The online racing simulator
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Driving style, challenge or ease of driving one of the other cars, tire/fuel consumption, etc etc. There are always reasons.

Bingo, which is why it's unfair to cripple it
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
I'm going to watch how the 24hr plays out, as I've said, and we'll start our own deliberations after that.

+1
Benji - Whats the exact url of the rules page?
The rules will also be released as an encyclopedia (in 24 series).
Yeah, I'm working on a director's cut.
I read the rules and i have one question:
If our car will be disconected - which driver have to rejoin to race? Anyone or driver who drive in the moment of disconect?
Anyone from that team can join.
5.1) Teams fielding more than one car may use a different model (FXR, XRR, FZR) for each car. However, teams may not change models mid-season unless otherwise instructed by series admins

If a team has 2 cars, may they use drivers from the other car, i mean, may the drivers go from one car to the other as they please?

It could happen in the same race or from race to race. Or if one of the cars has bad luck and they take their good drivers into the more lucky car

I think it is not realy fair to have two horses this way. It will give the big teams an advantage over the smaller teams
Quote from Humbleridderen :5.1) Teams fielding more than one car may use a different model (FXR, XRR, FZR) for each car. However, teams may not change models mid-season unless otherwise instructed by series admins

If a team has 2 cars, may they use drivers from the other car, i mean, may the drivers go from one car to the other as they please?

It could happen in the same race or from race to race. Or if one of the cars has bad luck and they take their good drivers into the more lucky car

I think it is not realy fair to have two horses this way. It will give the big teams an advantage over the smaller teams

I'll discuss this with Benji and we'll get back to you shortly.
After conferring with Benji, we agree that in a multi-car team the lineup for each car can change for each race (always coming from the overall team roster, of course), but one driver can not drive both cars in the same race.

After rosters have been posted, Team managers may make a request to the admins that a driver be subbed from one team car to the other. In case of emergency, this request may be made during the race itself but, again, the subbed driver may not drive for both cars in the same race.

This was a valid issue to bring up, and we thank you for raising it.
Wouldn´t this just be a way for the multiple cars team to choose the right car for each combo. If they have one FZR and one FXR for example?
Quote from Humbleridderen :Wouldn´t this just be a way for the multiple cars team to choose the right car for each combo. If they have one FZR and one FXR for example?

I suspect that each car would be treated as a separate 'team', so for example Concept-A in FZR and Concept-B in XRR. Any points scored in one car would be kept separate from those scored in the other.

There is no points reward for individual drivers, so there is no advantage here.
Quote from Bean0 :I suspect that each car would be treated as a separate 'team', so for example Concept-A in FZR and Concept-B in XRR. Any points scored in one car would be kept separate from those scored in the other.

There is no points reward for individual drivers, so there is no advantage here.

Hm, yeah, but am I winning in team car number 1 or 2 doesn´t matter for me, as long as my team and I win, if you get what I mean. The real team is the drivers, the cars is only skins and numbers.

What I think would be the simple and correct way of handling this, would be, every car, like "team 1", is handled like a separate team and has fixed drivers. The drivers should NOT apear at any other car during the season. It´s over and out, if you have bad luck!
Still, in the season points the points of both cars don't get added up, so it won't make a difference anyway...
Well, two entries for the actual series aren't looking likely anyway.

But to answer your question. No advantage is gained since both cars will be at the same track anyway. The drivers you choose are up to you. it makes no difference. The teams dont get points, the cars do.

Example

TeamX - FXR
TeamX - FZR

Drivers x,y,z,p,l,m,n,o

Round 1 FXR-X,Y,Z,P Wins and FZR+other drivers second
Round 2 FXR-l,m,n,o Wins and FZR+Other drivers second.

Even though the drivers have switch the point would be

Round1 FXR 50 FZR 40
Round2 FXR 100 FZR 80
I don´t think you get my point.

For example. A team has 2 cars, A and B.
car A does very good, because of the magnificant drivers. BUT shit happens, and they get a lot of problems in the middle of the season. Two of their drivers get problem to come to the races and it will get hard to finish the season and they have also a lot of disconnects.

Car B has done not so well, but because they didn´t had all the disconnects, they have the same amount of points in the middle of the season.

Then the team decides to use all it´s good drivers they have on car B and they win the season.

This way they have 2 horses, which gives the team better chances.

Small teams have not that option so easily.
Quote from Humbleridderen :I don´t think you get my point.

For example. A team has 2 cars, A and B.
car A does very good, because of the magnificant drivers. BUT shit happens, and they get a lot of problems in the middle of the season. Two of their drivers get problem to come to the races and it will get hard to finish the season and they have also a lot of disconnects.

Car B has done not so well, but because they didn´t had all the disconnects, they have the same amount of points in the middle of the season.

Then the team decides to use all it´s good drivers they have on car B and they win the season.

This way they have 2 horses, which gives the team better chances.

Small teams have not that option so easily.

This is true, but Benji and I don't feel that a team should be penalized for being large or having a good support network. This is something teams should be aiming for anyway, and I can think of very few real life leagues that would deny a team the chance to sub in drivers. Furthermore, a single car team has less to worry about (theoretically) than a two-car team... less ground to cover, fewer cars to staff.

In your scenario it's still the team that wins, no matter which car. In that same scenario the same team could have run one car and had the same result.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :This is true, but Benji and I don't feel that a team should be penalized for being large or having a good support network. This is something teams should be aiming for anyway, and I can think of very few real life leagues that would deny a team the chance to sub in drivers. Furthermore, a single car team has less to worry about (theoretically) than a two-car team... less ground to cover, fewer cars to staff.

In your scenario it's still the team that wins, no matter which car. In that same scenario the same team could have run one car and had the same result.

Thx for a honest response!
Quote from Humbleridderen :Hm, yeah, but am I winning in team car number 1 or 2 doesn´t matter for me, as long as my team and I win, if you get what I mean. The real team is the drivers, the cars is only skins and numbers.

What I think would be the simple and correct way of handling this, would be, every car, like "team 1", is handled like a separate team and has fixed drivers. The drivers should NOT apear at any other car during the season. It´s over and out, if you have bad luck!

It's hard to support two cars in endurance events. Sure these teams are signing up large rosters, but forcing them to separate their drivers into two pools opens a whole other can of worms. Namely, what happens if you don't have enough available drivers from pool 1 but you have a surplus of drivers in pool 2?
Quote from rcpilot :It's hard to support two cars in endurance events. Sure these teams are signing up large rosters, but forcing them to separate their drivers into two pools opens a whole other can of worms. Namely, what happens if you don't have enough available drivers from pool 1 but you have a surplus of drivers in pool 2?

Then it will just show, that the team has made a wrong choice, when they made the pools and pool 1 car has to go out!

Just a team problem they have to deal with!

I could also say, what happens with a small team with 1 car, when they don´t have enough drivers?

But nevertheless, I respect the organisers decision
OP updated to add rules G4 and J4 and clarify rules J2.4 and J2.6.

Rules on site will be updated as soon as Benji sees this.
Following round 1, an update will be made to the rules as follows (edit to rule A1 in bold):

A1) Each team's manager must post in each event’s pre-race confirmation thread (found in the 2008 Season forum) to state whether the given team is or is not attending said event. In the same post, each manager must also post the team race roster as described in rule B1.2. This confirmation thread will be posted no fewer than 5 days prior to the event. Managers must have confirmed their team's entry within 48 hours of the event start time.

B6) A team that misses two consecutive races or three races total in the course of the season without officially withdrawing will be demoted to the bottom of the waiting list. In such an event, the team at the top of the waiting list will be added to the active teams list. If the field is not full, and the waiting list is empty that team will remain on the active teams list.

B6.1) If a team states that it cannot start a given event, or if a team fails to confirm its entry by the deadline stated in rule A1, approved teams on the waiting list will be given the opportunity to race, in the order they appear on the list. If the top team on the waiting list cannot race, the next team will be offered the spot, etc etc.

Note: Despite these rules not going into effect until after Round 1, the tally of missed races will start with round 1.
New rules are updated on the website. Rules doc updated in OP. [DWB's note: Also uploaded version with tracked changes so you can see exactly what's been changed. A lot of it is minor formatting stuff, but some of it is substantive.]

We ask that all drivers re-read the entire rulebook as changes have been made throughout.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG