The online racing simulator
School + lfs = :D
(42 posts, started )
#1 - Migz
Well today i was at school and a friend of mine found a proxy, so i went on the good ol lfs site and downloaded the demo.
When it finally finished, i expected it to run at a low fps because of all the other computers on, but the cheeky game ran at 50 fps, which is higher then my computer runs it at.

So i took the xrg out for a spin. And managed to do some neat drifting with the mouse.(which i cant do at home, with mouse or with my wheel.)
And then other people in the class started to notice my drifting and came on and cheered me on.

Even the teacher came over and watched.

But as soon as i logged of the .exe was automatically deleted

But still, i think i just introduced lfs to 20 people

Anybody else here had a drive at school/work?
Install it to a USB pen drive, then you can just plug it in and run it from there, anywhere you want to
I downloaded it..but once I got everything done..the class was over..but we have these freezedrive things and if you dont save it on the freezedrive it will be cleared..The next day I played it and there was about 30 or so people watching me...I used the kb and they kept asking me how much it costs and how im doing it and where I got it from. So...There might be more people coming soon hopefully :-)
#4 - Migz
Oh i tried that, well i moved the whole lfs folder to my usb and when i played it, it was the demo again so i was annoyed. lol.

Oh and i forgot to say, when i was "drifting" i tried to go online to show everybody some of the amazing drifters of this community, but lfs was blocked at the firewall
That's a great story, and it just goes to show how powerful word-of-mouth advertising really is.
#6 - J@tko
My school has a big Quake 3 problem.

At lunchtimes there are huge lan games going on over the network, with people having some names that I'd rather not repeat here!

The teachers are onto them quick tho - there the only ones who are staring at the screen, left hands on cursors and right on mouse!
Lol.. and we thought "back then" having Ironman (a tiny offroadracinggame) on the schools pc's was cool.. they didn't notice some boys "checking" the systems untill a printer started it's work whilst there was a test on ... a written test. After that someone put Prince of Persia on nearly every pc..

Great introducing more folk to the sport!

Regards,

Frank
I used to play counter-strike at school, unfortunately I wasn't really into LFS back then.
#9 - Migz
Well the thing is, is were not aloud to play any games, AT ALL.
no java games, no anything, which is why i was amazed when someone told me my teacher was watching.

I think one day i should bring my steering wheel in my bag, and pelt around a track, and get people to pay me to try and beat me D:
#10 - Migz
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I used to play counter-strike at school, unfortunately I wasn't really into LFS back then.

How old are you? if you dont mind me asking? Because if your like 25, i doubt there was a lfs back when you went to school
Quote from Migz :How old are you? if you dont mind me asking? Because if your like 25, i doubt there was a lfs back when you went to school

Then neither would CS1.6 have been.
Quote from BlueFlame :Then neither would CS1.6 have been.

Although 1.6 came out 1999 i believe, LFS first version was 2001?
#13 - Migz
Smart arse. Lol.
well maybe he/she? left school in 2000.
Only games on my old school's computers were these dumb browsergames (Ogame) or flashgames. Most of them hadn't more than 450mhz But we played "Insane" on some of the better ones or Starcraft.
Oh how this brings back memories of playing video games at school. Only problem was, the bus drivers would get really ticked off as you tried to lug that huge arcade machine of Ms. Pacman or Donkey Kong Jr up the steps into the bus. Then you had to sneak the thing that weighed 500 lbs and was 3 times the size of you into the classroom and try to hide it.
We used to play Quake 2 and GTA: London on LAN. Elastomania was huge for awhile as well.
=/ we have crappy computers I tried to play LFS last year on the computers at school and had like 5 fps in singleplayer :S
Quote from J@tko :My school has a big Quake 3 problem.

At lunchtimes there are huge lan games going on over the network, with people having some names that I'd rather not repeat here!

The teachers are onto them quick tho - there the only ones who are staring at the screen, left hands on cursors and right on mouse!

haha this happens to our school as well..
I used to put it on a USB, might need USB 2.0 to run it a decent speed.
in the final year of school for me we all played soldier of fortune 2 demo, it was good fun being one of the best people
#21 - Pino
We used to play Blue Max on the school's only Commodore 64.
I feel old
Quote from mrodgers :Oh how this brings back memories of playing video games at school. Only problem was, the bus drivers would get really ticked off as you tried to lug that huge arcade machine of Ms. Pacman or Donkey Kong Jr up the steps into the bus. Then you had to sneak the thing that weighed 500 lbs and was 3 times the size of you into the classroom and try to hide it.

Good one, Mike.
#23 - Jakg
Done it with a couple of other people over LAN before, was quite fun although frankly LFS is terrible for this as you want something more... action packed.

Crimson Skies? Now THAT was fun!
It was Elite on the BBC Micro in my day.
:ices_rofl Computers were the size of cathedrals and only located in Universities when I was at school...

(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG