The online racing simulator
Role Play? (an Extreme cruise option?)
As for the newest patch, the LFS crew threw in the "cruise server" option (even though cruise servers have existed longer). This got me thinking... What if someone made an RP type server, more or less cruise, but with more options, like having a Job, special income (for jobs..), welfare income and so on? It would be more than regular cruising, and using special addons serverside, would spice the cruisers/RP'ers life up a bit.

SUGGESTIONS on what to have in a Addon:

-Jobs (As stated above, but within the jobs there would be different "ranks", so there is one manager, sub-manager and so on... higher the rank, higher the pay)
- Specialized cars (no, not tweaked ones :P but some cars are restricted to pepole with a specific job/rank. Say, a player is a high paid-high-ranked person, that can use cars like LX6, RAC and FZ5. A middle-class player can use FXO, RB4 and LX4, and low paid workers can use XRT, XRG and XFG. Pepole on Welfare can use the UF1000. (GTR class cars can only be used by pepole with a Racing-License.)
-Licences. (To qualify for a job, you need to prove that you can do it. for "desk jobs" this is not needed, but when you are a delivery boy, or even Car Tester, a Licence have to be issued for you to be able to do the job. The manager jobs should be the Admin(s) on the specific server, but can be given to TRUSTED players. the managers keep an eye when players try to get licences, so he does not speed, or drive incorrectly. For the "supercars" (Fz5 ETC), a licence also need to be issued, but only by a driving instuctor, watching how the player drives)
-police ( yes, as well as Cruise servers, i belive this need a cop solution. also trusted players. cadets can be as a tryout)

- Money income. ( i feel that car prices should be more like real life, but money income is larger. 20,000$ is a reasonable price for a XRT for example. staying within the speed limit gives most cash, 0$ when over 10 mph over.
-Layouts( layouts can be more or less similar to the exsiting cruise layouts, but if there is car testers, mabye a little track made for exactly that somewhere along the route?)

-Food Needs ( Why not have a food seller, that sells different foods for a price, and drivers need it, or their cars stop)

Come with input! Comments, or other thoughts and if many is intrested, mabye a good soul out there wants to code it? im not a coder/addon maker myself, but i would like too see this come to life... Although ive seen some of these suggestions before, i think that with a little more development, this could work

-hazzy
-racing?

Or would that be too stupid?
You do know this is Live For Speed racing simulator forums right?
You know, out of pure intrest i did start to code something as complex as this. I got bored and gave up though... although it "could" be fun it would be a lot to code

Edit: and also what kurent said, it wont be "at home" in lfs.
Despite all the flaming you will inevitably receive from hardcore racers, it sounds like it would be pretty cool! Nice idea
that would take a looooooooooooong time to even get a game going...

and i think you should go play warcraft 3 on a sim server... did you even come here to drive?
holy poop
Quote from kurent :You do know this is Live For Speed racing simulator forums right?

Well, this is the Live For Speed General Discussion. So this post is not wrongly placed. And LFS is not only about racing If it was, why put in the "cruise" option on servers?

Quote from atlantian : that would take a looooooooooooong time to even get a game going... did you even come here to drive?

Well considering a known server is interested in using it, i believe that it would be popular pretty quick...

And Yes, i'm here to drive :P but sometimes just racing gets boring, and I'm quite devoted to driving, cruising have a little more relaxed type of driving is nice...

Quote from crashgate3 : -racing?

Or would that be too stupid?

Hmm, the most i could think of is (illegal) street races...

Quote from R34GTR : holy poop

say what?
Quote from hazardboy :Well, this is the Live For Speed General Discussion. So this post is not wrongly placed. And LFS is not only about racing If it was, why put in the "cruise" option on servers?

Well considering a known server is interested in using it, i believe that it would be popular pretty quick...

And Yes, i'm here to drive :P but sometimes just racing gets boring, and I'm quite devoted to driving, cruising have a little more relaxed type of driving is nice...

Hmm, the most i could think of is (illegal) street races...

say what?

Well actually it was coded to have an option for real racers to not see the servers in the list.
no, i think you misunderstood me, i mean, races are quick matches, but role playing goes on for hours...

and the sim idea seems like a chat room... with cars.
/me likes Role-play

Not the same role-play you're on about though
me thinks that we can do both on lfs...
i think this is a good idea because it will be very realistic and aslo u need house payments and defrent houses can store more cars also...
and in addition, an option for you to exit your car and/or jack other people's car... like GTA
i don't know about jacking cars... i don't want my FZ5 stolen... lol
This idea sees your furry thread and raises with infinite amount of stupidity.
also add weapons!
also cops need to be more trained they need to go though training with admin's in the server and also have 1000km.
no weapons...
Quote from The General Lee :/me likes Role-play

Not the same role-play you're on about though

Getting that mixed up with foreplay?
Quote from atlantian :and in addition, an option for you to exit your car and/or jack other people's car... like GTA

I guess that would be a little too much for LFS :P but if the players could walk freely, then mabye.

And for future reference: I do not wish to have GTA in LFS. No weapons and such... too complex, and VERY unfair towars different players.

Mabye a tutorial for beginners to help them through the start would be good
add animals!
Quote from J@tko :Role-play = dressing up

Why dress up when your soon gonna get undressed in a matter of minutes?

Sorry for offtopicness.
Quote from mutt107 :also cops need to be more trained they need to go though training with admin's in the server and also have 1000km.
no weapons...

I'm with you on that. only trusted players could be cops, and yes, a good mileage on the cars + training from players high up on the ladder of ranks.

Atlantian: Let's be realistic... animals?? that would mean new graphics, alter tracks and such... LFS developers would never go with that. and guns? go play GTA: san andreas or something

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG