splits and 40.8 laps:
FXR: no restriction
FZR: 8%
XRR: 8%
hehe...i think u can count me in...loved to try my patience...
Quote from -NightFly- :hehe...i think u can count me in...loved to try my patience...

Great.

Waiting on the sub-forum now.
Quote from J@tko :P.S - Is the Daytona 500 a Nascar event?

Blasphemy.

I'd be interested in trying to run either of these if I am free at the time. Not in a BF1 for the Indy one, though. No way I could put up with listening to that thing hitting the rev limiter for 3 hours straight.
Nice
Nice but please make in a weekend and at morning if sunday, if friday/saturday it can be all times.
But think most people can race in weekends. Myself can't join any races because theyre early on sundays..
Quote from UncleBenny :Blasphemy.

Mate, I'm English. Most American's can't grasp the concept of turning right.

And I've never seen the Daytona 500 on TV here. We have more sophisticated TV programmes such as 'The Simpsons' and 'Sex in the City', that people prefer to watch over here.

Quote from UncleBenny :I'd be interested in trying to run either of these if I am free at the time. Not in a BF1 for the Indy one, though. No way I could put up with listening to that thing hitting the rev limiter for 3 hours straight.

The 500 is for FO8.

Just turn your sound off!

It is rather annoying isn't it! Why not copy your UF1 sound, and rename it to BF1_UF1 and use that instead!

Quote from Mtelling :Nice but please make in a weekend and at morning if sunday, if friday/saturday it can be all times.

But think most people can race in weekends. Myself can't join any races because theyre early on sundays..

It'll be on a Saturday, almost for sure.
Quote from J@tko :Mate, I'm English. Most American's can't grasp the concept of turning right.

RIGHT? WHAT IS THIS RIGHT YOU SPEAK OF?

Anyway, I would love to join but I can't guarantee anything because I have a very limited schedule. I hope I'll be able to join I'll just have to wait and see when the official time is
Quote from lizardfolk :RIGHT? WHAT IS THIS RIGHT YOU SPEAK OF?

Haha! In my sig

Quote from lizardfolk :Anyway, I would love to join but I can't guarantee anything because I have a very limited schedule. I hope I'll be able to join I'll just have to wait and see when the official time is

OK - still deciding on when it'll be.

ATM, the 250 will be on a Sat in March.
The 500 will be on the last Sat in June or one of first two in July.
Is the 250 going to be on the weekend after the march break? This is the date I would suggest.

Kyoto 500?
(145 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG