The online racing simulator
Quote from james12s :well you do a drive through trough the pits then its not valid so youhave to do it again, double penalty

It's not a double penalty if the first drive-through doesn't cost you anything (you get put back where you were before doing it).

Quote :and it doesnt give a 1 lap penalty, if you think about it, if you are at the back you could have a drive through or sg but not loose time cos you could pit while at the back then do the penalty and catch the field back up meaning it hasnt made an afect, therefore giving a similar effect to not allowing people to do penaltie at all

I think the problem here was you saying "until the sc...has passed," which would mean a 1 lap penalty. Waiting until the whole field (other cars behind the SC) has passed is acceptable to me.

Or, as Banshee put it to me in an IM... just do the DT/SG and fall to the back of the line once you exit.
yah ok thats a better way of putting it
Blah, is what I meant, was back of the line. It just is illogical to me for a penalty to be reassessed, if during a DT, you're half through the pitlane.
So, is everyone okay with the following revisions?

Quote :D3) Drivers issued a DT, SG, or 45S penalty must complete the penalty within three (3) laps, or the given penalty will be upgraded to the next level of severity.

D3.1) A car may serve a DT, SG, or 45S penalty under SC conditions, but must fall to the rear of the field after exiting the pits. If more than one car serves a penalty at the same time under SC conditions, these cars must join the rear of the field in the order in which they exited the pits.

...then shift the current D3.1 and D3.2 down accordingly and get rid of J4.
yep happy with that
happy with me.
Good wording.
Nice
Im happy with that if only i had gotten in sooner i was going to ask.

If your under SC and then when it peels off a person with a DT SG ect go in with it thats within the rules right?
Yeah, although imo it's not good strategy.
Any ideas when or how you would open up to allow a second team car to enter the series. Maybe depending on the number of pre-race confirmations 1 week (possibly 2?) in advance or something?
Quote from srdsprinter :Any ideas when or how you would open up to allow a second team car to enter the series. Maybe depending on the number of pre-race confirmations 1 week (possibly 2?) in advance or something?

2 weeks in advance of the first round would be a good bet.
Revised rules uploaded to OP.
Website rules are updated now.
MOE has finalized its balancing, any timeline on when IGTC will do the same?

Including FXR would that be about 0 - 30 - 45kg (FXR, XRR, FZR) assuming no intake restrictions?

Thanks!
Quote from srdsprinter :MOE has finalized its balancing, any timeline on when IGTC will do the same?

Including FXR would that be about 0 - 30 - 45kg (FXR, XRR, FZR) assuming no intake restrictions?

Thanks!

I don't think so.

Right now in MoE it's ? - 0 - 15kg (FXR, XRR, FZR).

I'm going to watch how the 24hr plays out, as I've said, and we'll start our own deliberations after that.
IMO, we shouldn't do extra weights at all... Thinking of it, if this is the way the class is, everyone can settle for a compromise... Slower but easier or faster and harder, the choice is there...
Leave them as there are, personally, I can't see the point of making all cars lap the same times, it's just not that simple.

You have to also take into account tyre wear, fuel useage and ease of driving, there is a bigger picture here that doesn't just focus on laptimes.......
I am also in favour of not adding any ballast. I dont think it's needed and as you said Dan, there are too many variable to consider which could all make the balancing uneven.
Spoken like a true FZR driver.
If it's good enough for the Devs, it's good enough for me
If the FZR is so dominant, why doesnt everyone use it?
Quote from BenjiMC : If it's good enough for the Devs, it's good enough for me

Scawen hasn't balanced the car in Patch Y, only made it worse again.

Scrapping a year's worth of online handicaps and suddenly having slightly different revs & shifting methods doesn't magically make the cars balanced. Scawen, will surely do a run-through again to re-balance. And yet again, if you go with stock patch settings, you get 3 different cars all at entirely different paces.

MoE chose 15kg to be added to the FZR, and even that is not enough in my opinion...
Driving style, challenge or ease of driving one of the other cars, tire/fuel consumption, etc etc. There are always reasons.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG